add in minidlna server dsd support

minidlna dsd iso

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 userpli

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 January 2019 - 15:26

Please add DSD audio support to the minidlna server. https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSD. There are ready-made developments on this topic. https://github.com/m...ne/minidlna-dsd. The format is very popular with audiophiles and playback through dlna would be very convenient.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #2 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 18 January 2019 - 16:48

It seems DSD is a audio codec. Never heard of it. Afaik chipset don’t support it so you cannot use hardware decoding.
It seems latest gstreamer supports it (with libav) but then the files are software decoded to PCM to pass it to the box hardware. So you will loose the extra informations and you will get a normal PCM stream.
I don’t think someone will implement/look into it in near future. Playback of audio is not really the main use case for satellite receivers.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #3 userpli

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 January 2019 - 17:11

DSD stream does not need to decode! Play it will be hardware on the AV receiver or DAC. All you need to do is add support for MIME type audio/dsd, audio/x-dsd, audio/x-dsf, audio/x-dff. That he saw these files and gave to the reproduction of the DLNA to the client. Make it completely easy! I would do it myself if I knew how to build a plugin for the receiver's platform.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 18 January 2019 - 18:09

The minidlna in our OE is from 2012, I don't know why what is still there, as it is superseded by readymedia. But that seems to be built from a github mirror that is out of date.

So  I guess it needs to be looked at by someone.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #5 userpli

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 January 2019 - 20:50

Are all necessary packages present in the system for building a module from source directly in the receiver?

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 18 January 2019 - 21:07

No.

I don't know what you mean by module, but to be able to compile you need to cross-compiler environment.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #7 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 30 March 2019 - 18:49

Is it readymedia that is the one to use to get a dlna server in the box?

How is the intention to install it? Because the default configuration is not so good!

I have built it in my image and it is in the box. But as I see it, it seems to be controlled manually with readymedia.sh. It is not installed as a service and doesn't start at boot.

...or I'm I doing totally wrong, is it any plugin I should use?

PS. I can get readymedia to work, after changing configuration. However this seems to be wrong way.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #8 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 7 April 2019 - 09:50

Below is an update of the recipe for readymedia. The source will be taken from the origin source at sourceforge. Latest commit (at build time) on master branch will be used. This will include support for dsd audio.

--- a/meta-openpli/recipes-multimedia/readymedia/readymedia.bb
+++ b/meta-openpli/recipes-multimedia/readymedia/readymedia.bb
@@ -8,12 +8,12 @@ LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://LICENCE.miniupnpd;md5=b0dabf9d8e0f871554e309d62ead8d2

inherit gitpkgv

-PV = "1.1.0+git${SRCPV}"
-PKGV = "1.1.0+git${GITPKGV}"
-PR = "r0"
+PV = "1.1.6+git${SRCPV}"
+PKGV = "1.1.6+git${GITPKGV}"
+PR = "r1"
 DEPENDS = "libexif libav libjpeg-turbo libvorbis flac libid3tag sqlite3"

-SRC_URI = "git://github.com/NathanaelA/minidlna.git;branch=origin_master;protocol=http \
+SRC_URI = "git://git.code.sf.net/p/minidlna/git;protocol=https;branch=master \
                file://readymedia.sh \
                file://minidlna.conf \
 "

I also think the conf file should be changed. I don't like some settings in it. I also discover enigma2-plugin-extensions-dlnaserver. I think this should be used, since it will do auto start of readymedia. However changes to the conf file needs to be synced with the plugin.

I think we should remove minidlna (folder meta-openpli/recipes-connectivity/minidlna) since it is replaced with readymedia.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2019 - 11:02

Aren't there any other sources? We hate to use sourceforge, its availability is very flaky, and when the repo can't be reached, it breaks our automatic build process.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #10 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 7 April 2019 - 13:54

This seems to be the origin place of the source, with development. It would be great with a new release soon. Maybe we should wait for that and then create a new recipe for that version. Maybe a zip can be placed in another place (mirror). I don't think is a good design idea with modules that automatically takes the latest source. I think a release of OpenPLi should be the same independet of then it is built.

Here is a proposal for readymedia configuration. It's works with the dlnaserver plugin. This plugin overwrite the conf file, however it using some of the settings from the conf file in readymedia. The main thing is that a lot of foilders is skip in the presentation to the user. You come direct to the files. However not if the dlnaserver plugin is used.

In my image I have now removed the dlnaserver plug in and instead include readymedia directly. To get it to auto start, I added a link (ln -s ../init.d/readymedia.sh /etc/rcS.d/S71readymedia.sh). I also change the friendly name.

--- a/meta-openpli/recipes-multimedia/readymedia/readymedia/minidlna.conf
+++ b/meta-openpli/recipes-multimedia/readymedia/readymedia/minidlna.conf
@@ -15,9 +15,7 @@ port=8200
 #   + "V" for video  (eg. media_dir=V,/home/jmaggard/Videos)
 #   + "P" for images (eg. media_dir=P,/home/jmaggard/Pictures)
 #   + "PV" for pictures and video (eg. media_dir=PV,/home/jmaggard/digital_camera)
-media_dir=V,/media
-media_dir=A,/media
-media_dir=P,/media
+media_dir=/hdd/movie

# set this to merge all media_dir base contents into the root container
 # note: the default is no
@@ -27,14 +25,14 @@ media_dir=P,/media
 #friendly_name=My DLNA Server

# set this if you would like to specify the directory where you want MiniDLNA to store its database and album art cache
-db_dir=/var/lib/readymedia
+db_dir=/hdd/readymedia

# set this if you would like to specify the directory where you want MiniDLNA to store its log file
-log_dir=/media/dlna/.minidlnalog
+log_dir=/hdd/readymedia

# set this to change the verbosity of the information that is logged
 # each section can use a different level: off, fatal, error, warn, info, or debug
-#log_level=general,artwork,database,inotify,scanner,metadata,http,ssdp,tivo=warn
+log_level=general,artwork,database,inotify,scanner,metadata,http,ssdp,tivo=error

# this should be a list of file names to check for when searching for album art
 # note: names should be delimited with a forward slash ("/")
@@ -75,7 +73,7 @@ model_number=1
 #   + "P" - "Pictures"
 #   + Or, you can specify the ObjectID of your desired root container (eg. 1$F for Music/Playlists)
 # if you specify "B" and client device is audio-only then "Music/Folders" will be used as root
-#root_container=.
+root_container=B

# always force SortCriteria to this value, regardless of the SortCriteria passed by the client
 #force_sort_criteria=+upnp:class,+upnp:originalTrackNumber,+dc:title

Edited by -M-, 7 April 2019 - 13:54.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2019 - 14:10

This seems to be the origin place of the source, with development.

Yes, it is. But the problem is that bitbake bails out when it can't fetch a source. Even if it has a local copy in it's source cache it can use.

We run hundereds of builds daily, automated and unattended. Monitoring, checking, and manual restarting when fetch issues happen is a full time job we can do without... ;)

If there is no other option, we'll have to setup a mirror ourselfs, to avoid build issues...

I don't think is a good design idea with modules that automatically takes the latest source. I think a release of OpenPLi should be the same independet of then it is built.

Which is where the reporefs.conf file comes in.

Develop uses AUTOREV for most recipes, as soon as we start our release process we generate a reporefs.conf from buildhistory data, pinning the release on a commit hash or version.

Here is a proposal for readymedia configuration. It's works with the dlnaserver plugin. This plugin overwrite the conf file, however it using some of the settings from the conf file in readymedia. The main thing is that a lot of foilders is skip in the presentation to the user. You come direct to the files. However not if the dlnaserver plugin is used. 

Can you create a pull request in github for it, so we tested and merged after testing?

Thanks for your contribution! 

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #12 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 10 April 2019 - 18:37

How about to have comments (description) in recipe files, is it welcome?
For example like this in the readymedia recipe...

# This module (readymedia) is used by the plugin dlnaserver. If so the plugin
# will start the minidlnad daemon (i.e. readymedia). Because of this, it is
# no auto start added at installation of readymedia.
#
# Readymedia can be installed and run without the dlnaserver plugin.
# Auto start can be achieved by create a soft link in the box:
# "ln -s ../init.d/readymedia.sh /etc/rcS.d/S71readymedia.sh"
# Run without dlnaserver will give more freedom in the configuration.

Can you create a pull request in github for it, so we tested and merged after testing?

Yes, I can. To be clear, which changes would you like to have:
1) Remove minidlna
2) Change readymedia.bb
3) Change minidlna.conf
4) Add comments in readymedia.bb

The folder name maybe can be discussed. It is in the root of the harddisc. Is it bad/good to have many folders where. Maybe should hide it a little (begin with dot). I also try to understand the /media folder. It is in ram. Maybe all storage device will popup in it (hdd is where). However default for the dlnaserver is own sub folders. I haven't understand the idea about it... yet.

I changed the database location from flash to hdd. The log file from ram disk to hdd. - good or bad?
Some TVs will create warnings in the log, therefore I changed log level to error.

PS. Please give me some time. Very much in life right now. This have low priority, but fun to do.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 10 April 2019 - 19:08

Comments are always welcome.

I've never used minidlna and/or readymedia, so no clue what is needed and what can go. And how it should be configured.

If readymedia replaces minidlna, it would be nice if the recipe will reflect that, so that when you update, minidlna will automatically be replaced by readymedia.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #14 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 11 April 2019 - 16:46

The enigma2-plugin-extensions-dlnaserver is in the feed. It uses readymedia. So I don't think the minidlna is used, unless someone use it in own build.

However it is a minidlna in meta-oe, so I guess that will be taken if try to build minidlna. Yes, it will - but, it is blacklisted! So it will not build (see file minidlna_1.1.5.bb).

I will later on take a look at the plugin and see if I can come up with a proposal.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 11 April 2019 - 20:20

Had a quick look in the repo:

There is a "minidlna_cvs.bb" recipe which as far as I can see hasn't changed since 2012.

There is a "readymedia.bb" which looks maintained, and was moved from sourceforge to a git mirror because of the many connectivity issues of SF, last year May.

There is an "enigma2-plugin-extensions-dlnaserver.bb" plugin, which has a dependency to readymedia, not to minidlna.

I can't find a dependency to "minidlna", so that isn't being build (anymore), unless you compile it manually.

So I think the only question on the table is "is the readymedia version we build recent (enough), or does it need upgrading?". And if so, from which source repository.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #16 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:47

Reference to minidlna can be suppressed since ReadyMedia is the new name for it.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #17 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:52

Seems that latest version is 1.2.1 and we provide version 1.1.0

https://sourceforge....files/minidlna/

There is also a fork of ReadyMedia that support transcoding.

Edited by Pr2, 12 April 2019 - 06:53.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #18 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:16

The thread creator wanted dsd and that is the last commit. Not in any release yet.

PS. About transcoding I don't see the use. For me wrong. This type of product (OpenPLi) I see as high quality and not manipulation of the video data. I want raw TS streams.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #19 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2019 - 17:13

dlna is not only for video but also for pictures, this allows you to rescale the image on the server before sending it to remote device.

Re: add in minidlna server dsd support #20 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2019 - 19:24

If readymedia replaces minidlna, it would be nice if the recipe will reflect that, so that when you update, minidlna will automatically be replaced by readymedia.

Something like this should work:

RREPLACES_${PN} = "minidlna"
RCONFLICTS_${PN} = "minidlna"

Real musicians never die - they just decompose

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users