14 replies to this topic

#1 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2019 - 10:14

....last week I lost almost an hour due (apart from the agony) to a UTP cable issue, then I found this

https://www.aliexpre...c7fe33a39eff277

seems a kinda nifty tool, where the utp passes through the rj45, that way you are "more" certain that all 8 are well connected. Now my question, does anyone have experience with such a tool eg. a certain brand and can advise me before I purchase one?

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #2 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,609 posts

+211
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2019 - 11:21

I do not remember that I had problem with wrong crimped classic RJ45 - and I made a hundreds of this cables...  I am using any standard crimpers, but for cutting I am using rather standallone side cutter than cutter on crimpers.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #3 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 1 June 2019 - 12:10

The passthrough connectors avoid the untwisting just as you are about to crimp.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #4 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 1 June 2019 - 12:51

Here, the only difference I see, are the rj45 connectors, that have an end-hole through which the 8 cables pass.

My standad crimper (I use these one https://www.screwfix...er-crimper.html ) would do the same if I had these holed connectors.

Edited by jpuigs, 1 June 2019 - 12:53.

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2019 - 12:57

I have the same tool, bought a few months ago from our national wire farmer  ;) but from, it seems, an original "quality" brand and not really that more expensive. The sad thing is that once I bought it, the need for it to use it was gone, so I haven't used it yet. So I can't tell really. :huh:

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #6 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2019 - 13:00

Here, the only difference I see, are the rj45 connectors, that have an end-hole through which the 8 cables pass.

My standad crimper (I use these one https://www.screwfix...er-crimper.html ) would do the same if I had these holed connectors.

Well not quite the same, I think, as the wires are cutted at same time as the crimping occurs.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #7 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,609 posts

+211
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2019 - 13:05

Yes, is better seen, if you at last moment swap wires (and it seems as good advertising), but I think, this 8 end-holes are next inputs for dust, humidity etc... I will stay with classic connectors :)

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #8 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2019 - 13:06

I have the same tool, bought a few months ago from our national wire farmer  ;) but from, it seems, an original "quality" brand and not really that more expensive. The sad thing is that once I bought it, the need for it to use it was gone, so I haven't used it yet. So I can't tell really. :huh:

Would have been nice to know what your experience was, for now I bought the tool and 100 pieces of rj45 cat 5e ;) I only have to wait for 2 weeks and hope it slips :ph34r: through customs (VAT)

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #9 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2019 - 13:08

Yes, is better seen, if you at last moment swap wires (and it seems as good advertising), but I think, this 8 end-holes are next inputs for dust, humidity etc... I will stay with classic connectors :)

Your reasoning about humidity and dust is sound, well in normal household, not in server rooms ;)

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #10 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2019 - 13:18

With the classic crimper, apart from loose connections of wrong sequence of wiring, the pull stools (trek-ontlasting) doesn't always go well...

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #11 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2019 - 13:47

Yes I agree and that's why I bought this one.

Besides the fact that I already had a fairly decent crimptool but it sometimes it failed to push the contact far enough in, which could lead to the contact not being made properly.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2019 - 14:39

Mine is at least 20 years old, think I've used it last around 2005 or so. I have a cable tester somewhere as well.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #13 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2019 - 16:01

With the classic crimper, apart from loose connections of wrong sequence of wiring, the pull stools (trek-ontlasting) doesn't always go well...

And besides this I always struggle with putting the right colors in the right hole. If I have to connect several UTP connectors I usually experience that the muscles in my fingers start to object so earlier I was already thinking of trying those Cat5 connecters but I doubted whether they would actually be of a better quality. So I will be patient how your experience will be. ;)

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #14 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 2 June 2019 - 07:44

E.T.A. 15 juni, but I do not know how certain that is in these times of the trading war, so I will report back a.s.a.p?

....to add to that, last week I used my LAN tester on a cable that was supposed to carry data at Gigabit speeds (=125MB/s) an here only 7 wires were connected, as the person never checked the lights on his unmanaged switch and as everything seemed to be working, he did not know he was limited to 10/100 instead of 1000, as only 2 pairs are needed (green and orange) for 10BaseT/100BaseT

Edited by 40H3X, 2 June 2019 - 07:47.

Re: Crimping Cable Stripper Crimper RJ45 #15 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 16 June 2019 - 15:22

Received it yesterday and I can say it works well.

2 benefits:

1. you can make the threads as long as you like, so to make the colors easier to order

2. then insert them exactly through the rj45 plug (you can also check that they are still in the correct order) so that the strain relief is positioned correctly on the outer sheath of the cable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users