Crash Mutant HD51

Crash Mutant HD51 multiple crashes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 March 2019 - 16:59

I am running 2 Mutants HD51, OpenPLI 6.2, and have installed 2 different softcams. One HD51 runs as a server the orher one as a client. When startng up one the HD51s when the other one is already running it happens often that one or both Boxes are crashing (green screen) at the same time and starting up after 10 sec. Sometimnes they crash 3 or 4 times in a row until I restart completely one of the boxes.

This happens regaredless as to which HD51 is started first and regardless of the type of softcam used. I have updated the image several times without any improvement.

I have no clue as to why this is happening and have never experienced such crashes when running VU+ duo2 and or ET9000.

In appendix I am sending a series of crashlogs for both the server and client from March 2, 2019 despite they are tagged on the HDDs 1.1.1970 for a reason I can't explain.

I estimate the frequency of the crashes at startup at about 40 %

The files marked 17, 18, 21 & 33  refer to crash reports that happened on the HD51 acting as server. The files marked 16_client, 17_client,18_client, 23_client & 24_client  are the crashlogs for the HD51 client. Note that All crashed happened in a row and happened simultaneaióusly. on March 2 and stopepd only after I restarted the server in this case. In this case I intended to start the server while the client was already running on a FTA channel.

Please let me know if you need any other input.

I would appreciate your advice about what causes this problem and what I need to do to solve it.

Attached Files

Re: Crash Mutant HD51 #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 2 March 2019 - 17:16

All errors are the same:

Backtrace:
/usr/bin/enigma2(_Z17handleFatalSignaliP9siginfo_tPv) [0x758A8]
/lib/libc.so.6(__default_rt_sa_restorer) [0xB6104C50]
/lib/libc.so.6(gsignal) [0xB610393C]
/lib/libc.so.6(abort) [0xB6104DB4]
-------FATAL SIGNAL

which means Enigma crashes in C++ code.

As it happens on startup, it is possible that you have corrupt EPG data. 

You can address that by flushing the EPG data, some plugins have that option, or do it via the commandline:

init 4
rm /media/hdd/epg.dat
init 3

( change the path accordingly if your epg.dat backup file is stored elsewhere )

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Crash Mutant HD51 #3 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 March 2019 - 17:55

Any suggestion for any plugins that might flush the EPG data

Re: Crash Mutant HD51 #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2019 - 18:13

I think the EPG Refresh plugin has a menu option to delete the EPG.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Crash Mutant HD51 #5 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 March 2019 - 10:30

OK thanks. I will check the plug in.

Anyhow in case I need it, I would appreciate getting a step by step guideline about how to use the command lne as suggested earlier.

Re: Crash Mutant HD51 #6 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 March 2019 - 14:42

I installed the plug-in "Refresh EPG" which has indeed a function to flush the EPG when refreshing. I assume that I have to refresh and flush all the "Bouquets" for both the server and the client?

Re: Crash Mutant HD51 #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 5 March 2019 - 14:46

No, it does it on the server.

When the client requests the EPG data, the server will write the EPG (which is always in memory) to the epg.dat backup file, the client will retrieve this file, and then imports it into the clients' memory.

Re: Crash Mutant HD51 #8 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 March 2019 - 09:37

Are there any risks of crashes or any other issues that migth pop-up during this process on the server? Any special care I have to take before flushing and refreshing?

Re: Crash Mutant HD51 #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 6 March 2019 - 12:01

No, the process utilizes the standard backup function available in Enigma.

And there is no need for constantly flushing and refreshing, in general this process works fine, I use it for all my boxes on a daily basis.

Re: Crash Mutant HD51 #10 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:15

Waited a few days before providing feedback. Have flushed and refreshed EPGs for all bouquets and so far (touch wood!) all seems to work properly.

Thanks for helping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users