• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 19 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 Spittek

• 53 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 31 december 2018 - 10:14

Hello,

I'm very happy with the OpenPli after VTI and OpenATV. It's really pretty slim, fast and not so overloaded.

One thing I noticed: The USB hard drive was mounted as a USB drive, but I have manually changed it to HDD drive, with the "Mount Manager".

Is the recording folder "Movie" not automatically created? For the other images, this folder was automatically present after initialization or the first recording. I've created it manually, changed the path in the recording menu to "hdd / movie" and the recordings are in there, as it should be.

Thanks and Regards!

VU+ Zero 4K - OpenPLi 9.0 - Astra 19.2° - USB-HDD

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 31 december 2018 - 13:55

Label your usb device as "hdd", and it will automatically be mounted at the correct location.

The "movie" folder is outdated, it was invented 15 years ago to allow the disk to be shared for other purposes, for example to use the box as a NAS. We've abandoned this a long time ago, it doesn't serve any purpose anymore.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #3 Spittek

• 53 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 10:34

But if no movie folder is created, then the recordings are placed directly on the HDD and mix with system files. Also, in the "Movie Player" the movies are then mixed with system files or folders, such as epg.dat, lost & found, backup, invisible folders, etc., which becomes very confusing.

I do not think that's very clear. That's why I created the movie folder and changed it to hdd / movie for recording.

Sorry for the note, but an OpenPli beginner who previously used VTI and OpenATV with the Enhanced Movie Center will notice that. If you know that's what OpenPli wants, it's ok, but I do not really understand the meaning.

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56123 berichten

+685
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 10:57

Even the name movie is confusing and actually incorrect.. now at least you can define your own folder... but as far I understand you set the location of the first recording to /hdd/movies the folder Will still be generated...

Veranderd door littlesat, 1 januari 2019 - 11:00

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #5 Spittek

• 53 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 11:42

This is how it looks now, after creating the folder "movie" manually and changing the recording path to hdd / movie. Works flawlessly.

Automatically, even when the first recording, in OpenPli no movie folder was created (but in VTI and OpenATV). The recordings were in the main directory and mixed with the system files.

The screenshots are from iDreamX for Mac.

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

Veranderd door Spittek, 1 januari 2019 - 11:43

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 12:21

I already experienced the same problem myself in the past, movie folder was not created and recording fails due to this. I had to create it manually. So I am not sure that the folder is automatically created if it doesn't exist in OpenPLi.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 12:48

No, it isn't. And it hasn't been the case for quite a long time.

edit: did a quick check, the hardcoded location "/hdd/movie" was removed on september 21st 2013.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #8 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 12:50

Even the name movie is confusing and actually incorrect.. now at least you can define your own folder... but as far I understand you set the location of the first recording to /hdd/movies the folder Will still be generated...

No, it isn't. And it hasn't been the case for quite a long time.

Who is right then?

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46951 berichten

+541
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 12:58

I have a hunch...

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 13:47

lol ;) see the edit of my post...

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #11 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 14:41

So the correct answer is no the movie folder is not created automatically even if there is a reference to it in the /etc/enigma2/settings as record path.

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 14:47

No.

If you explicitly define it, it is created. But for recording paths set to "default", they are not.

The idea behind it was, as I already wrote, that when you have dedicated recording media, you don't want that directory, it is superfluous. For example, my recording location is /media/nas, which is a mountpoint on my NAS specifically for recordings. An additional "movie" folder in there would be pointless...

My living room box has a local external USB harddisk, but it is only used for recordings as well (my NAS connection isn't that reliable) and not for other stuff, so there the same applies.

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #13 Spittek

• 53 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 15:55

So, according to the current state, no movie folder is required if I only use the HDD for recording.

But how do you hide the system folders in the Movie Player extension? Because it is a bit confusing that the epg.dat, Backup, Lost & Found mix with the recordings.

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 16:09

I don't have any "system" folders.

My EPG files and backup are on a USB stick. The "lost+found" directory can be removed, it will be recreated when you run a disk check and failures are found. And my NAS doesn't have any "other" folders at all in the mounted share.

If you prefer a non-default recording location, go into "Recording paths" in the setup/expert menu, and set your paths accordingly.

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #15 Spittek

• 53 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 16:18

The VU + Zero 4K has only 1 USB port. That's why I have to save everything on the HDD. The currently used variant with the movie folder is certainly recommended for me.

I had the PVR kit (external HDD-Case for the Zero's underside) for a short while, but sent it back. Too expensive for the purpose and did not work properly.

If I ever buy a NAS, I would do the same as you. NAS without movie folder and USB stick for the system files.

Thanks for the explanations and Happy New Year!

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #16 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 17:28

Not a problem, just create the movie directory, go to "Recording Paths" in the setup, and point the relevant locations to it.

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #17 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14042 berichten

+298
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 18:43

Not a problem, just create the movie directory, go to "Recording Paths" in the setup, and point the relevant locations to it.

That last part isn't even required. If a "movie" directory exists, it will automatically be used for recordings. So all you really need to do is create the directory.

As for failing recordings, any path that doesn't exist when the recording starts will automatically be created. If the recording fails to start, something else is the problem. For example, if you've set /media/mydisk/movie as your recording path, and the mountpoint /media/mydisk does not exist or is not mounted, there's nothing the box can do to fix that and it won't start recording until that mount has been registered.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 18:50

Ah, yes, that is true. Totally forgot that. ;)

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #19 Spittek

• 53 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 1 januari 2019 - 20:58

Very nice. I am glad that I can still learn something. It's really fun!

Otherwise I am very, very enthusiastic. The VTI has worked directly out-of-the-box, but overwhelmed me as a newcomer with its countless possibilities. I do not need 90% of the settings.

If you know what to do, the easy and clear OpenPli is really a blessing.

In this sense, many thanks and greetings!

Re: Record folder "Movie" not created automatically #20 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56123 berichten

+685
Excellent

Geplaatst op 2 januari 2019 - 10:50

Maybe it can be considered to add and movie dir or add recordings dir on /hdd to the wizard....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers