Remote tuner fallback channel list

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 reg

• 62 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:49

Hi guys,

I have two boxes with different feeds, and I'd like to use the remote tuner fallback feature so I can watch all channels from both boxes on both boxes.

Is there a way I can "download" the list of available channels from the remote box?

Thanks,

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 10 September 2017 - 13:31

Not with the fallback, that is supposed to work completely transparently. The remotestreamconverter does have that option.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #3 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:52

You can see it with certains skins. Bright white services are available from the local receiver, light grey from the fallback tuner and dark grey are unavailable services.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #4 reg

• 62 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 September 2017 - 17:46

You can see it with certains skins. Bright white services are available from the local receiver, light grey from the fallback tuner and dark grey are unavailable services.

Sounds cool – do you know any skin that does that? (I tried a few ones but no luck)

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 12 September 2017 - 17:56

PLi-FullHD

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #6 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,623 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 12 September 2017 - 18:15

any PLi skins

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #7 reg

• 62 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 September 2017 - 18:26

I only see the local services, even with these skins.

Do I have to do anything special besides what's mentioned at https://wiki.openpli..._Fallback_Tuner (section "How to active the remote fallback tuner")?

Appreciate the help!

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #8 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 12 September 2017 - 21:43

Fallback doesn't import bouquets. You need to set up bouquets manually and the channels must exist on the server box.

To import bouquets from multiple locations you need to use RemoteChannelsStreamConvertor. This does not rely on fallback tuner at all and writes the stream URLs to the bouquets. But with time the bouquets go stale because they don't track the server box

Or ChannelsImporter plugin from OE-Alliance-Plugins, uses fallback. On boot it imports the bouquets, lamedb, and EPG from the server box. And it keep the channel list and EPG list fresh by reimporting every few hours (as selected in the plugin setup). Using this plugin the channels list is identical to the server box.

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2017 - 16:04

Fallback doesn't import bouquets. You need to set up bouquets manually and the channels must exist on the server box.

Which is easily solved: either

- copy the services files

or

- use the same "settings lists" on both receivers, which most people already do.

BTW only the client receiver needs to have bouquets. Actually it doesn't, you can even zap from the "all services" bouquet quite well.

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #10 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2017 - 16:28

Yep... I was thinking about this to add this on the code, but you need to add a user id and password to get access to the settings of the server box

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2017 - 17:29

The only challenge you have is if you have a hybrid situation. For example, my test box has a single DVB-S tuner (connected to a single LNB) and a DVB-T tuner, but I want to pull the orbitals from my main dish in via the fallback tuner.

In this case you have to do some clever merging, which is a bit more work then simply read box A, write box B...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #12 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2017 - 18:47

Littlesat this is already done in the plugin I mentioned. When you set up the plugin there are configtext fields for ftp username and password. Ftp is used for copying the bouquets and epg.

OpenViX image has similar embeded directly in the image. When enabled the local tuners are disabled and the box becomes a streaming client.

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #13 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2017 - 18:58

@wanwizard I would suggest set the box up with bouquets for your local tuners and impprt the other bouquets from your streaming servrr with RCSC. RCSC handles the merge into lamedb fine.

That reminds me... need to check how RCSC handles multistream services. Probably badly.

Edited by Huevos, 13 September 2017 - 18:59.

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:04

I prefer to use the fallback tuner, and not bouquets with direct streaming links.

I swap boxes and connections a lot, so the number and type of tuners available and connected will vary. With a fallback setup I can give them all the same config (i.e. use a single backup to give the box a config after flashing it), and have working channels.

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #15 reg

• 62 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 September 2017 - 18:58

Thanks guys, it works beautifully now.

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #16 isabido

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:37

Hi guys, it is necessary to install CAM on the client side that is running with fallback. Thanks in advanced!

Re: Remote tuner fallback channel list #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 28 January 2020 - 12:03

No.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users