Recording Access Issue

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 9 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 Wizard1

• 125 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 23 mei 2018 - 21:43

Hi Guys

I've noticed a problem with my Vu+Duo2 when trying to access any of my recordings on my internal Hard Disk. This only started happening when I updated to Openpli 6.1. It happened a few times, but today I updated to 6.2 & its also happening with this image version.

If I have one or even two recordings taking place, I press my list button to access my recordings & the spinner will start (Top Left Hand corner) & my recording will very slowly start to list. This can take up to 20 minutes. The receiver doesn't crash, therefore No crash log is created. The only other way to get around this is to switch the receiver off, then back on again. But this then spoils my new recordings. Has anyone else experienced this ?

Regards

Wizard

Re: Recording Access Issue #2 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7185 berichten

+323
Excellent

Geplaatst op 23 mei 2018 - 22:51

Maybe your harddisk has some bad blocks and start to fail. Some weeks ago I copied from my old harddisk files to a new one. And there I recognized that copying some files was very slow. Only a few kB/s. In this case parallel running recordings were also affected.
Look at the smart values of your disk (especially relocated blocks and error rates) with smartctl.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Recording Access Issue #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 24 mei 2018 - 09:43

Hi,

Go into Expert Parameters, select Hard Disk Drive  and there you can start a HDD checkup.

Let it run and it will check and fix your HDD problems when possible.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Recording Access Issue #4 Wizard1

• 125 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 24 mei 2018 - 10:19

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info. I've just ran Filesystem check & there does appear to be a problem with the drive. I'm not sure how to install or run smartctl as my knowledge of Linux is limited. I am familiar with ftp & Telnet. If you could give this novice some basic instructions, I would appreciate it.

What I thought of doing is to remove the drive, insert into my laptop, run HDD Regenerator via my Hirons boot disk. I've had some success with this in the past. Would this work ?

Regards

Wizard

Re: Recording Access Issue #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 24 mei 2018 - 11:55

Hi,

If you run the filesystem check and it find errors normally it should have fixed them. If you run it again you will see that problems are solved.

Except if you got an error claiming that it is not possible and that it needs to be run manually.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Recording Access Issue #6 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7185 berichten

+323
Excellent

Geplaatst op 24 mei 2018 - 12:02

Goto telnet and execute
opkg update
opkg install smartmontools

Then you need to know the harddisk device. You can see it when you execute mount in Telnet. To show the smart values execute then
smartctl -a /dev/<device>
So eg
smartctl -a /dev/sda

Veranderd door betacentauri, 24 mei 2018 - 12:03

Re: Recording Access Issue #7 Wizard1

• 125 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 24 mei 2018 - 14:00

Thanks Guys, I'll check later when I get home.

Regards

Wizard

Re: Recording Access Issue #8 ColinB

• 743 berichten

+28
Good

Geplaatst op 26 mei 2018 - 09:18

Goto telnet and execute
opkg update
opkg install smartmontools

Then you need to know the harddisk device. You can see it when you execute mount in Telnet. To show the smart values execute then
smartctl -a /dev/<device>
So eg
smartctl -a /dev/sda

Many thanks been looking for this for ages.

Xtrend et8000 7.1-Release

2 x 8/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 23e 28e   

Astrometa USB Tuner Working DVB-T2 now on Kernel 4.10+  ;)

WD10EARX 1TB

Sandisk 32GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

ZGemma Star S 7.0-Release

4/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 28e

Sandisk 8GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: Recording Access Issue #9 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7185 berichten

+323
Excellent

Geplaatst op 26 mei 2018 - 10:23

One thing. Smart values CAN show problems with your harddisk. But I had a defective hdd(long time ago) which showed perfect smart values. So even when smart values are ok your disk might fail in near future.

Re: Recording Access Issue #10 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46951 berichten

+541
Excellent

Geplaatst op 8 juni 2018 - 14:47

No don't trust SMART "health values". SMART IS useful though, for the short and long selftest, which one should schedule periodically. Also if SMART says "relocated sectors" or worse "pending sectors" you know for sure that your harddisk is at it's end.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers