TV turns off by itself

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 patrikcoc

• 36 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 February 2019 - 16:48

Hello, 

I have a Sony Smart TV, a VU+ Zero and an LG soundbar. I have been using OpenATV 6.2, but now I switched to OpenPLi 7. 

When I turn on the TV, it will turn on the STB and soundbar too via HDMI CEC. But since I use PLi, it will turn off by itself in a few minutes for about 3-4 times, then it will work. What could be the issue?

Re: TV turns off by itself #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 3 February 2019 - 11:20

Hi,

I don't understand this sentence:

"...it will turn off by itself in a few minutes for about 3-4 times, then it will work."

But HDMI-CEC you need to play with the options available in OpenPLi to find the one that best work for you.

But on my side I use it the other way around I switch on my VU+ and it turns on the amplifier and the TV. I have also a Sony TV (Android) and it is working fine.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: TV turns off by itself #3 Jork

• 755 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 3 February 2019 - 17:17

I experienced somewhat the same on our Sony smart tv.

I solved it by checking setting the STB HDMI-CEC setup:

Wakeup signal from TV  set this to -> TV physical address report.

Maybe this helps you too?

Jork

Edited by Jork, 3 February 2019 - 17:18.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users