Recording IPTV

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 FelixF

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 August 2018 - 17:56

Hello,

I have a Vu+ Solo2 running OpenPli6.2, Oscam . No issue with recording satellite channels. Recording IPTV channels is weird : recording start, a few minutes later image freezes. Recording duration is not consistent.

Any idea ???

Tnx

Re: Recording IPTV #2 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 5 August 2018 - 18:06

No problem at all with all my dreamboxes (not that dreambox here somehow touched).
Recording IPTV works from any position, it's a fact! If it doesn't work for you, it's your problem. And the suspected reason is also known and many times negotiated. Use the search option and you will find the answer why this is so.

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: Recording IPTV #3 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 5 August 2018 - 18:59

Hi,

what kinf of IPTV? I think rtmp is still a problem. I think noone can say no problem with recording IPTV because there are so many variations.

ciao

Re: Recording IPTV #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 6 August 2018 - 09:37

Most IPTV providers allow only 1 connection at the same time and recording always use 2 connections even if you watch what you are recording.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Recording IPTV #5 Dimmie

• 2,338 posts

+33
Good

Posted 8 August 2018 - 18:11

Most IPTV providers allow only 1 connection at the same time and recording always use 2 connections even if you watch what you are recording.

You suggest that there are legal iptv providers that work on Vu+ Solo2 running OpenPli6.2 ?

Re: Recording IPTV #6 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 8 August 2018 - 20:50

Define what IPTV is illegal? Even if I know the answer, where does the boundary go?

Edited by zeros, 8 August 2018 - 20:53.

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: Recording IPTV #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2018 - 21:00

You suggest that there are legal iptv providers that work on Vu+ Solo2 running OpenPli6.2 ?

Most of the people asking this question are using illegal IPTV providers, so I gave a generic answer for those case.

Some channels are freely available on the Internet and using them is nothing illegal but they are not grouped into an integrated "IPTV services".

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Recording IPTV #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2018 - 23:03

IPTV is TV over IP, in other words broadcasted channels.

I still have to see the first broadcaster, public or not, that allows restreaming of their content. And all legal IPTV providers implement either smartcard or DRM protection on their streams to protect their content, allowing you to watch them on an Open Source box is the last thing they want (and allow you to).

There are triple-play providers that provided TV via IPTV on a seprate VLAN of their internet offering, but it's been years since I've seen one that still allows access to its streams unprotected, they know very well that if they do, they will be misused on a massive scale by illegal IPTV providers.

Providers are currently roling out security measures so they can take on these illegal providers, so I think we'll see news about court cases in the press in the near future. 

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Recording IPTV #9 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 9 August 2018 - 08:10

if I look at the latest Henk listings I downloaded from your site have hundreds of streaming channels in this list - and they're not all webcams. So all illegal ? I would think not.

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: Recording IPTV #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 9 August 2018 - 12:00

Every dog is an animal, but not every animal is a dog.

The same applies to streams, they are all audio and video over IP, using some protocol, some container, and some codec. IPTV is a subset, and refers specifically to regular TV channels broadcasted over IP. All the others are "streaming video", and it is very confusing to refer to those streams as IPTV, which leads to discussions like this.

If you then look at all streams, you'll find a lot of different categories, webcams are just one of them. Radio stations tend to have their live broadcasts streamed as well, TV stations in general don't, due to the restrictions they have from their content providers (which is the same reason you can't buy smartcards from providers in other countries), and due to the fear of re-broadcast or copy of material, especially when it is about HD or UHD material. This reason is also behind the fact that no box with a HDMI-out port provides anything over 720p and why HDCP was invented.

Enigma has full support for all these streams (depending on the version you run), the reason these "IPTV plugins" exist is because they contain code for authentication, which is not required for any public IP stream, only for illegal distribution (as there are no legal distributions that support either Enigma2 or Kodi or an Android box).

Having said this, a lot of stream providers, illegal or not, limit their resources to a single stream per IP to protect their resources.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Recording IPTV #11 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 9 August 2018 - 14:35

you're running around in circles without making a statement. the topic starter asked a question about recording IPTV streams in openPLI 6.2 with oscam - there's no indication that he's using some IPTV plugin (if he is then recording won't work indeed).

it would help if the topic starter told us which IPTV channels he's trying to record, and where he got the URL from.

everything else is guesswork at this point.

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: Recording IPTV #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 9 August 2018 - 18:04

You're not reading too.

Oscam is not related to the question, the question is "I can't record IPTV channels" and the answer to that is given days ago: recording a stream opens a second stream, and that either doesn't work at all (if the connection is limited server side) or it works randomly depending on the stream, the bandwidth, cooperation of the server, and the container and encoding used. There is no full IPTV support in OpenPLi, it's an STB, not a streaming box.

Re: Recording IPTV #13 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 9 August 2018 - 20:18

Recording of legal iptv streams does already work in openpli for years... when the server of the streams allows two separate streams to one single IP address

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Recording IPTV #14 vrondena

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 August 2018 - 20:08

convert your link to m3u, put it in the box and open it with iptv player- media, change from play to record as an option. it records perfectly.

Re: Recording IPTV #15 daif01

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:23

I have VU+DUO2 with openpli . I can record IPTV with no problem since many years thanks to developer of openpli. Now i want to upgrade my box , want to buy 4K enigma 2 box. It is important for me that the my new box support record of IPTV . The choice is between ultimo 4k , duo4k and DM920 or any other topp enigma 2box regardless of price . My question is how i shall be sure that my new box will be able to record iptv ? 

Re: Recording IPTV #16 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:54

DM920 is not supported here.
I don’t record IPTV, but afaik hisilicon based boxes partly don’t use gstreamer to playback IPTV. And afaik these solutions cannot record IPTV.
I’m not sure, but if you buy a hisilicon based box ask before users whether it works on this specific box.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Recording IPTV #17 daif01

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:05

DM920 is not supported here.
I don’t record IPTV, but afaik hisilicon based boxes partly don’t use gstreamer to playback IPTV. And afaik these solutions cannot record IPTV.
I’m not sure, but if you buy a hisilicon based box ask before users whether it works on this specific box.

Thank you very much for your reply. Very informative and helpful. I suppose that enigma2 boxes which have afaik hisilicon are cheaper variants. I will avoid them .If openpli not support DM , then DM is excluded from my choice .

Re: Recording IPTV #18 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,760 posts

+81
Good

Posted 23 November 2019 - 12:50

https://github.com/z...ilicon.cpp#L116

Does it really not work?
Or is there just something missing in the e2?

It is implemented from the libeplayer and that's the way it works.
Maybe there is only because of the conf as a depend 'gst dvb audio / video ...' still problems.
But these are just ideas, as always.

greetings

Re: Recording IPTV #19 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 23 November 2019 - 13:58

https://github.com/z...ilicon.cpp#L116
Record procedure does nothing. So from my point of view it’s not implemented.

It might be possible to install servicemp3 lib which uses gstreamer, but I don’t know whether it’s working or not and whether it has negative side effects.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Recording IPTV #20 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,760 posts

+81
Good

Posted 23 November 2019 - 14:26

https://github.com/z...98mv200.inc#L18

My intention was rather to remove this depend.

Hisi builds an image for ffmpeg based solution and vice versa but then these gst dependencies come back into the image.
But it's probably the wrong approach.

greetings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users