help add parentheses in the epg

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 9 September 2018 - 08:57

hi.. is there any way to add parentheses in the epg in the channelist ???

like  France2 (Roland Garros) you can take a look in the picture .

Attached Files

• Attached File  jo.jpg   98.87KB   5 downloads

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2018 - 09:09

I do not see any France2 in the attached picture...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #3 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 9 September 2018 - 09:46

I do not see any France2 in the attached picture...

it was only an exemple ok discovery channel (Fast N Furiuosi'm talking about adding eventname between () parentheses because in the openpli i only see like discovery channel Fast N Furiuos without () parentheses

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2018 - 14:52

Why should you want these extra two characters that are only taken space?

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2018 - 15:36

Because it might be easier to read, to see where the channel name stops and the programme name starts?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #6 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 9 September 2018 - 18:17

Because it might be easier to read, to see where the channel name stops and the programme name starts?

Yes that's right because sometime it looks like france2 france - ireland rugby and it looks confusing or beinlaliga liga barcelona -sevilla

Edited by blinkosm, 9 September 2018 - 18:19.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #7 Robinson

• 2,614 posts

+30
Good

Posted 9 September 2018 - 19:10

Unless they are different colour. Like they are in FullNight skin, which I use. In such case extra parentheses would take away 2 characters without any value added.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2018 - 20:27

It is all personal experience.

The FullNight skin has a similar problem with the selection bar, in which both the channel name and the programme name are in a virtually simular yellow on the same background. 

Attached Files

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #9 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 9 September 2018 - 21:23

Any idea where is the python file who is responsble for this. serviceinfo.py maybe or it's c++ file ???

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #10 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2018 - 22:27

I think keeping the font just white, the epg yellow and just the background gray might look better...... to add () there a code in cpp needs to be changed (in dmm’s image this is currently python stuff... but it slows down performance/speed)

Edited by littlesat, 9 September 2018 - 22:30.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2018 - 23:04

In my personal opinion, for FullNight, yes.

But that doesn't answer the question of the TS. We don't know what skin is in use, and for all we know the TS could be colour blind and needs the brackets to see the difference clearly...

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #12 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 9 September 2018 - 23:07

I think keeping the font just white, the epg yellow and just the background gray might look better...... to add () there a code in cpp needs to be changed (in dmm’s image this is currently python stuff... but it slows down performance/speed)

Witch code in cpp ??? So i can build my own image with making a patch in my local recipe

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #13 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:53

This cannot be done by the skin as it needs a change in cpp code as extra feature. Currently dmm’s e2 has this in python (slower) they can change this more easily... somI think this is most likely a dmm’s e2 feature. I know this because a few years ago I was trying to do approx the same by moving the service ‘drawer’ to python.
The code need to be changed in servicelist.cpp... and of course to enable/disable it we need also some extra code. And then I don’t think it needs to be set by the skin so we’ll have an additional config... (adding configs is something we do with care as we already have too many)
In short a local change is somehow not done as it needs a change in the e2 binary!

Edited by littlesat, 10 September 2018 - 06:57.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #14 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:28

This cannot be done by the skin as it needs a change in cpp code as extra feature. Currently dmm’s e2 has this in python (slower) they can change this more easily... somI think this is most likely a dmm’s e2 feature. I know this because a few years ago I was trying to do approx the same by moving the service ‘drawer’ to python.
The code need to be changed in servicelist.cpp... and of course to enable/disable it we need also some extra code. And then I don’t think it needs to be set by the skin so we’ll have an additional config... (adding configs is something we do with care as we already have too many)
In short a local change is somehow not done as it needs a change in the e2 binary!

Thanks for the info. And yes the dmm's image has an option with python code channellistdisplay.py or channellistdisplaysettings.py

Edited by blinkosm, 10 September 2018 - 10:29.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #15 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:45

At least I think we need to keep the selected channel name white to make the differentiation more clear.....

The () uses place so less available space for EPG data. But it can me made when the 'team' wants it... but it 'costs' an extra ui-config....

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #16 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:59

hi li

At least I think we need to keep the selected channel name white to make the differentiation more clear.....

The () uses place so less available space for EPG data. But it can me made when the 'team' wants it... but it 'costs' an extra ui-config....

yes i understand but i don't wanna to be a global change as the team don't want it but i want to build my own image and make a patch for me only in my own image . by the way i don't find servicelist.cpp i only find service.cpp and servicedvb.cpp any idea witch file is the target??

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #17 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 10 September 2018 - 14:22

Sorry it was listboxservice.cpp

https://github.com/O...tboxservice.cpp

Its within the function void eListboxServiceContent::paint

below line 786 the event info is added to the service list...

In line 793 the event text is derived... here you should add the "(" before and a ")" after a string (when the config option is enabled)...

When doing this please do not only do it by yourself... Please try to get it 'in'...

Mmmm and when I look to the code why to 'they' first put the event text in 'name' and then in 'text' ?

P.S. In DMMs E2 the painter is a swig to python code... (slower, but for non C++ programmers better adaptable)

case celServiceInfo:
                                  {
                                        if ( isPlayable && service_info && !service_info->getEvent(*m_cursor, evt) )
                                        {
                                               std::string name = evt->getEventName();
                                               if (name.empty())
                                                      continue;
                                               text = evt->getEventName();
                                               if (serviceAvail)
                                               {
                                                      if (!selected && m_color_set[eventForeground])
                                                             painter.setForegroundColor(m_color[eventForeground]);
                                                      else if (selected && m_color_set[eventForegroundSelected])
                                                             painter.setForegroundColor(m_color[eventForegroundSelected]);
                                                      else
                                                             painter.setForegroundColor(gRGB(0xe7b53f));

if (serviceFallback && !selected && m_color_set[eventForegroundFallback]) // fallback receiver
                                                             painter.setForegroundColor(m_color[eventForegroundFallback]);
                                                      else if (serviceFallback && selected && m_color_set[eventForegroundSelectedFallback])
                                                             painter.setForegroundColor(m_color[eventForegroundSelectedFallback]);

}
                                               break;
                                        }
                                        continue;
                                  }

Edited by littlesat, 10 September 2018 - 14:28.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #18 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 September 2018 - 15:37

Sorry it was listboxservice.cpp

https://github.com/O...tboxservice.cpp

Its within the function voideListboxServiceContent::paint

below line 786 the event info is added to the service list...

In line 793 the event text is derived... here you should add the "(" before and a ")" after a string (when the config option is enabled)...

When doing this please do not only do it by yourself... Please try to get it 'in'...

Mmmm and when I look to the code why to 'they' first put the event text in 'name' and then in 'text' ?

P.S. In DMMs E2 the painter is a swig to python code... (slower, but for non C++ programmers better adaptable)

case celServiceInfo:
								  {
									    if ( isPlayable && service_info && !service_info->getEvent(*m_cursor, evt) )
									    {
											   std::string name = evt->getEventName();
											   if (name.empty())
													  continue;
											   text = evt->getEventName();
											   if (serviceAvail)
											   {
													  if (!selected && m_color_set[eventForeground])
													  	   painter.setForegroundColor(m_color[eventForeground]);
													  else if (selected && m_color_set[eventForegroundSelected])
													  	   painter.setForegroundColor(m_color[eventForegroundSelected]);
													  else
													  	   painter.setForegroundColor(gRGB(0xe7b53f));

if (serviceFallback && !selected && m_color_set[eventForegroundFallback]) // fallback receiver
													  	   painter.setForegroundColor(m_color[eventForegroundFallback]);
													  else if (serviceFallback && selected && m_color_set[eventForegroundSelectedFallback])
													  	   painter.setForegroundColor(m_color[eventForegroundSelectedFallback]);

}
											   break;
									    }
									    continue;
								  }

Thanks littlesat i will take a look

Edited by blinkosm, 10 September 2018 - 15:39.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #19 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 September 2018 - 13:54

maybe the use "name" for the skin and the" text"  for the python code like in the eventname.py at the end you will find  text = property(getText) so finally you will get a text no a name .

i wanna make () by default not until the config option is enabled so  should i add () like this  text = (evt->getEventName()) ; ????

Edited by blinkosm, 11 September 2018 - 13:55.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #20 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2018 - 15:51

The string in 'text' is rendered later. Here only the pencil and background colors are defined.... The text in name is never used elsewhere... So that stuff can be changed as...

-                                    std::string name = evt->getEventName();
-                                             if (name.empty())
+                                    std::string text = evt->getEventName();
+                                            if (text .empty())
                                                     continue;
-                                             text = evt->getEventName();

Than after we retrieve the text we need something that reads a config that arrange the "(" and ")" are added to the text std:string.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users