Photo

Mut@nt HD530C

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 estimadarocha

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:46

I am dealing with some problems in this stb... the ethernet NIC seens to work fine with some routers/switches and in others even the command ethtool eth0 report the speed is at 100mbits full duplex i can't get more than 20/30 mbits.

To try to solve this i buy a UGREEN USB TO LAN with ASIX chipset... like i read in some other posts... but the problem is that i can't install it or see the driver on plugins.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Mut@nt HD530C #2 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 27 July 2018 - 15:07

It’s an low end receiver with a slow cpu. In some cases you can get better speed by stopping e2 (init 4 in Telnet). Well, that only makes sense when you only want to copy files from your box to another and not for streaming.

USB to LAN adapters have to be supported by the kernel. If that’s not the case, they are useless. And I don’t really think that you can get much better speed with such adapter.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Mut@nt HD530C #3 estimadarocha

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 July 2018 - 15:38

@betacentauri I did test the unit 4 and that's not the problem... The problem exist only when connected with some sort of devices... Because with same internal nick I can get 7-9MB/s without problems.

About the asix I read a lot of people reporting 20-30 MB/s that's in theory the maximum of USB 2.0 port of the stb.

Re: Mut@nt HD530C #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2018 - 12:07

It's actually not the CPU that's the bottleneck but the oversimply implementation of the NIC hardware (no scatter/gather DMA). This means the CPU will have to spend a lot of time on moving the data around, and if your CPU isn't that quick to start with, it will slow down transfers. It seems Broadcom has done a better job on ARM based STB's.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users