Port Enigma 2 6.2 into an APK for android

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 3 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 Prvt_N00b

• 13 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 15 mei 2018 - 20:14

Team, 

since there are a tons of new android set top box with the capability of dual boot such as Dinobot, Anadol and soon to come Amiko A5, I wonder if it is possible to have a lite version of Enigma 2 build for these boxes to be used like an apk, right now Dinobot uses TVHeadend, but the version they are using is not that friendly...

I know everyone will think and feel why build this? but think about it..., under Enigma 2, you will never have netflix, or NBA Tv app, or MLB, or Terranium TV and hundreds of more apk that run perfectly under android.

what you all think about it???

...English is not my first language, so bear my bad english

Re: Port Enigma 2 6.2 into an APK for android #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6070 berichten

+257
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2018 - 09:08

Hi,

I think that are mixing up some stuff, you mention the dual boot capability of some android boxes, what does this means is that the box is capable to boot 2 totally different Operating System, you will have a menu at boot where you select either to boot on Android either to boot on Linux.

So you don't need an .APK to run on Android to run enigma2 on top of Android but you need to have an image file that you can boot on the second boot partition of the system.

So you will still have to leave with 2 totally independent system, on one side Android on the other side the Enigma2 system.

Now to come back to your initial question it is the box manufacturer that needs to contact OpenPLi team to discuss with them what is technically possible and find an agreement. So you, as end-user, need to contact the manufacturer of those boxes and ask them to contact OpenPLi.

In between if you really want to watch TV on your Android box, you can use TVHeadEnd with Kodi.

But I saw that some other Enigma2 based image builders already provide images for one of the box you mention. (I didn't check them all).

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Port Enigma 2 6.2 into an APK for android #3 Prvt_N00b

• 13 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2018 - 16:15

yes, all the boxes I mentioned have the ability to boot either from android TV OS or Enigma 2 OpenATV, they were built to have 2 partition and also when the box is booting up you can chose which one you want, but this is not practical in my experience using PC's, I run Linux using a virtual machine so I don't lose whatever I'm doing on windows and so on, but watching a game live using E2 and then you want to keep up with your soap opera using terranium tv for example, you have to reboot everything and it takes a while for this and if your wife want something different then there it goes, reboot the box all over again, so in a day you are going to be rebooting your set top box like 75 times because you use, your kids use it and the wife too...

and I know there are options like TVHeadend and I have use it too, but between TVHeadend and Enigma 2, Enigma wins by far, it is faster and handle all your needs pretty well, no stress at all.

so I bringing this topic to the table because the amount of android boxes with DVB-S/s2/t/t2 tuners are increasing and providing a lot more options than any enigma 2 set top box which If I look back in history Enigma 2 is very old and need to evolve to something more recent and for me the integration of Enigma into android is or would be the nature path to keep the scene going on for the future...

just my opinion...

Re: Port Enigma 2 6.2 into an APK for android #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6070 berichten

+257
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2018 - 17:06

Feel free to start developing your project.

About tvheadend that's why I mention to you to use it with Kodi.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers