3 replies to this topic

#1 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,270 posts

+45
Good

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:10

Hello,

I'd like to ask is there a possibility to download dev images (not beta or RC i mean a images built from develop branch) without to compile it on its own.

I am asking this since i see there is some issues already three weeks with RC image and i'd like to test the new drivers for Vu+ with the OpenPli however i dont have possibility at the moment to set up a development environment on my own PC/Server.

Vu+DUO4KSE, DM920UHD, Vu+Uno4KSE, SF8008Mini, Vu+Solo2, Dreambox DM500HD, Triax 78 (7E,9E,13E,19.2E,23.5E) & Triax 78 (39E)

Re: Dev images? #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:35

No.

We used to have those online, then everyone (as in "end-users") started to install them, then started complaining on the forum that things didn't work or didn't work properly, or crashed after an update (logical, they installed an unstable develop image). In the end we had to spend more time on the forum than in the code, we got tired of that, and decided to remove them.

In general, people that want to run the bleeding edge and do so for development or test reasons, are also capable of building their own image.

Unfortunately, this decision means the good (those have genuine reasons for wanting to install a develop image) have to suffer due to the actions of the bad.

As for the RC, we've managed to sort out most of the issues, I had a complete and errorless build yesterday, so I expect a public RC soon.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Dev images? #3 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,270 posts

+45
Good

Posted 10 May 2019 - 14:06

I understand your point. I am not possible to set up development environment on my PC at the moment. I used to have but then i needed to reinstall my PC and i lost it ;)

Anyway since you said the RC will be public soon then that's fine for me :)

Thanks for explanations.

Vu+DUO4KSE, DM920UHD, Vu+Uno4KSE, SF8008Mini, Vu+Solo2, Dreambox DM500HD, Triax 78 (7E,9E,13E,19.2E,23.5E) & Triax 78 (39E)

Re: Dev images? #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2019 - 14:10

Some use an environment like virtualbox to build, so you can compile on your PC, but still keep everything separate from the rest of your PC.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users