• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 21 November 2018 - 15:22

Hi,

I did flash latest image for vuduo2 dated november 21 and after that I have seen 159 or more packages updating.

Briefly scrubbing the logs, I got the impression the packages have just changed name...like lost the PR.

i.e.  pkgX_1.0-r2    ->  pkgX_1.0

Now, this happended long long ago in OpenEmbedded, is it just an effect of the OpenPLi's catching up with oe-core ?

It was late past 1 o' clock, I'll recheck later on.

Cheers

A.A.

Edited by A.A., 21 November 2018 - 15:23.

Re: openpli-7.0-rc feeds update 2018-11-21 #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 21 November 2018 - 15:32

Packages that are the result of the build process in general always have a PR/PV. But there are exceptions (vuplus-tuner-turbo_3.13.5-20150303.0_vuduo2.ipk for example)

Our buildservers run local PR servers, so they are generated and updated automatically, but especially with test versions like an rc, things can be cleaned out or reset. We have a seprate PR server per build environment, so no matter which buildserver runs the build, the PR data per build is consistent.

In general, all packages from the 3rd-party feeds are provided to use in binary form, as ipk files without source, and are included as-is. As they are not build, they don't have a PR/PV.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users