Photo

A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Rob3rt

• 590 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 23 March 2019 - 14:05

I have a lot of problems, every 3 or 4 days the import hangs.

When i open en application it is reporting:

Importeer: XXXXXXXXX

xxxxxx programma's

ANd here it stays until i restart the device or enigma2.

The XXXXXX is eachtime an other source.

When this happens my whole EPG is lost because i enabled deleted before import.

The problem is that i cannot start it again because i get an error that it is already running, so i have to restart enigma2 or the device to restart it again.

After the restart in 99.9% the imports works without any problem whatsoever.

As mentioned this does not happen on each import but after 1 or 2 days, so reguarly.

How to fix this or is this a known problem?

I using the last version of Rytec, also reinstalled it several times also reflashed the image but nothing seems to help, problem keeps coming back the past year.

This first starting about 1 year ago, since then it keeps coming back, sometimes it is away for longertimes but the last 2 weeks it is almost every 3 days back again (i import every day)

Could there please be added a option to autokill the process after X time (for example, if process is not finisched in 30 minutes restart it) or a manully kill button in the application so it can be restarted manyally again?

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #2 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,005 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2019 - 17:36

Strange.

Imports can hang, and then there is mostly something wrong with the XMLTV or channels.xml file.

But if after a restart everything is OK, the files should be OK.  There could be a problem with one of the mirror servers.

When this happens the next time. request an import.log (see the FAQ's how) and save it.  Get it out of the receiver before you restart, because it is in /tmp which will be cleared upon a restart.

This log will help me determine if there is something wrong with a particular server.

I Checked the mirrors now, and they seem to work properly.  But it is hard to tell,

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #3 Rob3rt

• 590 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 23 March 2019 - 17:50

Thx is will do that the next time it hangs again.

Is it possible to add the option to kill the process from within the application?

If it hangs it is impossible to start it again without a restart, would be nice to be able to cancel/terminate the running process and restart it without having to restart the box.

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #4 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,005 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2019 - 18:50

Is it possible to add the option to kill the process from within the application?

If it hangs it is impossible to start it again without a restart, would be nice to be able to cancel/terminate the running process and restart it without having to restart the box.

I am not a programmer, so changing this is not up to me.

But I am guessing that what you propose is difficult, since EPGimport runs within enigma2 itself.  So cancelling is not all that easy.

Anyway, this is something for the developers to have a look at.  Hopefully, on picks up this problem.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2019 - 20:55

Hi,

Can you post tell us which source you select for import?

Which box you are experiencing this problem?

If you use an old box or entry level one it is possible that the memory (RAM) is limited, and that you try to load too much EPG information.

To workaround this you can try:

- to load less data sources

- to decrease the number of days you want for EPG (for exemple reduce it to 3 days instead of 7)

- to select to import only EPG for channels that are in one of your favorite list. (This slow down the loading of the EPG but now you have a progress indicator there too, but this will save some RAM)

Or if for some reasons the xml file is malformed or include a forbidden character then the xml parser gets into trouble.

To kill a running process, connect via telnet issue a ps, check for the epgimport find its pid (1st column of the ps) and then kill it (kill pid).

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #6 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,005 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2019 - 23:08

Or if for some reasons the xml file is malformed or include a forbidden character then the xml parser gets into trouble.

Pr2

Correct. 

But when he restart its receiver, and imports again and now it is correct, this is not the problem.
Because if strange chars are present, they would be present in the files on all the mirrors.  Unless of course one mirror is faulty.  And this is what I try to determine.
All mirrors are updated from the same source (My NAS).  So they should have the same info.  Unless of course on one the update fails regularly.  But I do not have indications of this now.  But i is not impossible.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #7 Rob3rt

• 590 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 4 April 2019 - 18:47

Hi,

Can you post tell us which source you select for import?

Which box you are experiencing this problem?

If you use an old box or entry level one it is possible that the memory (RAM) is limited, and that you try to load too much EPG information.

To workaround this you can try:

- to load less data sources

- to decrease the number of days you want for EPG (for exemple reduce it to 3 days instead of 7)

- to select to import only EPG for channels that are in one of your favorite list. (This slow down the loading of the EPG but now you have a progress indicator there too, but this will save some RAM)

To kill a running process, connect via telnet issue a ps, check for the epgimport find its pid (1st column of the ps) and then kill it (kill pid).

Pr2

doesn't matter which source i select, they hang randomly, today it was Deutch;and?ostenreicn- gemeinsam xz

I tried everything, only loading epg from favorites, only NL etc etc,

My box is fast enough (VU+ ultimo 4k)

Sadly i cannpt find the log using command line to copy/paste it..

This is what the log using menu states:

[EPGImport] nextImport, source= Deutchland/Osterreich/......(xz)

EPGImport] Downloding: http://rytecepg.wanw...tecDE_Common.xz to path: /tmp/epgimport.xz

[EPGImport] Trying IPv6 first: http://[2001:41:xxxxxxx]/rytecDE_common.xz

[EPGImport] IPv6 download falied, falling back to IPv4:

http://rytecepg.wanw...tecDE_common.xz

And then the log ends.

In the program itself it states;

Importeert: Deutchland/Osterreich/Switzerland - Gemeinsam (xz)

76502 programma's

Laatste: Gisteren 08:16, 206423 prgroamma's

This is listed until this morning and half of my programs have now no EPG.

Only solotion for me know is to kill the import by a reboot.

But again, each time it can be an other package on which it hangs, it is never the same one.

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2019 - 20:21

Don't know where you got those scources from, but that file does not exist. Which is why the download fails.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #9 Rob3rt

• 590 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 4 April 2019 - 20:23

Dont know, i did not do anything, the rytect apps download and installed it.

Never changed anything, the app is as far as i know how it was installed and updated reguarly.

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2019 - 20:35

Weird, because I have this in the sources file on my box:

<url>http://rytecepg.wanwizard.eu/rytecDE_Common.xz</url>

which is not the same as the URL in your log...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #11 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,005 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2019 - 20:47

There is a typo in the url Rob3t listed

And it is definitely not in our sources.  So I wonder where you got the sources file updated from.

And since I update the sources for both the OpenPLi system and the OeAlliance version, I am pretty sure they are correct.

I import the same file, and nothing is out of ordinary.

Can you tell us which image you are using, and where you update it from.

And read our FAQ's on how to obtain the import log.  It is less complicated than you think.

And if there is typo in the url, the import plug-in should not be able to find the file and simply skip the import.  If does not do this (and hangs), I wonder what for wonky version you are using.

Willy

Edited by doglover, 4 April 2019 - 20:52.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #12 Rob3rt

• 590 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 4 April 2019 - 22:37

i typed the log manually over, so there could be a typo here in this topic, you can bet on it that the url in the actual log was correct and i just typed it wrong here.

I read the faq, i could not find any location mentioned where the log is saved exactly on the box, i can view it on the screen but i cannot copy paste that into a forum topic.

Maybe i got the wrong FAQ, i read the following faq:

https://forums.openp...d-xmltv-import/

About the version, where can i find this?

In the menu's or info options there is version listed at all.

Edited by Rob3rt, 4 April 2019 - 22:39.

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2019 - 23:08

If I check the server logs with your public IP, I find:

- - [04/Apr/2019:08:08:08 +0200] "GET /rytecNWS.xz HTTP/1.0" 200 206745 "-" "Twisted client" "-"
 - - [04/Apr/2019:08:10:21 +0200] "GET /rytecMisc.xz HTTP/1.0" 200 271576 "-" "Twisted client" "-"
 - - [04/Apr/2019:08:12:27 +0200] "GET /rytecNL_Extra.xz HTTP/1.0" 200 102756 "-" "Twisted client" "-"
 - - [04/Apr/2019:08:14:29 +0200] "GET /rytecDE_Common.xz HTTP/1.0" 200 289281 "-" "Twisted client" "-"
 - - [04/Apr/2019:22:02:16 +0200] "GET /rytecNWS.xz HTTP/1.0" 200 235324 "-" "Twisted client" "-"
 - - [04/Apr/2019:22:03:08 +0200] "GET /rytecBE_NL_Common.xz HTTP/1.0" 200 302872 "-" "Twisted client" "-"
 - - [04/Apr/2019:22:03:43 +0200] "GET /rytecIT_SportMovies.xz HTTP/1.0" 200 299076 "-" "Twisted client" "-"
 - - [04/Apr/2019:22:04:08 +0200] "GET /rytecUK_FTA.xz HTTP/1.0" 200 315884 "-" "Twisted client" "-"
 - - [04/Apr/2019:22:04:21 +0200] "GET /rytecUK_SkyLive.xz HTTP/1.0" 200 604700 "-" "Twisted client" "-"
 - - [04/Apr/2019:22:04:32 +0200] "GET /rytecUK_SportMovies.xz HTTP/1.0" 200 211336 "-" "Twisted client" "-"

so the download in itself works fine.

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #14 Rob3rt

• 590 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 4 April 2019 - 23:16

The download failed this morning, somewhere around 8.05, this evening i rebooted the box and restarted and the import worked fine.

This is exactly what i keep getting now for months...

Days all is OK and then suddenly the import hangs and each time on a different source, now it was germany, but it happend on other sources also in tha past.

The import hangs on my box, only rebooting (or kill import) the box let me restart import process again and then the import works fine.

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 5 April 2019 - 01:31

How do you kill import, as it is an integral process inside enigma?

I can only see my server, and I see no download issues there. But I also don't see all files you download (the 8 o'clock files are different from the 22 o'clock files). So maybe another mirrror with a problem? Alhough the plugin is smart enough to try another mirror.

What box is this?

You seem to import an awful lot of data (200k+ entries), maybe the process hangs due to lack of available memory. When you reboot, your memory usage is reset, so more will be available. EPG data is stored in memory, the more you load, the more you need.

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #16 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,005 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 5 April 2019 - 06:12

Extract for the FAQ's

* Where is the epgimport.log

Open the XMLTV importer.

Press now the Menu button on your remote.

Make the choice to see the log.

Now you see the log.  This log can be saved, and you find the saved fle in /tmp/

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #17 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2019 - 08:40

This is the OE-A version so it is XMLTV import (not EPG Import), in XMLTV import they try to implement the native IPV6 support.
This IPV6 implementation get troubles, this was highlighted by the check we put in place to avoid accessing wrong mirrors (LastUpdate.txt) in EPG Import, so instead of fixing it properly, they simply drop it.

Are you using an OpenPLi image?  If so please uninstall the XMLTV import that you install by hand and install from the feed  EPGImport

opkg update
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimport

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #18 Rob3rt

• 590 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 6 April 2019 - 12:27

Extract for the FAQ's

* Where is the epgimport.log

Open the XMLTV importer.

Press now the Menu button on your remote.

Make the choice to see the log.

Now you see the log.  This log can be saved, and you find the saved fle in /tmp/

I don't have a save option in that menu, only a delete option

I have a VU+ ultimo 4K, so i also don't think it is a memory problem or performance problem, it is a very fast box i believe(top of the line), the box itself runs file, i have no performance issues what so ever.

About the image, it runs on openatv 6.2 image which as EPG import standard installed, i tried also openaptv 6.3, but the problem is the same.

Totally offtopic:

Why openatv, i simply love the beautiful interface (Metrix it is called i believe), the best one i have ever seen....

I did tried some clones on other images but they are simply not the same.

If this interface/theme would be available for other images i had no problem switch to an other image at all, tried a lot of images but after a while i simply miss the great interface and switch back again, but this issue is completely offttopic....

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #19 Rob3rt

• 590 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 6 April 2019 - 12:30

This is the OE-A version so it is XMLTV import (not EPG Import), in XMLTV import they try to implement the native IPV6 support.
This IPV6 implementation get troubles, this was highlighted by the check we put in place to avoid accessing wrong mirrors (LastUpdate.txt) in EPG Import, so instead of fixing it properly, they simply drop it.

Are you using an OpenPLi image?  If so please uninstall the XMLTV import that you install by hand and install from the feed  EPGImport

opkg update
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimport

If i open applecations it states: EPG importeur, not xmtv import

When i use 'delete' and look at the list it states:

epgimport (1.0+git200) to uninstall

So i think i already have epgimport instead of xmtv import, correct?

Re: A lot of import problems lately, import hangs on importing source ........ #20 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,005 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2019 - 13:26

You have clearly a problem with the OE-A version of epgimport  on a OpenATV image.

A problem which does not exist on OpenPLi.  Also the problem does not appear the be in the XMLTV files.  (data files)

Since all of us here use OpenPLi, I am afraid we cannot give a decent comment on how to resolve this problem.

The only good advise is to post your problem on a OpenATV forum.  Maybe some-one recognizes your problem.

Willy

Edited by doglover, 6 April 2019 - 13:40.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users