Photo

Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3)

glamourskins FHD skin Glamour Aura FHD

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#1 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 17 November 2017 - 13:09

With great pleasure, I finally present publicly my latest project, which is none other than my new skin called Glamour Aura FHD. It's a labor of more than a year in the making and testing!
Glamour Aura FHD (GAFHD) is a Full High Definition and High graphic resolution skin for receivers running Enigma2 and the recent OpenPLI/OpenPLI-based images.

Due to it's high resolution graphical nature, GAFHD was designed and optimized to run on new generation receivers. The minimal requirement is an STB with a CPU of 750 Mhz (2000 DMIPS).

GAFHD is also a skin you can contribute to. The ipk of the skin is distributed with closed converters/renderers, but all the python code along with the skin code is available on Github.
You can find the source code here: https://github.com/MCelliotG/GlamourAuraFHD-skin
You can pull your requests, make recipes for it and I will push contributions after testing.

GAFHD on par with its graphical user interface is fortified with an extended python system that runs along with OpenPLI's enviroment, providing it with some exclusive new features.

SCREENSHOTS and extended features presentation
1. Main Infobar
The main infobar is divided into two sections. The top section contains all frequency and signal info. GAFHD is the first skin that fully supports real-time info for Multistream services, showing MIS info when such a service is tuned. Up to 12 tuners can also be displayed. The left top part is a weather panel which shows today's weather. Weather info requires the MSN weather plugin to be installed and configured (instructions will follow).
Attached File  misinfo.jpg   156.74KB   215 downloads

The top infobar will also display full stream URL and stream type when a service is stream.

The lower section is the main infobar which contains along with the program info, an extended service info icons panel, including icons for audio/video codecs, a full exact framerate display, and a short weather panel which shows the current weather condition. GAFHD can also display a live bitrate if the bitrate plugin is installed and configured (this will be explained below as well).
Attached File  infobar.jpg   144.67KB   186 downloads
The lowest part of the main infobar is the extended encryption info. GAFHD uses a new detection feature which shows all available caids and encryption system names of a service.
Attached File  caids.jpg   143.29KB   142 downloads
NOTE: The skin works best with 400X240 picon size.
2. Second infobar
The second infobar brings an amplitude of extra information for both the service and the system layout. The weather panel shows additional info on tomorrows weather.
Attached File  2ndinfobar.jpg   231.47KB   139 downloads
The left panel is the layout info showing real time CPU work, temperature, speed and load and internal HDD temperature. The upper layers show the pids of the service in decimal format and also real time info on connected storage devices, memory and swap.The middle part displays now and next program extended description.

3. Channel selection screens
Channel selection along with the service list on the right displays the extended program description on the left, the five following events and also a new transponder info panel which also shows the stream type and stream url on a stream service and transponder info for the rest.
Attached File  channelselection1.jpg   135.46KB   132 downloads
Attached File  channelselection2.jpg   199KB   97 downloads

4. Media player infobar
Media player will additionally show icons for resolution, audio/video codecs, subtitle availability and the exact framerate of a video or stream.
Attached File  mediaplayer.jpg   117.76KB   91 downloads

5. Info screen
Info screen along with the usual info also displays the HDD storage panel, which shows connected devices space both internal and network HDD and USB. The storage panel is also available on the HDD screens.
Attached File  infoscreen.jpg   98.67KB   88 downloads

6. Language selection
GAFHD is a truly multilingual skin. It utilizes the new Aura new font I created based on Roboto and Noto fonts the skin is able to show Greek, Cyrillic, Arabic and Georgian among others. More alphabets can be added by request.
Attached File  language selection.jpg   75.03KB   84 downloads

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Download the ipk of the file. Send the file to /tmp your receiver using an FTP program. Then you can install it manually via telnet or via the software manager.
Manually:

opkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-skins-glamouraurafhd_RC.3_all.ipk

2) FOR BITRATE INFO
The bitrate plugin is essential for bitrate to work. You can download it from the plugins menu. For correct display in the skin it needs to be configured as follows:

mode: as infobar,

style skin: compact, 

background window: transparent-black,

X screen position: 1645, 

Y screen position: 0837, 

Z screen position: 14.

The correct settings are also shown in the screencap below:
Attached File  bitratesetup.jpg   80.44KB   76 downloads

3) FOR WEATHER INFO
The weather info requires the msn weather plugin to be installed. I have included the ipk as well. After installation you can configure your location via its settings menu.
Download MSN weather plugin from here: https://mega.nz/#!bN...3KOsUKNOg87-0sk

NOTE: For IPTV streams serviceapp is highly recommended with this skin.
IMPORTANT NOTE: As stated above, GAFHD is designed to work well ONLY for receivers with a CPU higher than 750Mhz. This is an obligatory limitation due to the high resolution graphical nature of the skin which also makes the package large in size. For receivers with slower CPUs use at your own risk! Also, GAFHD for the moment will not work on any other images (such as OE-A) than OpenPLI and OpenPLI-based images (like SatDreamGr, etc).

DOWNLOAD THE GAFHD SKIN IPK HERE:
https://mega.nz/#!KQ...yVe-4jfMzgDQ6mE

I want to personally thank my beta testers for their feedback. I encourage developers to contribute to the skin's further development in github.
I really hope you enjoy my work.

Edited by MCelliotG, 17 November 2017 - 13:12.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2017 - 13:14

Look good!

Let us know if you want to add it to the feeds, so users don't have to install manual IPK's anymore.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #3 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 17 November 2017 - 13:18

Thank you!!! Of course, that's the idea and this is what's Github is for! :P

But please, first you can test it and certainly contribute to its development, we had only 6 receivers for testing, so any recommendation and update will be highly appreciated.

After that I can make a finalized version (this is RC3 at this stage).

Edited by MCelliotG, 17 November 2017 - 13:19.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #4 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 17 November 2017 - 14:43

Two videos showing the usage of the skin in real-time (SF4008 receiver with SDG5.0).

1. ATSC and American C and Ku band satellite usage

2. Multistream and 4K channels in Europe

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2017 - 19:02

Thank you!!! Of course, that's the idea and this is what's Github is for! :P

Cool, just let us know when you're ready!

But please, first you can test it and certainly contribute to its development, we had only 6 receivers for testing, so any recommendation and update will be highly appreciated.

Personally I can't at the moment there's 600km between me and my boxes. ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #6 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 18 November 2017 - 00:04

Yes, github is ready!!! :)

Let's hope it will catch on!

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #7 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:00

Really nice, but a pity this skin needs so many (embedded) plugins.

Edited by Rob van der Does, 18 November 2017 - 05:05.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #8 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:10

Having said that: maybe some are worth being added to the default Enigma2 setup? Like e.g. the AudioInfo.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:18

Ping Littlesat and see what can be done. I'll wait with adding a recipe for the skin until I get the go-ahead.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #10 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:27

Rob, I really had to make certain choices. The skin can work without bitrate and weather info but I had to rely on third party plugins because I wanted that extra functionality. For bitrate infos in skins, this has been discussed before here, there has to be a standalone converter made to allow the use of individual values on the skin, anywhere a skinner likes them on screen, all or some of these. The old bitrate converter that relied on so files was deprecated so this is the only workaround I could think of.

Besides, I'm really old at Enigma2 as an end-user, and old at skinning. This may be my first really public project, but I've been making skins since 2009.

And this is where my biggest issue lies, I can work Photoshop like the palm of my hand but in no way I am a coder. Everything I modded and created in python I learned alone with hours of testing and patience. But it's a big dilemma on what to do when you really need your skin to display certain functions, you either have to nag to the developpers of any image (I'm simply not that person) to add this functionality or limit yourself to what is already offered.

This is also one of the reasons why I have everything open source, to help and be helped. If anything the skin uses is useful, I'll be content to know I helped with my inexistent coding knowledge to the E2 community.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:56

There is a middleground.

Discuss your needs with the developers, see if they are seeing the benefits of it. And if so, if they are willing to help you code it, or accept your code in a pull request so it's added to Enigma.

I agree with Rob that perhaps some of them are generic enough to be added, so they can be added to other skins too.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #12 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 18 November 2017 - 13:08

Anything you like is there now in the open. Most of the python besides is standalone to be used in other skins too.

Thank you for the open invitation to discuss new functions. I'll see to it in the near future.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #13 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 18 November 2017 - 13:54

IMHO the AudioInfo/AudioPicon is worth embedding. That way all skins could use it.
But I think things like weatherinfo are not good for general usage; that should remain a plugin (to prevent an embedded Xmas tree effect).

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #14 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 18 November 2017 - 14:32

I'm really curious to see how my skin goes in Vu+ 4K receivers, we didn't have these on our tests, I'm sure their hardware is more than enough to run the skin smoothly.

So far we tested on these boxes:

Osmini/Osmini+/Osmega

Zgemma H7S/H52S (I'm pretty sure it should perform the same on all STBs with the same hardware like HD51 etc)

Octagon SF4008 (most of the tests were carried on SF4008)

Vu+ Solo2/Vu+ Duo2

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #15 cobus

• 4,747 posts

+69
Good

Posted 18 November 2017 - 16:57

Here with the vu uno 4k it works OK only thing I don't like are the moving titles in the skin they are not move smooth. Sorry for my bad English.

Groetjes Cobus R

VU+ UNO 4K SE FBC DVB-C (8x) LCD4linux met Samsung SPF 75H

MUTANT HD66SE FBC DVB-C (3x)

MAXYTEC MULTIBOX COMBO

MUTANT HD60 DVB-S

Ziggo (digitaal) Kabel TV (FTV) op alle decoders met oa fallback tuner

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #16 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 18 November 2017 - 17:13

For the weather stuff it would best to have an infobar instantuiate screen in the plugin... that can be shown together with everey skin when it exists.... but then we also need an infobar instantiate functionality in infobar genetics... the same can be done for bitrate... can someone show me if the audio info stuff is already somewhere on github?
I was thinking about these infobar instantiate plugin screens for longer time... but never made it because I need help from the plugin creators...

Edited by littlesat, 18 November 2017 - 17:17.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #17 catastrofus

• 3,440 posts

+43
Good

Posted 18 November 2017 - 18:21

Works ok on an et10k running PLi6.

I'm really curious to see how my skin goes in Vu+ 4K receivers, we didn't have these on our tests, I'm sure their hardware is more than enough to run the skin smoothly.

So far we tested on these boxes:

Osmini/Osmini+/Osmega

Zgemma H7S/H52S (I'm pretty sure it should perform the same on all STBs with the same hardware like HD51 etc)

Octagon SF4008 (most of the tests were carried on SF4008)

Vu+ Solo2/Vu+ Duo2

2 x ultimo4k (dvb-c fbc + 1 dvb-s2, 8.3r/nb) + een et10k/osmini (geen tuners en dus fallbackclient, nb) met een Synology ds214+ (2 x 6 TB) op DSM 7.1.1 in ziggo oost (voormalig @Home) + A1/A2/A3/HB (TechniSat)

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #18 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 18 November 2017 - 18:48

The weather info was also a hard decision. I ended up using the MSNweatherinfo2 base by Sirius, as the ones by Dr Best stated an exclusiveleness to Dreambox machines (this is also a point of discussion). I agree this could be a full extra sceen. Bitrate can be made into a standalone converter like the previous one that used .so files.

GlamAudioInfo and GlamAudiopicon sources are both in my github, I modded them quite a bit and added more audio types. They work great and fast.

Video codecs can also be represented as icons, I made the necessary changes in GlamourBase converter.

Generally there are lots of staff that will be useful for skinners to be given as an option to display as text or as icon. For instance, so far the tuner string A, B, C etc (which I'd love to implement) is a static text which produces only grey, yellow and green colors. This is nice but limiting to what skinners are offered. If you want to represent these as icons you currently cannot. This is why I relied on the older representations.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #19 audi06_19

• 26 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:34

Dm 900 ok

1_0_19_6_A5_7_42_1_A40000_0_0_0.jpg

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #20 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:45

Can we have the Converters and Renderers in .py 'source' code....?

Edited by littlesat, 21 November 2017 - 11:47.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users