• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Raybobo

• 190 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:34

Hello,

With all the crash problems I had, I have flashed with some different versions.

Now, with the last one, 7, I had no crash, as made from scratch, but I had Oscam problem, i.e. not decoding some channels immediately, or difficult to access the right reader. So, I was thinking maybe about the Oscam version included in 7, so yesterday I flashed again from scratch with 6.2.

When installing again, I had problem downloading and installing plugins (Oscam not found in list, etc..) and after restarting the download function for plugins, she was there, but 3 or 4 tries before having it installed. Each time with a message " directory locked by ..." or something in that kind. (directory "run") I have not take a picture of this message....

So, I think that maybe already first my Oscam problems may be from here and my question is; is that a maximum number of flashing that I can do? Does this problems came from this?

Or, what is the way for a total reset before flashing again with a clean install from scratch?

Sorry, a little bit confused...

Thanks for the help.

LG Oled C9

Vu+Duo4KSe

Yamaha 5.1 system

Qnap NAS 2Tb

1 wife

2 childs

2 dogs

4 cats :D

Re: Max Number of flashing? #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:59

is that a maximum number of flashing that I can do? Does this problems came from this?

There is, depending on the technology used. The NAND flash found in older boxes wears out more quickly than the eMMC memory used in the newer ones. And with more quickly I mean 20 years or so. So I doubt that is the problem.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Max Number of flashing? #3 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2019 - 17:14

Yes, I know users flashing their boxes at least once a week. You can flash several 100 times and in normal cases this shouldn’t harm your box.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Max Number of flashing? #4 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2019 - 20:08

I still have a DM800HD-PVR from 2006. This thing really has been abused flashwise.. Every new image has been tested before giving it away to my daughter.. It has been flashed 1000+ and still works fine...
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: Max Number of flashing? #5 Raybobo

• 190 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:38

Ok, thanks for the answer, I will do a factory reset and then test with BH and find the driver version as said by Erik, about my other post...

LG Oled C9

Vu+Duo4KSe

Yamaha 5.1 system

Qnap NAS 2Tb

1 wife

2 childs

2 dogs

Re: Max Number of flashing? #6 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 31 January 2019 - 13:17

Factory Reset does not do what name suggests. You are better off flashing an image, do not use previous settings/files. Set it up from scratch.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Re: Max Number of flashing? #7 Raybobo

• 190 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 1 February 2019 - 05:46

Factory Reset does not do what name suggests. You are better off flashing an image, do not use previous settings/files. Set it up from scratch.

Done yesterday, wait a few days and we will see what happens.

Thanks

LG Oled C9

Vu+Duo4KSe

Yamaha 5.1 system

Qnap NAS 2Tb

1 wife

2 childs

2 dogs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users