Inverto Unicable VU+

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mosskit

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 January 2019 - 14:35

Hello guys,

I replaced my old 10year converter with a new one - Inverto IDLU-QUDL42-UNR2L-1PP to utilize my VU+ Uno SE capabilities a bit more. It supports four channels bands only so it was pointless to wire two cables from the tunner so I bridged my phisical Tuner B to Tuner A and two virtual tuners C and D to Tuner A as well. (There are two phisicall tuners A and B and 6 virtual: C - H - for that ones that does not have Uno SE tuner).

Converter is factory default programmed with 4IFs: 1 Channel 1210Mhz, 2 Channel 1420 Mhz, 3 Channel 1680 Mhz, 4 Channel 2040 Mhz for Unicable port and has also two legacy full band ports.

More details here: www.inverto.tv/download/file/59e5fd52608b2-1508244818.pdf

I am on latest OpenPli and my observation is that when using Unicable I observe a short "cannot tune channel" message every channel swap and after second or two its gone and channel present. Signal is good, more than 70% on all channels. Wonder if it's the issue of converter, my STB or a software used? When I connect my Tuner to legacy port this behaviour is also observed but very very rarely. Like once, two times a day. It was also observed on old 10 year tuner. As a matter of fact my idea with replacing it was also to elimintate this issue fully. So to confirm - Unicable works well. I was able to record up to 3 channels in time and watch the fourth one on different transponder but every channel swap gives me this annoying message for a second or two. Based on above I suspect this is my box / openpli related. Any ideas ?

Edited by mosskit, 12 January 2019 - 14:37.

Re: Openpli 7.0RC VU+ Uno SE and Inverto Unicable Quad converter issues #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 12 January 2019 - 14:47

Do you say you physically looped through input A and input B? That's not necessary. Simply configure tuner B to be looped from tuner A. Just the same way you loop C to A and D to A.

Regarding the problem, I've heard this is an inherent issue with SCR LNB's. They need to startup and loose the first SCR command, only the first repeat is received.

I have a setup with a SCR switch and that doesn't have this issue, because the switch is always on.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Openpli 7.0RC VU+ Uno SE and Inverto Unicable Quad converter issues #3 mosskit

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 January 2019 - 14:51

Do you say you physically looped through input A and input B? That's not necessary. Simply configure tuner B to be looped from tuner A. Just the same way you loop C to A and D to A.

Regarding the problem, I've heard this is an inherent issue with SCR LNB's. They need to startup and loose the first SCR command, only the first repeat is received.

I have a setup with a SCR switch and that doesn't have this issue, because the switch is always on.

I was not precise enough.  My tuner B is looped (software loop) to A like C and D like you mentioned. So to solve my issue I would need to connect some unicable switch in-between (my box and inverto converter)?

Edited by mosskit, 12 January 2019 - 14:51.

Re: Openpli 7.0RC VU+ Uno SE and Inverto Unicable Quad converter issues #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:33

No I am only saying that with my setup using "regular" quattro LNB's and a SCR switch, I don't see the problem. So the SCR part works, it's just the SCR LNB that doesn't seem to cooperate optimally with enigma2.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Openpli 7.0RC VU+ Uno SE and Inverto Unicable Quad converter issues #5 mosskit

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2019 - 22:28

Clear.

I wonder if anyone else experienced that issues ?

Re: Openpli 7.0RC VU+ Uno SE and Inverto Unicable Quad converter issues #6 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 January 2019 - 20:18

At least one user in the Dutch section.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users