Foto

Playback controls

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 40 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 mjray

• 61 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 19 augustus 2018 - 21:51

How is the playback control intended to work? I can press fast forward but then when I press play, it jumps back to where I was before pressing fast forward. The long press seek pop-up seems to work but that doesn't seem to allow small jumps.

Also, when something is recording, is it possible to rewind it? That was a useful feature on my previous Alien-based receivers.

Zgemma h9s, openpli 6.2, recording made from FTA satellite channels. Thanks for reading.

Re: Playback controls #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6070 berichten

+257
Excellent

Geplaatst op 20 augustus 2018 - 08:09

The problem with Fast Forward/Rewind is that it is not always working really fine (this really depends on the STB manfufacturer), but what is always working is skip/jump in time. For this you already find the long F.Fwd that open-up a screen where you give in minute the skip that you want.
But you can also press the numerical keys (3,6,9) this will jump forward, (1,4,7) to jump backward.

3 : 10 seconds
6 :   1 minutes
9:    5 minutes

I stop using F.Fwd long time ago. ;-)

Also, when something is recording, is it possible to rewind it? That was a useful feature on my previous Alien-based receivers.

When you are recording you can start playing back the current recording without any problem. Once in playback you can rewind, forward, etc... but there is no feature to rewind when recording because it is an independent process from watching TV (even if you are watching what you are recording).

But what you are asking here is called Permanent Timeshift, you can enable it by default in the menu, you define the time after which the permanent timeshift will start when staying on the same channel.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Playback controls #3 mjray

• 61 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 20 augustus 2018 - 09:21

When you are recording you can start playing back the current recording without any problem. Once in playback you can rewind, forward, etc... but there is no feature to rewind when recording because it is an independent process from watching TV (even if you are watching what you are recording).
But what you are asking here is called Permanent Timeshift, you can enable it by default in the menu, you define the time after which the permanent timeshift will start when staying on the same channel.

Thanks for the 147/369 skip controls. I thought they were skipping to positions. I hadn't yet realised they moved on/back.

It's also great that I can access the menus while recording. Alien wouldn't do that.

If I enable permanent timeshift, would that spin the disk continuously? I'm not keen on that and going into the playback menu is good enough for me.

Re: Playback controls #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6070 berichten

+257
Excellent

Geplaatst op 20 augustus 2018 - 09:40

Yes the HDD will spin when timeshift is on.

But you can redirect the timeshift to an external USB stick formated by the STB (in ext4 format), go into the recording menu and you can define the path for recording and for timeshift.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Playback controls #5 mjray

• 61 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 20 augustus 2018 - 11:45

Thanks. I'm out of USB ports (maybe I'll fit a hub once things settle down) and I think it'd be fairly hard on the flash chip in the USB stick. Being able to play back recordings while recording is probably good enough. How difficult would it be to add the 147/369 skip controls to the Help display? It's not clear to me where to start with the github links on the homepage and wiki is now punting me back to the openpli homepage and I don't understand why.

Re: Playback controls #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6070 berichten

+257
Excellent

Geplaatst op 20 augustus 2018 - 13:49

I agree with you there are many practical small tips all around OpenPLi to know to really fully enjoy it. I am still learning and discovering many by reading daily this forum.  ;)

I have create a request on the ticketing system to add the 1,34,7 and 3,6,9 in the help screen.

But if you have time and willing to help us, would be nice as a newbie if you can help us to complete the wiki with all those little things that you discovered.

I think that you can connect and edit the wiki pages with your forum credentials.

Re: Playback controls #7 mjray

• 61 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 21 augustus 2018 - 11:07

Thanks. I think that's https://devtools.ope....org/issues/315

Re: Playback controls #8 Youpla

• 47 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 26 augustus 2018 - 00:17

If I enable permanent timeshift, would that spin the disk continuously? I'm not keen on that and going into the playback menu is good enough for me.

You can activate timeshift manually with play/pause when watching TV. The problem is that, once activated, it won't let me change channel despite me having 2 tuners.

VU+ DUO²  - OpenPLI 7.3 8.1 back to 7.3 for now.

Re: Playback controls #9 Rob van der Does

• 7766 berichten

+184
Excellent

Geplaatst op 26 augustus 2018 - 04:17

Related to 'Playback control: why do the pause button and the play button do the same thing? To me this makes only sense when only a combined play/pause button is present, not when both are.

Even in the settings there is a dedicated setting for the pause button (setting the pause button to play/last speed/GOP).

Re: Playback controls #10 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56258 berichten

+691
Excellent

Geplaatst op 26 augustus 2018 - 09:07

Because some boxes have only one of both buttons or have them combined... and it is also difficult to do a systeminfo or so by when remote x is in use... and when you split it you have also a blind spot... and with hotkey you can redefine one of them...

Veranderd door littlesat, 26 augustus 2018 - 09:08

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Playback controls #11 Rob van der Does

• 7766 berichten

+184
Excellent

Geplaatst op 26 augustus 2018 - 12:53

I presume that RC's with a combined Play/Pause button sent a different key code then 'Play' or 'Pause', namely 'Playpause'  (like VU & Xtrend do)?

Re: Playback controls #12 Rob van der Does

• 7766 berichten

+184
Excellent

Geplaatst op 26 augustus 2018 - 13:36

..... and with hotkey you can redefine one of them...

Not that I could find. One can assign all kind of actions to the play/pause/play-pause button(s), but 'Play' and 'Pause' are not among them.

Re: Playback controls #13 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6070 berichten

+257
Excellent

Geplaatst op 26 augustus 2018 - 14:08

You can activate timeshift manually with play/pause when watching TV. The problem is that, once activated, it won't let me change channel despite me having 2 tuners.

That's normal Timeshift is not recording! So if you can zap while in timeshift you will lose your timeshift thjis is a protection mecanism against wrong RCU manipulation.

Each time you zap a new timeshift is created so you cannot come back into the timeshift once you have zapped.

There is an automatic timeshift that you can activate in the menu, so it will start automatically when you stay on the same channel for the time mentioned in the parameter. This is probably what you want to have.

Re: Playback controls #14 Youpla

• 47 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 26 augustus 2018 - 14:18

That's normal Timeshift is not recording! So if you can zap while in timeshift you will lose your timeshift thjis is a protection mecanism against wrong RCU manipulation.

I'm not using Timeshift so I don't really care, but what if I want to start recording another channel while "timeshifting" ?

VU+ DUO²  - OpenPLI 7.3 8.1 back to 7.3 for now.

Re: Playback controls #15 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6070 berichten

+257
Excellent

Geplaatst op 26 augustus 2018 - 14:22

Press EPG button select the program that you want to record, press green button.

Press Menu go into Timers menu and schedule your recording (green button).

You don't need to zap to a channel to schedule a recording on it.

Re: Playback controls #16 Rob van der Does

• 7766 berichten

+184
Excellent

Geplaatst op 27 augustus 2018 - 04:55

Not that I could find. One can assign all kind of actions to the play/pause/play-pause button(s), but 'Play' and 'Pause' are not among them.

Would it be possible to add 'Pause' & 'Play' as assignable actions?

Re: Playback controls #17 Rob van der Does

• 7766 berichten

+184
Excellent

Geplaatst op 29 augustus 2018 - 15:23

Please?

Re: Playback controls #18 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6070 berichten

+257
Excellent

Geplaatst op 29 augustus 2018 - 15:32

Hi,

I just check on my develop image and in Hotkey have 3 keys:

Play

PlayPause

Pause

Checked on my Solo4K which has separated play and pause button.

Re: Playback controls #19 Rob van der Does

• 7766 berichten

+184
Excellent

Geplaatst op 29 augustus 2018 - 15:57

Yes, that is correct: the keys are available as hotkey. So all kinds of actions can be assigned to those keys.

But the problem is that the actions 'Play' and 'Pause' are not available, so it is impossible to assign those actions to any key.

Re: Playback controls #20 Rob van der Does

• 7766 berichten

+184
Excellent

Geplaatst op 5 september 2018 - 06:18

Would it be possible to add 'Pause' & 'Play' as assignable actions?

Please?

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers