vu+ ultimo 4k vs. zero 4k

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 4 March 2019 - 16:39

hello mates, I have played some 4k movies on zero 4k but I am unable to cofigure an ultimo 4k to achieve the same success on playing the same 4k movie on a kodi addon.
Is there any technical hardware diference on the stb's, as maybe cpu specifications, to get different response about the same demand to the different stb ?
I was on the process to do pairing configs on each stb, now I think the config is the same on both stb's.
Are Ultimo 4k drivers more difficult to built any make it more versatile?
it concerns to vu+ brand, of course, it just to know if somebody has any information about this or if there is some user with this issue.

thanks!

Re: vu+ ultimo 4k vs. zero 4k #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2019 - 18:17

Drivers are not build, they are supplied by the vendor, as binary objects. So they either work, or they don't.

We can't repeat it often enough, if your files adhere to the DVB standards, they'll play. Anything else is s bonus.

These boxes are not media players, the vendors don't sell them as such, and supported formats vary enormously, between vendors, between models of the same vendor, and even between versions (for example, the latest Broadcom SDK has removed quite a few supported formats, for example VP8).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: vu+ ultimo 4k vs. zero 4k #3 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 4 March 2019 - 18:54

Yes WanWizard, I understand the drivers topic and I mentioned it on my explanation. But I wonder if some user could give some success guide, I dont undestrand what is failing on ultimo 4k, zero 4k is working right. I am almost sure It's a fail on my config in ultimo 4k, I just need some guide to get in success. 

Thank you

Re: vu+ ultimo 4k vs. zero 4k #4 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 4 March 2019 - 19:20

Hi,

take a look at the movie with the PC tool MediaInfo to see what codec is used. Also enable debug log of enigma2 perhaps there are some parts of gstreamer missing on Ultimo4K. Last but not least the SOC of the Zero4K is newer but less powerful but there might be some bug fixes/enhancements included compared to the Ultimo4K.

ciao

Re: vu+ ultimo 4k vs. zero 4k #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2019 - 19:47

You can install mediainfo on the box too.

And it is not only what the SoC can or can't do, but also what features are licenced, and what features are enabled in the drivers. So comparing SoC's, or models, or vendors, doesn't give you any information.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: vu+ ultimo 4k vs. zero 4k #6 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 4 March 2019 - 19:49

I am sorry for the following question, but, how would it be to lauch a debug log? I have been looking for an answer WanWizadr to me from last year, but some tips to get the debug log while we try to play a mediafile on kodi inside enigma2---?? would be this way??

on command line:

init 4
ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=4 /usr/bin/enigma
and see where it takes its time. When done

ctrl-C
init 3

Right? I will try...

Re: vu+ ultimo 4k vs. zero 4k #7 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 4 March 2019 - 19:51

You can install mediainfo on the box too.

And it is not only what the SoC can or can't do, but also what features are licenced, and what features are enabled in the drivers. So comparing SoC's, or models, or vendors, doesn't give you any information.

Just testing, really we cannot do anything, vu+ devs have the keys,,, 

Re: vu+ ultimo 4k vs. zero 4k #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2019 - 20:05

Right?

Yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users