Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:25

continuing on my tests, I created the following timer sequence :

Attached File  enigma timers 5.jpg   180.97KB   2 downloads

#1 "e" at 10:09 on ITV3

#2 "b" at 10:11 on Vitaya

#3 "c" at 10:12 on BBC ONE

#4 "d" at 10:13 on NPO2

#5 "a" at 10:14 on BBC FIRST

as I have shown in the previous thread, this is the sequence which passes the timer sanity test. Now I am currently watching BBC FIRST, taking tuner "A" :

Attached File  enigma timers 6.jpg   109.1KB   3 downloads

the time is 10:09 and I see that tuner "B" is also in use, this is for recording #1 on ITV3.

at 10:13 I get a message saying that the tv switched to a recording service and the image switches to NPO2 :

Attached File  enigma timers 7.jpg   71.18KB   2 downloads

at 10:14 I get another message saying that the tv is switching to a recording service, but now the images stays black ! The service has switched to BBC FIRST, but the recording itself is not started :

Attached File  enigma timers 9.jpg   127.78KB   1 downloads

as you can see it's 10:15 and recording #5 is not active yet. Indeed, BBC FIRST is now displayed in grey on the channels list :;

Attached File  enigma timers 11.jpg   156.97KB   1 downloads

checking current recordings, I now see that tumer "I" which should be used for BBC FIRST is now assigned to Vitaya :

Attached File  enigma timers 12.jpg   57.03KB   1 downloads

so this is what happened :

I was watching BBC FIRST on tuner "A"

at 10:09 recording #1 took tuner "B" for ITV3

at 10:11 recording #2 took tuner "I" for Vitaya - I can still watch BBC FIRST on tuner "A"

at 10:12 recording #3 took tuner "C" for BBC ONE - I am still watching BBC FIRST on tuner "A"

at 10:13 recording #4 took tuner "A" for NPO2, and I got the "switching" popup, after which I get to watch NPO2

at 10:14 recording #5 should start, I get the "switching" popup and I get to watch BBC FIRST again, but now the image stays black as there is no free tuner any more for this service, and so the recording doesn't start at all.

so this is a reverse problem : a timer combination which is possible according to the timer sanity logic still seems to fail as enigma2 is assigning the wrong tuners to the wrong recordings.

enigma2 should have taken tuner "A" for the 10:11 recording on Vitaya. This should have left tuner "I" available for the 10:14 recording on BBC FIRST.

again, a tough nut to crack here .....

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:38

The algorithm cannot/does not predict what timers might come in future... It 'just' takes the tuner with the less possible sat position options.... As far I can see nothing is really wrong here...

Edited by littlesat, 13 March 2019 - 11:39.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #3 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:47

yes it can - the timer sanity check does the same, and enigma2 knows which timers are in the planning so it should know how to assign the tuners -  but apparently enigma2 doesn't use that information, it just assigns the first free tuner to any upcoming recording it would seem.

and as for taking the tuner with the "least" possible sat options : all my tuners can receive the same satellites, so they're equal on this point, but only tuners "A" & "B" can be internally looped. So as I see it tuner "I" has fewer possibilities than tuners "A" and "B". However, should enigma2 first assign tuner "I" to the first recording this would not solve anything. Before assigning a tuner enigma2 should check timer sanity again to see if no conflicts arise. If so it would have to try the next free tuner until it finds a tuner where no timer conflict occurs. Only then can you assure that timers for which there is no timer conflict during creation, will also really be recorded when the time comes to start the recording.

Edited by jeanclaude, 13 March 2019 - 11:48.

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:47

It is already extreme complicated... and then also spaghetti code in enigma2... When you want to make this perfect you can somehow redesign e2, which costs a lot of time and risk of breaking other 'stuff'... So I'm afraid we have somehow to 'live' with this... 

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #5 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:50

look, I understand, but the logic is currently failing in some cases. All I can do is tell you of the problem and hope someone is clever enough to adapt the code.

if not, some recordings will continue to fail in the future.

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #6 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:50

You‘re right. I have seen that code and it is difficult to read and understand it and more difficult to change it

Receiver:2 x Uno4k SE (PLI 7.3 rel), 1 x ET9200 (PLI 4.0), NAS: 2 x QNAP 410, TV: LG 65C8llla, LG 47LB570V, LG 42LM615S, Sound: Yamaha RX-v663, Teufel System 5 THX

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #7 ccs

• 229 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 13 March 2019 - 13:34

If the timer sanity check is reliable, it must have worked out which tuner has to be used for each recording, so could it not add the "preferred/mandatory" tuner to the timer, and use it for recordings?

Live tv would probably have to use the same logic for tuner selection which could be another issue.

test

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #8 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 13 March 2019 - 13:48

timer sanity check is flawed also, as I explained in my previous thred, but here I started with a timers combination which works with the sanity check. But as I've shown even this is no guarantee for a succesful recording. The culprit is the fact that I was watching the channel that needed tuner "I" to be recorded, and enigma2 didn't swap tuners the moment recoding #2 started. Instead it switched recording #2 to tuner "I" and from that moment on recording #5 became impossible.

btw my settings specify that recordings have priority over viewing, so enigma2 can swap tuners whenever it needs one for a recording.

Edited by jeanclaude, 13 March 2019 - 13:49.

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #9 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 13 March 2019 - 14:09

I have an uno4kse and with only one FBC tuner I have seen until now now problems. Maybe it has to do with the third tuner which is not an FBC tuner, that it doesn´t work proberly I think enigma can´t work successfully with differnt tuner types in a box in some special situations. In the past I had an ET8000 with 3 single tuners. That works also. 

But the combination of an FBC tuner, (two tuners with 6 flexibel tuners behinde them), and a third single tuner seem to be buggy in same situaitons.  

Receiver:2 x Uno4k SE (PLI 7.3 rel), 1 x ET9200 (PLI 4.0), NAS: 2 x QNAP 410, TV: LG 65C8llla, LG 47LB570V, LG 42LM615S, Sound: Yamaha RX-v663, Teufel System 5 THX

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #10 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 13 March 2019 - 14:56

yeah well I have some other worries but wich I can't test for the moment, like : the "I" tuner is the only DVB-S2X tuner with multistream capability

so: if I plan a recording on a multistream channel, will enigma2 select this tuner "I" for recording and not "A" or "B" ?

same question for a channel on a DVB-S2X transponder.

for the moment I have neither multistream nor DVB-S2X channels available, so I can't test, but I'm eager to find out ..........

Edited by jeanclaude, 13 March 2019 - 14:57.

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #11 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2019 - 15:27

The culprit is the fact that I was watching the channel that needed tuner "I" to be recorded, and enigma2 didn't swap tuners the moment recoding #2 started.

When there is another tuner free that can make the recording... the tuners are never swapped... as what you watch will be interrupted.

I have no idea of multistream is taken into account here.

Edited by littlesat, 13 March 2019 - 15:28.

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #12 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 13 March 2019 - 15:49

in that case I'll "re-phrase" :

The culprit is the fact that I was watching the channel that needed tuner "I" to be recorded, and enigma2 didn't interrupt that channel the moment recoding #2 started.

Edited by jeanclaude, 13 March 2019 - 15:49.

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2019 - 19:59

The assignment of FBC "auto loop through mode" tuners is done in very specific FBC code. It does not have any relation to timers, nor is able to access the timers or make any decision on timers based on timers.

If you really want to make that much recordings in a reliable way, imho the only solution is to start using SCR, then you always know you have eight tuners available.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #14 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 13 March 2019 - 20:13

Do you know why on my uno4kse with two legacykabel  the timer conflict detection works how I expected?. I can program timers for channels on two sat levels and if I would like to program a timer for a channel on the third level than I have a conflict, which is correct. And if I need more than 8 tuners for timers than I also get an conflict. 

So it seems to work well with one FBC twin tuner

Re: timers and tuner assignment problems 2 #15 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:04

the problem starts when you use 3 different satellite "quadrants" for recording. in my setup I can have multiple recordings on 2 "quadrants" using the FBC tuners, plus 1 transponder using the DVB-S2X tuner.

in my tests enigma2 took this DVB-S2X tuner for a recording on a quadrant with multiple recordings and this is wrong. Vitaya & NPO2 are both on the same quadrant so it should have selected one of the FBC tuners for this recording. When the 2nd recording started on NPO2, enigma2 had no other choice but to take the last free tuner, the FBC tuner "A". Recordings on Vitaya & NPO2 are now split over 2 separate tuners A & I whereas they should have been concentrated on the same FBC tuner (A & D for instance). With all 3 tuners now recording, there was no more free tuner available for BBC FIRST and this recording failed.

@Erik : SCR on 3 different satellites ? my tuners have 8 satellites available using a multiswitch, so I don't think that's possible. And I believe an SCR setup will give you all transponders of 1 single satellite (using both FBC tuners).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users