Two problems with VU+ Uno 4K SE

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Green77

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:29

Hello all!

I just buy a new VU+ Uno 4K SE and have two questions regarding EPG and signal.

EPG: I have a MiracleBox TWIN+ with OpenPli. When press the EPG I see a nice EPG view with all channels (I only have 16 @ DVB-C)
     And it's easy to move to next day only holding the right arrow.
     With the VU+ with latest OpenPli i only get info on the program i watch when pressing EPG. Then I have to press "BLUE" to see all
     channels. And still I only see one program per channel. Not so nice overview as with the Miraclebox.
     Is that something with the box and not the EPG in OpenPli?

As for the signal i tested the lastest firmware from VU+ and "installed" my 16 channels. All worked ok with signal at 100%. With OpenPli
i have 2 channels toggle between 100% and 51% every seconde and make the picture jitter and not possible to watch.
Anyone see that before?

BR// Daniel

Re: Two problems with VU+ Uno 4K SE #2 _HarmeN

• 765 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:09

Change the epg button with hotkey to the epg view you prefer

Vu+ Ultimo 4K (OpenPLI-9.0) :: 1x DVB-C FBC :: ZIGGO

Vu+ Ultimo 4K (OpenPLI-9.0) :: 1x DVB-C FBC + 1x DVB-S2 FBC :: ZIGGO

Re: Two problems with VU+ Uno 4K SE #3 Green77

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:18

Thanks for answer. Ok, so i will try the hotkey.
BR Daniel

Re: Two problems with VU+ Uno 4K SE #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:20

Hi,

You probably had the GMEPG (Graphical Multi EPG) as default EPG on the MiracleBox.

For your signal problem, this depend on the tuner sensitivity which change between brands.

First question is:

- Have performed a scan for the channel from the VU+ tuner?

You say that you reinstall your 16 channels but this is probably good to scan the channels on the VU+ and I advice to enable Delete before scan. Your VU+ tuner will perhaps find slightly different parameters that will better works.

Or:

- You need to install an amplifier (signal is too weak and it happens that some cable provider decrease the signal strength on some frequencies)

- You need to install an attenuator (signal is too strong and the tuner is saturated and this can lead also to errors too)

Good question is in which case are you, I would like to say to first test an amplifier because this is probably the main cause of problem. When my cable provider starts switching to HD we had a very strong signal on the frequencies used for HD channels, then suddenly later on when it was officially available for everybody they decrease the signal strength and an amplifier become mandatory to receive the HD channels (no problem at all on SD channels without it). I am always wondering if it is not a way for them to "force" you to use there boxes so they came at home an install this amplifier.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Two problems with VU+ Uno 4K SE #5 Green77

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:22

Hello,

Thanks for the answers.

Is it possible to have the GMEPG as default? Like on the Miraclebox..I have no ide where to change that.

As for the signal, my bad since english is not my strong side...

I have a signal amplifier installed. When i flash the orginal Vu+ firmware and search my DVB-C network
i find 125 channels. I only subscribe 16 of those channels. Anyway with orginal VU+ firmware i have 100% signal
at all 16 channels. No problem with jitter or frezzes.

When i flash OpenPli (witch i like much better) i scan the network again, finds 125 channels and put thoose 16 in the favorite
list. Once again 2 channels have problem with signal...

Again, sorry for my english.

BR// Daniel

Re: Two problems with VU+ Uno 4K SE #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:44

Odd, since the software doesn't do anything with the signal or the signal quality.

As to the EPG: menu - Setup - System - Expert settings - hotkey. Change the user mode if you don't see it. 

In Hotkey, scroll down to "Epg/Guide". On the left it will say "Show single service EPG" which is the default. Press Ok, open "EPG", select "Graphical Multi EPG" and press ok. You see it will be added to the list on the left. Now press the yellow button. The focus will change to the list on the left. Select "Show single service EPG" and press Ok. This will remove it from the list. Now press green to save your changes.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Two problems with VU+ Uno 4K SE #7 Green77

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:52

Thanks for the info. Will try :)

BR Daniel

Re: Two problems with VU+ Uno 4K SE #8 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 26 June 2018 - 14:09

Odd, since the software doesn't do anything with the signal or the signal quality.

Different driver version?

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Two problems with VU+ Uno 4K SE #9 Green77

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 June 2018 - 15:58

Got the epg right anyway :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users