←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

uClan Ustym 4K PRO

's foto le2506 25 jan 2019

Dear OpenPLI team when will the image on the receiver uClan Ustym 4K PRO? Thanks in advance.

Citeren

's foto WanWizard 25 jan 2019

When the manufacturer asks us.

Looks very much like a Zgemma clone btw, are the chinese now cloning themselfs? ;)

Citeren

's foto Frenske 25 jan 2019

This looks more like the Octagon sf8008. ;)
Citeren

's foto Persian Prince 26 jan 2019

Yes sf8008=cc1=ustym4kpro ;)

Citeren

's foto Search40 26 jan 2019

uClan Ustym 4K PRO (U2C Ustym 4K PRO) same with Octagon SF8008
next Hisilicon shit box from ukraina!
Price; 2300 грн > > 70€uro

This is what some one saying on other forum, it looks like is Ukrainian made in China, because the support forum is in Russian or Ukrainian.
Veranderd door Search40, 26 januari 2019 - 19:19
Citeren

's foto WanWizard 26 jan 2019

It is how it works, you have an OEM manufacturer that makes a box, and local/regional distributors that sell it, usually using their own brand name.

This is a typical example, Octagon only has rights for the German market, all sales outside Germany is "grey import".

You see the same with the majority of the other brands, there are very few true manufacturers.

Citeren

's foto Adrena 20 nov 2019

It does not work like that.
The Chinese produce a "engine", in this case Hisilicon Hi3798MV200 which is used in different boxes.. If Octagon uses a Chinese processor, it is no longer a real producer?
You can ask about the same thing that connects Mercedes with Romanian Dacia?
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class is already in its fourth generation. Since the introduction of the latest model, the manufacturer offers several engine options. The A180d under the bonnet is a 1.5-liter Renault dCi diesel engine, also used by Dacia and Nissan.
That's how it works.
Citeren

's foto Frenske 20 nov 2019

AFAIK most OEM product only have some minor differences where it comes to external layout (color) and of cource the brand logo.

Besides this some brand related details in the original firmware so in the about screen the info is according the brandname. And that is all that usually differs from the original’ design.

The comparison with cars is IMHO completely different. Where there is Renault there also was a Dacia if I recall right. Some models looked kind of the same somewhere in the sixtieth in Western Europe most people preferred the Renault 12 above the Dacia 1300 if I recall right. :) This is just an example. 

Citeren

's foto WanWizard 20 nov 2019

The Chinese produce a "engine", in this case Hisilicon Hi3798MV200 which is used in different boxes.. If Octagon uses a Chinese processor, it is no longer a real producer?

You failed to see the point. This was not about the SoC.

A manufacturer designs and fabricates his own unique products. An OEM manufacturer creates unbranded designs for others to market. Sometimes specific for one brand, sometimes the design is available under different brands.

These brands do not design anything, they just order OEM hardware with specifications, and stick their logo on it.

Downside (for us users) is that as soon as the hardware is no longer profitable, these OEM distributors drop it as a brick and move on, leaving us (users) with an unsupported box.

Citeren

's foto Guardian 30 dec 2019

Well if it,s " the same" as 8008 you should be able to flash for excample Openatv image.
Citeren

's foto littlesat 31 dec 2019

Dacia and Renault are a bit different as the box around the car (chassis) is made in a complete different plant.... only parts inside are coming from Renault.... here it is the same box but a different label....
But not conpletely true... I saw a polish car last time that was a Dacia Logan mcv, but branded as Renault... and that looks wierd...
Citeren

's foto Persian Prince 7 jan 2020

I thought we only have "hisi3798mv200" but there are more in the market:

hisi3798cv200

hisi3716mv410

Citeren

's foto isteric2005 25 apr 2020

Is it not possible to take an openpli image already compiled for octagonsf8008 and convert it to uclan?

Veranderd door isteric2005, 25 april 2020 - 15:48
Citeren

's foto WanWizard 25 apr 2020

If they are really identical (like the HD2400 / AX2400 or HD51 / AX51 ), then probably yes. But you don't know until you try ;).

disclaimer: completely at your own risk! :)

Citeren

's foto isteric2005 25 apr 2020

if you do the multiboot test you should risk less.

How to do?

I did some tests that openpli installs without problems .... on boot a flashing red message appears on the monitor saying that the software is not compatible with the receiver.
Citeren

's foto base2729 7 sep 2020

Ustym 4K ...where is extensions kodi ...where i can find .

Citeren

's foto Frenske 7 sep 2020

I don’t know at the moment whether Kodi is in the build. I’ll check tomorrow.

Citeren

's foto WanWizard 7 sep 2020

There is no Kodi available for it (same is true for the Octagon SF8008 and the Gigablue Trio 4K).

It is not enabled in the BSP by the vendors, and it needs to be, Kodi needs GL drivers (support) supplied by the vendor.

Citeren

's foto powerbrut 7 jan 2021

Salve a tutti

Problema con backup con backupsuite per backup immagine openpli.
Backupsuite crea i file senza problemi,  quando faccio il restore/recupero su un altro decoder UCLAN USTYN 4k pro finisce il trasferimento ma dopo il boot il decoder non parte.
Provato con la OPENPLI 7.3 e 8.0  e versioni diverse di backupsuite ma il problema è lo stesso.
Come potrei risolvere ?

Hellò

Problem with backup with backupsuite for openpli image backup. Backupsuite creates the files smoothly, when restore / restore on another UCLAN USTYN 4k pro decoder finishes the transfer but after starting the decoder does not start. I have tried with OPENPLI 7.3 and 8.0 and different versions of backupsuite but the problem is the same. How could I solve?Problem with backup with backupsuite for openpli image backup. Backupsuite creates the files smoothly, when restore / restore on another UCLAN USTYN 4k pro decoder finishes the transfer but after starting the decoder does not start. I have tried with OPENPLI 7.3 and 8.0 and different versions of backupsuite but the problem is the same. How could I solve?

Tanks

Citeren