• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 moham96

• 175 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 18 August 2018 - 18:50

Hi,

I've been looking for an app( for Android or ios) that can be used with enigma2 as a sat finder.

All the apps that I found require that you have channels and tune into one, unlike the enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-satfinder where you can choose a specific transponder and see the signal level for it.

All the apps I found use the web/signal API which shows the signal of the currently tuned channel, this is useless if you're trying to setup a new satellite and you don't have channels.

Some of the apps I tried:

https://play.google....igma.sat.finder

https://play.google....holf.dreamdroid

https://play.google....ront.dreamtools

So is there such an app that provides the info from the enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-satfinder ?

Regards

Edited by moham96, 18 August 2018 - 18:51.

Re: Satfinder app without tuning into channels #2 mrvica

• 1,216 posts

+80
Good

Posted 19 August 2018 - 09:34

try SATFINDER BT, you can use some functions (i.e. finding the sattelite) without buying the additional device

Re: Satfinder app without tuning into channels #3 moham96

• 175 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:44

try SATFINDER BT, you can use some functions (i.e. finding the sattelite) without buying the additional device

There are a lot of apps that provides this functionality (finding satellites) but this is not what I'm looking for, I'm looking for an app that connects to enigma2 and shows the signal levels of a specific TP

Regards

Re: Satfinder app without tuning into channels #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 19 August 2018 - 18:09

Last time I used this app:

https://play.google....oid.dmsatfinder

Formerly I was using another one (Signal Meter from www.krkadoni.com but it no longer seems to exist).

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Satfinder app without tuning into channels #5 moham96

• 175 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:58

Formerly I was using another one (Signal Meter from www.krkadoni.com but it no longer seems to exist).

Sadly it has the same problems, it uses the signal API which only shows the signal levels of currecntly tuned channel.

After some digging it seems like the signalfinder plugin doesn't have an API (or webif extension) that can be used by apps, there was a feature request for it a while back that was closed, the plugin hasn't been updated in months so I'm not sure if the developer will add the feature.

Re: Satfinder app without tuning into channels #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:19

You are right but it exist many pre-created channel lists that you can install on your STB to already have some channels to help you point your antenna.

Because you can be fooled by trying to point your antenna without seeing the channel, since some TP are common to several satellites and it can happens to you get signal from the wrong satellite, without viewing the channel you are never 100% sure to be on the right satellite.

Edited by Pr2, 20 August 2018 - 08:20.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Satfinder app without tuning into channels #7 moham96

• 175 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:35

You are right but it exist many pre-created channel lists that you can install on your STB to already have some channels to help you point your antenna.

Because you can be fooled by trying to point your antenna without seeing the channel, since some TP are common to several satellites and it can happens to you get signal from the wrong satellite, without viewing the channel you are never 100% sure to be on the right satellite.

Where can I download such lists? is there a plugin ?

Re: Satfinder app without tuning into channels #8 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:35

You can download the from the install plugins menu. Just remember this will overwrite your existing channels list.

Also remember to un-install the settings afterwards or any new update will also overwrite your channels.

Xtrend et8000 7.1-Release

2 x 8/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 23e 28e   

Astrometa USB Tuner Working DVB-T2 now on Kernel 4.10+  ;)

WD10EARX 1TB

Sandisk 32GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

ZGemma Star S 7.0-Release

4/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 28e

Sandisk 8GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: Satfinder app without tuning into channels #9 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:04

You will have to install it manualy

https://apkpure.com/...oid.dmsatfinder

Xtrend et8000 7.1-Release

2 x 8/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 23e 28e   

Astrometa USB Tuner Working DVB-T2 now on Kernel 4.10+  ;)

WD10EARX 1TB

Sandisk 32GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

ZGemma Star S 7.0-Release

4/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 28e

Sandisk 8GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: Satfinder app without tuning into channels #10 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 30 August 2018 - 21:11

Yes indeed it is no longer available in Play store... and I install it a few weeks ago. Even if the application was quite old it does the job.

Re: Satfinder app without tuning into channels #11 mjray

• 61 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:12

Can anyone more familiar with Play store see why was it removed? Security bugs?

Re: Satfinder app without tuning into channels #12 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:36

I don't think that you can find such information.

There are many others available you should not especially focus on this one.

Re: Satfinder app without tuning into channels #13 joeflowers

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:27

anyone had problems with apk web (apknite, apkpure,...) e.g: virus...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users