[idea] ChannelSelection change

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 3 February 2019 - 17:10

I think that a good modification of channel selection list would be one that could mix TV and radios in one single list, if desired.

When browsing lists, we have the following functions on color buttons: All (red) , Satellites (Green)  , Providers (yellow) and Favour. (Blue).

But if we want to zap between radios and TV from different sats , we have to press many buttons, and go from one side to other… 

I personally don't find it fast.

I was thinking in a red button function change, in order to make it (a toggle button) to show TV, Radio or both on channel list.

Previous "All" (red) function could be moved to satellites list, at the top on the list, above "Current transp".

So when browsing satellites, we could use one button to show fastly radios, or both , tv and radio on the current sat.

I think it would be easier to navigate when working often with radios.When having mixed list, radiostations could have a ' ® '  before their names.

Is it a crazy idea ???

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: [idea] ChannelSelection change #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 8 February 2019 - 23:13

And I would like to add to have a better split under the different satellite (Green button):

19.E Ku-band Astra... - Services

|- TV Services

|- Radio Services

|- Data Services

It is interesting to have access to data feeds when you need to update your PCMCIA Module it is interesting to know on which transponder to zap. Today with the current GUI there is no way to find those back.

I just discovered that the green button was already a toggle one, so please include also the categories split in there (TV, Radio, Data).

Pr2

P.S.: But I think that you didn't create this thread in the right section, since this is not a 3rd party development but a core OpenPLi dev.

Edited by Pr2, 8 February 2019 - 23:15.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: [idea] ChannelSelection change #3 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 9 February 2019 - 13:20

P.S.: But I think that you didn't create this thread in the right section, since this is not a 3rd party development but a core OpenPLi dev.

I created here because in forum descriptions at forum home page, it says "Discussions about scripts, plugins, enigma modifications, C++, Python" and this is a enigma modif. on a Python file.

Good idea to include data.

Edited by jpuigs, 9 February 2019 - 13:20.

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users