epg chinese traditional zh-TW DVB-T VU+ 4k Ultimo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kopernik

• 2 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 6 October 2018 - 16:47

All enigma images or at least for VU+ 4K Ultimo, have problem to correctly encode EPG from DVB-T in Taiwan.

The system incorrectly interprets the code, that actually is UTF Big-Endian.

I was not able to find solution on any forum, not even on the producer of vu+, therefore decided to work on it.

Re: Correct EPG encoding for DVB-T TW to display correctly chinese characters #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 October 2018 - 08:40

It's not a VU+ issue, maybe an enigma2 one.

There is not such thing as "UTF Big Endian". Please specify the real encoding, like UTF-8, UTF-16 or UTF-32. UTF-16 and UTF-32 can be used in combination with a byte-order-mark (BOM) so the byte ordering is mostly irrelevant. UTF-8 (most common) does not have a byte order.

Most providers are not using UTF though, but more likely an "ISO" encoding.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Correct EPG encoding for DVB-T TW to display correctly chinese characters #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2018 - 20:10

Does the font used for EPG display support all the chars needed for chinese EPG?

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Correct EPG encoding for DVB-T TW to display correctly chinese characters #4 avp3

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 October 2018 - 05:34

The key point is that Dreambox only supports unicode. While it is BIG5 in Taiwang. There is solution for this. Patching some codes. I had successfully to make dreambox supporting GBK (gb18030) code which is applied in the cable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: epg, chinese traditional, zh-TW, DVB-T, VU+ 4k Ultimo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users