5 replies to this topic

#1 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 25 September 2017 - 15:10

Make EPGimport non case-sensitive

With the current version of EPGimport the channel-id used is case sensitive, so for EPGimport: France2.fr or FRANCE2.fr as channel-id is not the same.

Could this be made case insensitive on the channel-id? 

I never assigned knowingly a EPGref which differed just on the case.  So making it case independent should only improve things.

I remember searching for hours on a channel which did not have EPG, and it should, only to discover one letter was in a different case.

About the implementation:

You have to realize there are 2 importers in the plug-in.  One in python for the non-patched images, And one written in C++ for the patched images like OpenPLi.

You have to adapt both.

Or you maybe can get away with converting the case to let say lowercase of the <channel id="ESPN2.us"> tag in the channels file and XMLTV files and the channel="Cine12.mu" tag in the XMLTV file before you pass on the files to the actual importer, which can be either one.

I think this is however not the road we should take.  But maybe it is the easy way out.

Willy

Again thanks to Pr2

Edited by doglover, 27 September 2017 - 08:42.

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPGImport "improvement - No2" - case insensitive #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 26 September 2017 - 13:32

Make EPGimport non case-sensitive on the channel id xml tag.

Today the channel id xml tag is used to match the service reference of a channel with the EPG data to import, so this field use often  "the channel name" as identifier and it is managed by Doglover.

But today this channel id field is case sensitive, meaning that if in the "custom.channels.xml" we defined:   "tf1.fr" and in the Rytec EPG data it is defined as "TF1.fr" this won't match and then EPG Data won't be loaded.

There is no real standard defined by Doglover for the channel id name creation so sometimes we can have "DiscoveryChannel.uk" and for another one we can have "discoveryfamily.uk" (those are not real examples).

Anyway, the current "channel id" is already unique independently from the case (discussed with Doglover) so this won't break anything, this will also ease Doglover life when maintaining the EPG data and channels.xml files, since a case mistake in the channel id tag (which is sometime hard to see) won't be a problem anymore.

Would be really nice if EPGimport can ignore the case when matching the "channel id" field, this will ease to automate the custom.channels.xml creation by script or by plugin, and who knows, perhaps to automate later on the full rytec.channels.xml file creation based on the channel name (lamedb) (perhaps by using the same idea as the picon by name).

Pr2

P.S.: This idea was already discussed with Doglover so he already agrees on the idea.

Edited by Pr2, 26 September 2017 - 13:33.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: EPGImport "improvement - No2" - case insensitive #3 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 26 September 2017 - 14:04

I may be mistaken.....

AFAIK, receiver does not look at "France2.fr" or "FRANCE2.fr", it just looks at the service reference.

Surely the issues is at download server end, not on receiver? If there is a mismatch, the EPG is not assigned to the service reference during the grab.

If you can post a link to the files that do the importing, maybe someone can have a look.

Re: EPGImport "improvement - No2" - case insensitive #4 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 26 September 2017 - 14:56

The EPG is linked to a service ref by the channels file:

Example:

<!-- FR/BE --><!-- 5.0W --><channel id="France2.fr">1:0:1:12D:4F4C:55F:DDE0000:0:0:0:</channel><!-- FRANCE 2 HD -->

In the XMLTV file the EPG is given as:

<channel id="France2.fr">
    <display-name lang="fr">France 2</display-name>
  </channel>

and

<programme start="20170926033000 +0200" stop="20170926035000 +0200" channel="France2.fr">
    <title lang="fr">L'étourdissement</title>
    <sub-title lang="fr">[Court métrage] .  (2015)</sub-title>
    <desc lang="fr">Après le décès accidentel d'un salarié, deux collègues se chargent d'annoncer la triste nouvelle à sa femme, mais les deux messagers se montrent maladroits
Gérard Pautonnier
Arthur Dupont
Philippe Duquesne
Pascale Arbillot
Nicolas Vaude
Eric Bougnon
Miglen Mirtchev
Féodor Atkine
Marie Berto</desc>
  </programme>

The <channel id= and channel= tags are now case sensitive.  It is proposed to make them case insensitive.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPGImport "improvement - No2" - case insensitive #5 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 26 September 2017 - 15:41

There is no real standard defined by Doglover for the channel id name creation so sometimes we can have "DiscoveryChannel.uk" and for another one we can have "discoveryfamily.uk" (those are not real examples).

On everything changed or added the last 3 years, I try to stick to the full name of the channel.  But a lot of the "alternate names" originate from the begin times of EPGimport, when it was more important to get it working, than make it transparant.

Changing these looks simple enough, but involve a bit more than just changing the name.  The channels file has to be changed also.  It has to be downloaded by the users etc...

This channels file is only downloaded once a day.  I get then questions, you did not change it.  I do not see any change....  Because they forgot to restart their receiver.

And once in a while the channels file got stuck and refuses to download.  Solution again restarting the receiver.

Al reasons why I try to do as little as possible edits of the channel file.

Willy

Edited by doglover, 26 September 2017 - 15:41.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPGImport "improvement - No2" - case insensitive #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2018 - 21:10

Hi,

Done here:

https://github.com/O...70b261f6253ba5d

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users