Photo

vu+ zero: streaming from openwebif doesn't start!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ubidubo

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 March 2018 - 18:15

Hi guys,

I have a vu+ zero since two month with openpli 6.1 ... I have a problem... when I go to the openwebif by my notebook (chrome)  the streaming of noone channels start!!! I open the m3u file with VLC media player.. but it doesn't works!!!

why?? the decoder is ON and on that channel on tv...  but nothing....!!??

can someone help me? thanks a lot..

Re: vu+ zero: streaming from openwebif doesn't start! #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 25 March 2018 - 18:21

You mean a chromebook?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: vu+ zero: streaming from openwebif doesn't start! #3 ubidubo

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 March 2018 - 18:26

no, I have a dell xps 13 ... windows 10.... the browser used is chrome to download the m3u file from openwebif.. I open the m3u file with VLC media player.. 

Edited by ubidubo, 25 March 2018 - 18:28.

Re: vu+ zero: streaming from openwebif doesn't start! #4 ubidubo

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 March 2018 - 20:20

I Have resolved it!!! vu+ zero need the plugin "PAU"  ;)  after you install it the straming by openwebif is ok!!!!!

Re: vu+ zero: streaming from openwebif doesn't start! #5 abra

• 115 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 May 2019 - 22:30

After installing pau it works indeed in the local network! Is there anything else to be set in the openpli image (have the version 7.0 on vu+ zero) to access the channels over webif also from the internet (the necessary port forwarding is already set in the router)?

Re: vu+ zero: streaming from openwebif doesn't start! #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 6 May 2019 - 01:40

Port forwarding is a bad idea, your box is not a security device that should be exposed on the internet. Use a VPN instead.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: vu+ zero: streaming from openwebif doesn't start! #7 abra

• 115 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 May 2019 - 08:28

I think my router has a vpn option, I will take a look.

But how would exactly then the access work after connecting from outside via vpn to my home network? Would I have to enter the "local" IP address of my box into the browser, like 192.168.xxx.xxx ? Is there some "how to" link available?

Re: vu+ zero: streaming from openwebif doesn't start! #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 6 May 2019 - 11:08

If you have a VPN active, your remote device will get an IP from your routers DHCP server, in the local home network. So yes, you would access the box just like you would when you are at home.

Re: vu+ zero: streaming from openwebif doesn't start! #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 6 May 2019 - 11:19

You have a setup available on the wiki:

https://wiki.openpli.org/OpenVPN-Setup

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: vu+ zero: streaming from openwebif doesn't start! #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 6 May 2019 - 11:27

In case you need to run it on the box. But ideally you use the VPN service available on your internet router. ;)

Re: vu+ zero: streaming from openwebif doesn't start! #11 abra

• 115 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 May 2019 - 14:18

Ok, thx for the information.

One question about the webif settings: what is the "enable http authentication" needed for ? (I know that it has nothing to do with vpn)

Re: vu+ zero: streaming from openwebif doesn't start! #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 6 May 2019 - 14:26

Then you'll be prompted for your box username and password before you can access the web interface.

Which doesn't make it a lot more secure, as the webserver on the box, and the box itself, isn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users