Photo

Problem with softcam OpenPli 7

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nierw

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:55

Hi, try to insert Open Pli 7.0 on my Vu + Zero in multiboot. Has ver 6.2 that works. My problem is that I don't think my softcam is staring. Has tried to transfer the settings with the backup file and also a clean new installation from the beginning but the softcam does not start. Look under the blue button that it is installed. How to write the command in telnet to see if is running, and in which directory is the MgCamd file located?
Nierw

Re: Problem with softcam OpenPli 7 #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2019 - 13:50

Chances are it needs libcrypto-compat installed, as mgcamd is old junk.

Login with telnet, and start the cam manually:

/etc/init.d/softcam start

and if that gives an error message about missing libcrypto or libssl libraries, try

opkg install libcrypto-compat

and then restart the softcam again.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Problem with softcam OpenPli 7 #3 nierw

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 January 2019 - 14:58

Thanks now it works after installing libcrypto-compat :) . Which softcam do you think I should use if mgcamd is old junk?
nierw

Re: Problem with softcam OpenPli 7 #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2019 - 16:10

It depends on the smartcard you have.

The best bet is Oscam, it is open source development, actively developed, and it can be compiled against the correct libraries, so you don't have this sort of dependency issues. 

But not all smartcard types are supported, and some do require additional configuration or keys to make them work which are not included because they violate licensing.

If you want to think about it, create a new topic, tell us which card / provider you have, and I am sure other users can tell you exactly what the options are.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Problem with softcam OpenPli 7 #5 nierw

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 February 2019 - 12:36

Now I have been testing for a few days and see that I have to restart my cam for certain channels when I use Openpli 7. In ver 6.2 it flows without problems. What command can I run from telnet to see if it is running?

Re: Problem with softcam OpenPli 7 #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 3 February 2019 - 12:48

When it comes to cams, OpenPLi hasnt; changed in years. And the same is true for mgcamd. The OS however has changed, running mgcamd is like trying to run a Windowws 95 program in Windows 10...

What command can I run from telnet to see if it is running?

"ps" for example.

Re: Problem with softcam OpenPli 7 #7 nierw

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 February 2019 - 13:22

The command in telnet to see if my cam is running. I do not use a smartcard but have a cws line in nevcamd.list. I don't know how to configure it in Oscam

Re: Problem with softcam OpenPli 7 #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 3 February 2019 - 13:30

Get yourself a smartcard then. We don't discuss illegal activities on this forum.

Re: Problem with softcam OpenPli 7 #9 mian104

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 October 2020 - 20:29

windows 10 does not detect my ultimo4k in opepli7.3.however it works in openatv6.4?

Re: Problem with softcam OpenPli 7 #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2020 - 21:34

Define "not detected" and "doesn't work"?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users