VU+ Duo2 tuner tuning failed

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Djinn

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 November 2018 - 21:57

Hello
I am experiencing a problem with my VU+ Duo2 and using more than 2 Tuners.
Have a Duo2 with 4 tuners, connected with SatCR to a T-55 pointing towards 5E and 0.8W.

For a while now, I have only been able to use 2 of the tuners at once.
Earlier there was a problem with the drivers that was solved so thats not it, but this issue too seems to me as more of a software than hardware related problem.

Symptom is that I can use any two tuners at once(a+b, a+c, a+d, b+c, b+d, c+d) but as soon as I use a third and/or fourth tuner the third and fourth one gives me "tuning failed" and the first two activated drop out for a second every now and then.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I haven't had ay green screen or crsh related to this, but when checking info in the menu, the box only reports 2 tuners, A and B.

I am using latest version of 6.2 (updated today) and have checked every cable, connection and tunermodule and nothing is loose or twisted or not fitted properly.

2xVU+ Solo2 OpenPli

VU+ Duo2 4xS2 OpenPli

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #2 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 13 November 2018 - 00:55

The description of reception hardware is not complete. Are all 4 tuners supplied with signal or are you using internal connection? What is each tuner configured as?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:58

And SatCR? So Unicable. With 4 tuners and two sat positions? With Unicable LNB's? How programmed? Or a switch? How are the tuners connected and configured? Do you get the error no matter what you want to tune into, or only selected channels?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #4 Djinn

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 November 2018 - 19:00

All tuners are connected to LNB through SatCR with 4-way splitter at the box, so one source to each tuner, no internal signal used.

4 tuners, one sat position. No switch. Programming is all tuners advanced setup, the tuners A to D uses channel 1 to 4 (A-1, B-2, C-3, D-4). Doesn't matter what I tune into, the third tuner activated (and the fourth) get "tuning failed" and the two working tuners experience the odd dropout.

The programming worked perfectly fine until the problem with the drivers occured, and soon after that was fixed, this problem occured.

2xVU+ Solo2 OpenPli

VU+ Duo2 4xS2 OpenPli

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2018 - 19:03

And this is with 6.2-release, or with 7.0-rc (which has newer drivers and some Unicable changes in Enigma) ?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #6 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2018 - 19:43

And SatCR? So Unicable. With 4 tuners and two sat positions? With Unicable LNB's? How programmed? Or a switch? How are the tuners connected and configured? Do you get the error no matter what you want to tune into, or only selected channels?

No SatCR is not a real concept of any kind, it's a word that keeps coming up here and there, probably because the author of the original Unicable code used it in Enigma texts and code. There is no such thing as SatCR.

The connection is either legacy (tone burst + voltage), DiSEqC or SCR (Single Cable Reception, consisting of Unicable or JESS).

So, what is it?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #7 Djinn

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 November 2018 - 19:54

Single Cable Reception Unicable/JESS with setting Unicable/JESS LNB.

2xVU+ Solo2 OpenPli

VU+ Duo2 4xS2 OpenPli

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2018 - 19:56

So you are using SCR LNB's, right? And then, are you using Unicable or JESS? That is quite important. Unicable can only support two positions.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2018 - 19:59

That is what confuses me too.

The original post speaks about 2 sat positions. Then about a single LNB? connected via one cable to a 4-way splitter, each output connected to a tuner. So I'd like to have a complete overview of the setup.

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #10 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2018 - 20:12

The term 4-way splitter is very confusing, because it can mean so many things. I know people that use a "splitter" as an external loop through device. It's obvious that in that case only one tuner can be active at the same time. A combiner would be more logical in this case (SCR).

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #11 Djinn

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 November 2018 - 20:32

Inverto Unicable LNB at 0,8W at a T-55. Forget about the 5.0E, that one isn't connected to this reciever at all, and has no connection to the 0.8W LNB

Single cable from LNB to my reciever (18 meters) where a splitter is used to get 4 cables at 1 meter each to connect to the tuners. How else am I supposed to use the 4 tuners?

A combiner is not needed when using a single cable LNB since the signal is already combined in the LNB, but you do need a SPLITTER at the other end to get more than one cable to connect. This one (splitter) uses the range 5-2500MHz which is well within the specs for using the unicable standard.

SETUP:

I----1m cable----Tuner A           

I

I     I----1m cable----Tuner B

I     I

Inverto UNICABLE LNB 0.8W------approx 18 meters cable---------splitter 5-2500MHz

I     I

I     I----1m cable----Tuner C

I

I----1m cable----Tuner D

Clear enough?

Edited by Djinn, 13 November 2018 - 20:32.

2xVU+ Solo2 OpenPli

VU+ Duo2 4xS2 OpenPli

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2018 - 21:40

Yup, that cleared up my confusion about the second sat position. I got what you meant by splitter... ;)

Now what is your tuner configuration for this Unicable LNB?

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #13 Djinn

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 November 2018 - 15:29

There's the config. The only thing that differs between the tuners is channel for SCR.
Worked before, not working anymore.

Attached Files

2xVU+ Solo2 OpenPli

VU+ Duo2 4xS2 OpenPli

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #14 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2018 - 19:13

What splitters are you using.... maybe a ‘power’ problem so c and d cannot power the lnb(s). Then probably you need to configure the box always powered the lnbs even when a tuner is not used.

Edited by littlesat, 14 November 2018 - 19:14.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #15 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2018 - 19:30

The only thing I can think of is that maybe an incorrect "splitter" is used. The splitter should be power blocking between the inputs. Tuners should not see power from other tuners, it may even break them.

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #16 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2018 - 19:51

+ a config (as far I remember this should excist) that the tuner that should deliver the power always deliver the power...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #17 Djinn

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 November 2018 - 19:58

Well, if the config is faulty or the splitter is of the wrong type, how come it's been working for almost two years?
Makes no sense. The problem started occuring after an update, could there have been an error during reboot, like a power spike or surge that may have broken the splitter or the LNB?

2xVU+ Solo2 OpenPli

VU+ Duo2 4xS2 OpenPli

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #18 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2018 - 20:29

+ a config (as far I remember this should excist) that the tuner that should deliver the power always deliver the power...

There is no such config and also it doesn't make sense. An active tuner always supplies power (and sometimes also an inactive one). That's because most signalling schemes (legacy, DiSEqC, SCR) need to have 13 V or 19 V on the cable, just for some of the signalling, it can't work without power.

So at any point there will be more than one looped through tuner that will try to provide power and that's no issue, as long as you're using DC decoupled splitters, so one tuner can't try to "feed" another tuner.

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #19 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2018 - 21:24

When you have a plitter between a and c and c has the power block and a is not used, only c is used... the lnb does not receive power when A does not deliver power. So A need at least to deliver power continuously... (or you have to add a power inserter) as far I remember vu delivered in the past continuous power and now they don’t do that anymore... and/or A delivers the incorrect power what C needs...

Edited by littlesat, 15 November 2018 - 21:25.

Re: VU+ Duo2 can only use 2 out of 4 tuners at once #20 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 15 November 2018 - 21:38

Did you reuse your settings or start afresh?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users