Playing a URL link on my OpenPLI device

play link youtube

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 6 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 murphys_law

• 5 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 24 mei 2018 - 02:46

This may be a silly question, but I have yet to find an answer.

While using my computer, I find a cool link in my email or using my browser. I copy the link.

How do I now open that link on my OpenPLI 6? I have an OpenWebif but there is no way to paste a link. I haven't found a plugin that will allow me to paste a link. The VLC DLNA stuff doesn't work. Do I need to SSH into my box and run some command line?

Thanks for any pointers!

Veranderd door murphys_law, 24 mei 2018 - 02:50

Re: Playing a URL link on my OpenPLI device #2 pcd

• 759 berichten

+88
Good

Geplaatst op 24 mei 2018 - 12:13

What does your 'cool' link provide ? Text, music, video ?

Veranderd door pcd, 24 mei 2018 - 12:13

Re: Playing a URL link on my OpenPLI device #3 s3n0

• 640 berichten

+62
Good

Geplaatst op 25 mei 2018 - 17:09

Why just the SSH connection ? Telnet connection is also sufficient if you want to connect to a Shell (command-line) like a terminal.

If you mean online TV (IPTV), then what you need is an FTP connection, that is, if you want to manually edit userbouquet files (lists with usable channels or so-called services). Userbuquet files as well as basic configuration files for Enigma can be found in the set top box: /etc/enigma2. I previously recommended to back up the folder with the userbouquet files.

You mention URLs with multimedia content. You have to say exactly what is happening. Some servers, such as YouTube, may have their content protected (due to an ad delivery), and for example, there is a plug-in specifically for YouTube playback (including YT video search). So it depends also on the type of server hosting the required multimedia files.

You need to write more details.

Veranderd door s3n0, 25 mei 2018 - 17:09

Re: Playing a URL link on my OpenPLI device #4 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1635 berichten

+61
Good

Geplaatst op 25 mei 2018 - 20:04

Even Html is no problem, but the PLI needs more tuning. (What is not very difficult)

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: Playing a URL link on my OpenPLI device #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 26 mei 2018 - 12:14

If you a valid link that play directly into for exemple VLC on your PC you can insert it in your channel list.

The easiest way to do it is to use a third party tools that allow you to manage your channel list on PC.

Like DreamboxEdit or e-Channelizer

They have an option that will allows you to properly insert an URL as a normal channel list in a bouquet.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Playing a URL link on my OpenPLI device #6 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14042 berichten

+298
Excellent

Geplaatst op 27 mei 2018 - 18:37

In the beta version, you can use a simple URL as a service reference anywhere. Just put the plain URL (no special encoding, no "4097:..." prefix) where you'd put the funky number sequence and it'll work in the service list, for example it would look like this:

#SERVICE http://my.streamserver.org/mystream.mp3?quality=good My Stream
This also works any place where a string is converted into serviceref in code. So you can also pass a plain URL to the webinterface's "play this service" without encoding.

Veranderd door MiLo, 27 mei 2018 - 18:38

Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Playing a URL link on my OpenPLI device #7 murphys_law

• 5 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 30 mei 2018 - 03:28

Thanks everyone for the replies, I was away for a bit after my Vu+ crashed so had to do a complete reinstall. Backups are enabled this time around :).

As for the link content, I was thinking along the lines of a movie file, something like a youtube video, a link to an actual file, something like that.

I guess you've answered my question when you say this is present in the Beta version, Milo. Many thanks for the tip and hope to see it soon in mainline. Not going to run Beta anytime soon after trying to fix my box for two days :) .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: play, link, youtube

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers