Crash report: find present channel

dm8000 Crash Green screen find present channel

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 arkovda

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 August 2018 - 13:25

Hi, this is not a big issue since it only happens in a special circumstance.

1. Update all the channels by doing a scan.

2. Some of the channels does not exist anymore, so I go to one of the channels and try to get a way to find what channel was on this row.

3. I find this "find present channel" and try to use it on the broken channel.

4. Enigma crashes with green screen.

The picture is slightly wrong since there should not be any channel showing while in the event. 

So there are more than one issue here but not very important.

1 How could we make this problem go away completely?

- Should there be some sort of automatic conversion from old channels to new (or are there something already that I'm not aware of)?

2 There is a problem when using "find present channel" since I could have been recording during this time.

Thanks in advance and for good work with openpli!

/Arkovda

Attached Files

Re: Crash report: find present channel #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 11 August 2018 - 13:35

Looks like you cannot find a channel that is not in lamedb... What kind of 'scan' did you perform... 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 49, in action
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ChannelSelection.py", line 427, in okbuttonClick
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ChannelSelection.py", line 644, in findCurrentlyPlayed
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ServiceList.py", line 148, in setCurrent
ValueError: invalid null reference in method 'eListboxServiceContent_setCurrent', argument 2 of type 'eServiceReference const &'

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Crash report: find present channel #3 arkovda

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 August 2018 - 14:46

Looks like you cannot find a channel that is not in lamedb... What kind of 'scan' did you perform... 

Yes, that's correct.

Automatic with "keep feeds"

Attached Files

Edited by arkovda, 11 August 2018 - 14:47.

Re: Crash report: find present channel #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 11 August 2018 - 16:07

With what for settings loaded before?

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Crash report: find present channel #5 arkovda

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:37

With what for settings loaded before? 

Sorry, don't understand the question.

Re: Crash report: find present channel #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:39

Because usually when you scan you should not have non liked channels in lamedb....what settings did you have before you scan. It might be that sat positions or so are not in line (tenth of degrees differ)

Edited by littlesat, 12 August 2018 - 08:40.

Re: Crash report: find present channel #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:49

Even if you don't select the "delete before scan option"?

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Crash report: find present channel #8 arkovda

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 August 2018 - 15:36

Ok, so you are asking: what scan was used before "keep feeds" (might be wrong since it's translated).

Not sure what settings but I think it was "delete before scan option"

I think you might have missed the point or I'm missing something.

I did a scan. The channel was changed to a new frequency (for some reason, probably changed to HD quality), so I could not get any signal. 

When they do this I loose the updates and the EPG, Auto Timer, etc.

I can do a manual check in the full list (but that requires that I know what channel that I miss.)

I know that I can do several scans after each other and this fixes missing channels sometimes.

And that work as long as I don't use "delete before scan option".

Is there a automatic fix for the changed channels in the Auto timer etc or am I supposed to update that myself?

Re: Crash report: find present channel #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 12 August 2018 - 17:11

I always used the delete before scan option and I never encountered problem. This generates a clean lamedb and the missing channel are now marked N/A in your favorites.

The best solution is to use an external channel editor (like DreamboxEdit or Channelizer) and always keep a backup of your previous channel list and favorites.

So after the scan if you don't remember which channel was in your favorites you simply open up the application, load the all data and you will see what channel it was.

There is no automatic means to automatically change your favorites after a channel scan (except for a few provider (the one from M6 group) where the special way to have the channels in the broadcaster define order is known and implemented) or for DVB-T and DVB-C where you can have channels in the LCN (Logical Channel Number).

So it's up to you to update your favorites after a scan. 

This link can help you when there are changes:

https://en.kingofsat.net/news.php

You will know which channels are changed.

So for me looking for a channel from your favorite when it has changed (that is now N/A) will never works but this should not crash E2.

Pr2

Edited by Pr2, 12 August 2018 - 17:14.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Crash report: find present channel #10 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:25

Hello,

I think that you should have a look at this plugin:

opkg update
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-refreshbouquet

It seems to me that it is doing what you are looking at.

Pr2

Re: Crash report: find present channel #11 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2018 - 14:06

FYI:

https://github.com/O...b488f4c95b90c8a

Re: Crash report: find present channel #12 FRAP

• 329 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 16 August 2018 - 23:24

Flip through the channels and get a green screen

Attached Files

Alcohol for wimps. Strong people enjoy depression.

Re: Crash report: find present channel #13 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 17 August 2018 - 00:09

Hi,

You should have created your own thread because your crash is different.

The reasons is:

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xd0 in position 248: unexpected end of data

Someone else already faced the same error here:

My question:
Do you use a tool to load EPG data into memory like EPGimport or CrossEPG?
If yes, please tell us which one.

Because this can be linked with a corrupted EPG either loaded by a tool or broadcasted by air.

Thanks,

Pr2

Re: Crash report: find present channel #14 FRAP

• 329 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 17 August 2018 - 14:02

Hello, I understand what my problem is The matter is that I'm using the emulator for the CCcam and that's what's interesting when I set it up using the newcamd protocol. It happens kresh (green screen) when selecting channels. When I set up the CCcam emulator using the CCcam protocol everything works properly I do not have any cribs and I'm glad

Re: Crash report: find present channel #15 FRAP

• 329 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 17 August 2018 - 14:17

epg loaders I do not use I have them in the box no (I'm happy with the transmission of the epg by the provender)

Re: Crash report: find present channel #16 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 17 August 2018 - 14:34

FYI:

https://github.com/O...f40844d24aaed62

Re: Crash report: find present channel #17 arkovda

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:30

For some strange reason has my latest post diapered but what I  basically was saying:

Thanks for all the help.

Just to let u know:

I already use refreshbouquet

the "delete before scan" option does not work for me I loose channels so I need to to an extra scan that don't delete the previous one.

I have found blind scan and tested it. and it works well with the missing channels (they get grayed out) But for some strange reason they always miss some channels 

I can start a new tread if this is interesting for you. Just let me know.

/Arkovda

Re: Crash report: find present channel #18 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 19 August 2018 - 17:43

The "delete before scan" is perfectly working for you since you lose your channels, this is what is expected from it, clean all the old entries to always have a clean DB only with valid channels.

But if channels are missing in the scan this means that the satellite.xml file is not including the TP (transponders) you are watching, so would be nice to mention to us which satellites you can receive and which TP are missing.

You can find a list of TP on different sites like for exemple:

https://en.kingofsat.net/

https://www.lyngsat.com/

RefreshBouquet can only works if the channels are found after a scan.

So it is indeed better to start a specific thread for the channels not found at scan.

Pr2

Re: Crash report: find present channel #19 FRAP

• 329 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:57

Hello, kingofsat (He does not have all the satellites! 85 90)
lyngsat is the wrong frequency for example Yamal 90 3969 L 22000-3 / 4 is an error !!! Correctly gives the frequency of flysat (you can check) 3969 L 22222 3/4 That's right! And most importantly, the flysat good location information all frequencies are visible on one line

Attached Files

Re: Crash report: find present channel #20 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:12

Lyngsat and kingofsat are also collaborative sites, so can you please warm them of the error so they can both fix it.

OpenPLi satellite.xml generator is based on lyngsat website.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dm8000, Crash, Green screen, find present channel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users