HDMI Audio Return Channel

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 4 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 mihu

• 10 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 10 juli 2018 - 12:55

Hello,

I am using an old school analog stereo amplifier. Due to crosstalk caused probably by a ground loop I can't connect analog audio output from my tv to the amp. This makes watching tv standalone (without dvb tuner) inconvenient. Would it be possible to use HDMI ARC to pass audio to the amp through the tuner?

My tuner is VU UNO which supports HDMI 1.4.

Regards,

Michał

Re: HDMI Audio Return Channel #2 Trial

• 1127 berichten

+34
Good

Geplaatst op 10 juli 2018 - 13:21

Hi, there are HDMI-Audio extractor on the market with which you can extract audio from a HDMI connection. ciao

Re: HDMI Audio Return Channel #3 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46951 berichten

+541
Excellent

Geplaatst op 10 juli 2018 - 18:44

Yes and they work BUT it degenerates the HDMI signal, so you need to use good/short cables.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: HDMI Audio Return Channel #4 mihu

• 10 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 12 juli 2018 - 10:54

Thanks for the tip, but I'm afraid this would not help if this is really the ground loop problem I suspect. Besides I wouldn't like to complicate my setup further, that's why I asked about the tuner, which could act like an audio router/converter. The question is whether the hardware is capable of delivering the hdmi audio return channel and if so whether this is exposed as a Linux system device.

Re: HDMI Audio Return Channel #5 Trial

• 1127 berichten

+34
Good

Geplaatst op 12 juli 2018 - 11:12

Hi, ARC is only designed for TV+sound system ciao

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers