Proposal for better key mapping on Vu+

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 4 March 2019 - 09:06

I have tested OpenPLi on my Vu+ DUO 4K box and it was not fun. However after getting advice on another forum that OpenPLi is good. I gave it a try again... after long time and frustration, I finally get an EPG. This by changing hotkey map for EPG button. It was impossible to get a decent EPG with default settings, i.e. open the graphical multi EPG. I think this problem apply to other Vu+ boxes as well.

Please change so the EPG button is mapped to the Graphical Multi EPG by default. I think this will result in more users of your image.

PS. Long press on EPG can go to Single EPG.

Re: Proposal for better key mapping on Vu+ #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,257 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2019 - 09:53

We cannot help vu has only one epg button and no info button and changing defaults means it has influences on other boxes... so we never can do this right... it can be considered to change it to long epg = gmepg short epg=channel epg.

Edited by littlesat, 4 March 2019 - 09:54.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Proposal for better key mapping on Vu+ #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2019 - 12:37

That's why Hotkey was created. I have also a VU+ and indeed the i(nfo) button is missing on VU+ but we need to live with it. And I also change the EPG button to have the Graphical Multi EPG by default.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Proposal for better key mapping on Vu+ #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2019 - 12:39

We cannot help vu has only one epg button and no info button and changing defaults means it has influences on other boxes... so we never can do this right... it can be considered to change it to long epg = gmepg short epg=channel epg.

If you do that you lose access to the events menu, and all other options in that menu.

You can only please some of the people some of the time, not all of the people all of the time ;). The Hotkey gives users the ability to rearrange the mapping as they see fit. They only thing lacking there are some instructions on how it works, because I have to admit it is pretty confusing for non-experts...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Proposal for better key mapping on Vu+ #5 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,257 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2019 - 14:26

I had the idea by default assign gmepg to long red... then it works for all boxes...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Proposal for better key mapping on Vu+ #6 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 4 March 2019 - 14:47

I was aware of lack of INFO button and that EPG is INFO button in some pages (on this machine). However I thought it was possible to change the hotkey, without affecting function of this button in other places. Sorry, I didn't test this.

PS. It is so sad that by default the EPG is impossible to reach on the Vu+ machine. But I understand the difficulties to handle several machines. However little strange since other images doesn't have this problem. and sorry again, if I totally have misunderstand the functionality with this button.

PS2. My dream: Press EPG brings up gmepg, press EPG again bring up singleEPG, press again close EPG.

Re: Proposal for better key mapping on Vu+ #7 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,623 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2019 - 16:33

but he can put more function under one hotkey ...

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users