Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 cenko

• 91 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 November 2017 - 18:49

Releasenotes-6.1 say "Quad PiP for VU+ Solo 4k and Ultimo 4k receivers"

Is there any news about Quad PIP for Vu +uno 4k with OpenPli 6.1?

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 29 November 2017 - 19:16

I know quadpip works on the uno4kse, so I think there is a great chance it will also work on the uno4k (which has the same SoC).

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #3 cenko

• 91 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 November 2017 - 19:04

Thanks, I just tried QUAD PIP and it works perfect on uno 4K.

Quad PIP is good and now the time is for Fast Channel Change.

Edited by cenko, 30 November 2017 - 19:05.

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 November 2017 - 19:08

Quad PIP is good and now the time is for Fast Channel Change.

Ah, that's nice! A volunteer to implement it! When will you start?

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #5 cenko

• 91 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 November 2017 - 19:20

If you tell me how, I can try.

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #6 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 November 2017 - 19:24

Step 1, fetch the source of VU+ "dvbapp" (which is their version of enigma). They have the FCC code in it. Step 2, find the relevant commits where they added the code. Step 3, compare that the source of enigma2 (which is not really the same as dvbapp) and decide how to implement that into enigma2, in a good (!) way. There is 0 documentation available. Good luck!

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #7 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 30 November 2017 - 19:52

Fcc is only suitable for fta...
When you need CI or have a card that likes to go in a punishment mode when you asked to much from it, it makers no sense... then better wait less a sec while zapping....

FCC from vu it is a big patch... with not much real profit... I think... and when you want to have it for sat you also need unicable or jess to get some profit...

In fact with quadpip we have the same issue. 4 tuners tuning together killing the card or reduced functionality due to CI...

Edited by littlesat, 30 November 2017 - 20:00.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #8 cenko

• 91 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 November 2017 - 20:04

When I tried FCC, I realy enjoyed it. 

It was good not only for fta but for all channels. 

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 November 2017 - 20:07

But then apparently you don't have a rate limited subscription card. And also little clue how much work it is to implement it.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 30 November 2017 - 20:51.

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #10 cenko

• 91 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 November 2017 - 20:27

Thank you for the explanation.

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #11 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2017 - 11:26

When I tried FCC, I realy enjoyed it. 

It was good not only for fta but for all channels.

I've heard the same from many users.

But then apparently you don't have a rate limited subscription card.

AFAIK only the Dutch/Belgium cards have this issue. And the PLi-audience is really much broader than those two small countries.

And also little clue how much work it is to implement it.

That's a different story.

VU has a famous track-record of implementing stuff in E2 (including working around driver bugs) that only works/is needed for VU

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #12 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2017 - 11:57

[sorry somehow quote did not work]

I've heard the same from many users.

->

But what will it really bring these many users? 

AFAIK only the Dutch/Belgium cards have this issue. And the PLi-audience is really much broader than those two small countries.

->

In most countries they start mandatory need of a CI(+) module... which even more limeted. And there are inbetween more providers 'having' this...All thanks to the 'professional' card servers...

That's a different story.

VU has a famous track-record of implementing stuff in E2 (including working around driver bugs) that only works/is needed for VU

->

The patch from VU is in this case huge. It also arranges access to the setting list on a 'wierd' matter. When accepted it needs a complete overwrite... In addition it always occupied x-tuners also when you watch TV in a normal matter. Actually you always tune and decode e.g. 4 channels at once. This is extra power consumption. There is no kind of 'timeout' implemented yet that stops FCC when it is not really needed. For SAT you also need JESS or Unicable. Without it the FCC is already limited. For cable (or DVB-T) it might be fine... when you are a quick zapper.... For now I stop defending that I do not want to put my energy into this feature...

And of course when someone creates a good smooth clear and structured merge request it can be accepted... OpenPLi is open source.... So someone can go-ahead and always asked us how it can/should be made....

Edited by littlesat, 1 December 2017 - 12:02.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #13 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2017 - 12:05

For now I stop defending that I do not want to put my energy into this feature...

No need to defend that; the amount of work, and indeed the kind of patch, fully warrants not implementing this. I thought to have made that clear in my previous post.

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #14 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2017 - 13:23

Then we agree....

And in between still hope that someone makes a more cleaner 'patch'.... So the FCC 'lovers' get their needs..... ;)

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #15 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2017 - 13:43

Hi,

The limitation is not exclusive to the countries you mention, the limitation is also applicable in France (will you also call it a small country?).

And this limitation is now embedded in any modern smartcard (Nagra, Viaccess I am sure this is implemented) operators are swapping the smartcards to enable those ECM limitations.

By the way, I really wonder what benefits you will have with the milli-seconds that you will "win" by having FCC implemented. Will this really change your life to get the image a few msec faster?

FCC is just a commercial term for a useless feature.

Pr2

Edited by Pr2, 1 December 2017 - 13:45.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #16 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2017 - 13:46

Nagra, Viaccess + Irdeto (Greece)

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #17 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2017 - 15:30

Three notes:

- Most of the time the delay waiting for a tuner lock is quite small compared to the waiting for a suitable intra frame + waiting for the descrambling to commence, so it will only be really interesting for FTA channels
- FCC requires an FBC tuner set that can receive multiple services at the same time. For many users, not using SCR, only two tuners will be available, limiting the use
- Last but not least, the FBC tuner has up to eight virtual tuners, in some cases you can indeed receiver eight services at at time (e.g. using SCR), but there is still only 0-3 video decoders. AFAIK they can't be shuffled around randomly, decoder 1 can only be used for PiP and decoder 2-3 only for QuadPiP. So that means one will always have to wait for the decoder having received the first intra frame AND the audio and video being synchronuous, which may take up to two seconds.

So my opintion is that I am not against implementing it, but it is, with the information we have, far too much work compared to what it yields.

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #18 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2017 - 16:42

Two notes:

-

-

-

That's three notes :)

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #19 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2017 - 16:53

Applause you can count ;)

Re: Quad PIP and Vu +uno 4k #20 cenko

• 91 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 December 2017 - 13:36

I am very happy using the Quad PIP. However, when I use it, I can hear sounds for the top two channels, but no sound for the buttom two.

I this just for Uno 4K or in general?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users