• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hispanico

• 93 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 21 December 2018 - 23:40

I am interest to try the version multiboot but some questions please:

1 - i have a italysat on my Mutant HD51 and also i made a backup of image, so if install Openpli with multiboot i can install also this image flashing the backup ?

2 - when i have 2 image on decoder, i can update image when i use it ?

Thank

Hispa

Re: Multiboot on 7rc some questions #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 22 December 2018 - 00:05

You have to see multiboot on this type of boxes as boxes having multiple boot disks, similar to having multiboot on a PC. So each operating system runs independent of whatever is installed in other multiboot partitions. 

You do have to be careful with things like autobackup, especially if you use other images that are OpenPLi derivatives, as they may write the same files to the same directories on your harddisk or USB device.

For multiboot partitions you need multiboot images, if you flash a standard usb image, it will wipe all multiboot partitions due to the way it is created. I can't comment about your backup, but I doubt it is a multiboot image backup. You'd probably be better of making a backup of your data (like our autoback does), flash the multiboot version of the image, and restore your data.

If you have OpenPLi (7.0-rc+) in a partition, you can flash the other partions from within the image.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Multiboot on 7rc some questions #3 cromo1102

• 47 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 January 2019 - 13:12

I wonder if multiboot could be used in case of a bricked tuner and how to restore him by using the other partition? No one else ever thought about that?

Re: Multiboot on 7rc some questions #4 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2019 - 13:21

How do you define bricked? For me a bricked box is dead and doesn't boot at all. Also no image in another partition. And it also cannot be flashed.

If the box is not bricked, you can flash it with new image.

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Multiboot on 7rc some questions #5 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 8 January 2019 - 16:54

Maybe someone can correct me here,but in my experince using my et8000.

It's just a quick to flash a backed up supported image for my box (2.5 - 3 mins).

Update it live then flash back to OPLi which has been my main image for the past 2 years.

On the plus side with multi boot . You have an expanded image which you edit ofline.

Xtrend et8000 7.1-Release

2 x 8/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 23e 28e   

Astrometa USB Tuner Working DVB-T2 now on Kernel 4.10+  ;)

WD10EARX 1TB

Sandisk 32GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

ZGemma Star S 7.0-Release

4/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 28e

Sandisk 8GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: Multiboot on 7rc some questions #6 cromo1102

• 47 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 January 2019 - 20:24

I think a bricked tuner can't be started up or flashed because the operating system is corrupted.
If you have two operating systems it must be possible to use the working one to repair the bricked one. But therefore you have to have a possibility to enter multiboot before starting up completely.

Re: Multiboot on 7rc some questions #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2019 - 22:29

A bricked tuner is a tuner that is totally defective.

If the tuner boot up there is always a bootloader that start, and it is the bootloader that:

- check on the USB for a flashable image

- if there is not then boot the image from flash.

So a corrupted OS won't prevent the box from booting.

It like a PC where you have a "BIOS", as long as you can boot a PC, you can normally reinstall an OS on it. 

It the PC don't boot at all then it is bricked. It is not because your Windows is totally dead that your PC is dead.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Multiboot on 7rc some questions #8 twol

• 442 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:45

Maybe someone can correct me here,but in my experince using my et8000.

It's just a quick to flash a backed up supported image for my box (2.5 - 3 mins).

Update it live then flash back to OPLi which has been my main image for the past 2 years.

On the plus side with multi boot . You have an expanded image which you edit ofline.

Kind of, but on multiboot receivers, you can have multiple installed images that you can reboot into at any time.

By installed, I mean that you have flashed a multiboot image to a slot and then normally you would boot into that image and either restore settings or run the install wizard, so that next time you boot you have a running system ..... there is no offline edit.

Benefits - you can update by flashing without losing your current image - providing you flash other than the live slot, so that you have a "live" and "test" image - other than testing the facility I never make an image backup - with multiboot there is no need providing you backup your settings/plugins .

Also many people install images from other providers in combination perhaps with OpenPli.

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: Multiboot on 7rc some questions #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2019 - 19:44

Believe me, unless you succeed in overwriting the boot loader (and yes, there are cases reported, but very rare), you can always flash a new image. If the boot loader is broken, a multiboot setup won't help. So it's a non-issue.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Multiboot on 7rc some questions #10 rselturk

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 January 2019 - 20:01

OpenPli üzerine openMultiboot yapılandırması nasıl olacak?..Bu konu üzerinde bir rehber hazırlanması gereklidir.Pek çok kullanıcı bunu yapamadığı için yakınmaktadır.Konuyu iyi bilen yönetici veya ustalardan yardımlarını bekliyoruz..Bu da çok zor olmasa gerek..Lütfen bu ricamızı ciddiye alınız!.. :) 

Re: Multiboot on 7rc some questions #11 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 15 January 2019 - 20:12

OpenPli üzerine openMultiboot yapılandırması nasıl olacak?..Bu konu üzerinde bir rehber hazırlanması gereklidir.Pek çok kullanıcı bunu yapamadığı için yakınmaktadır.Konuyu iyi bilen yönetici veya ustalardan yardımlarını bekliyoruz..Bu da çok zor olmasa gerek..Lütfen bu ricamızı ciddiye alınız!.. :) 

Translation:
How to configure openMultiboot on OpenPli? .. It is necessary to prepare a guide on this topic. Many users complain that they can not do it. This shouldn't be too difficult. Please take this request seriously !

Please write english. We don't understand whatever language you use.

This topic is not about OpenMultiboot. It's about hardware multiboot which is available on some boxes like hd51 or h7.

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users