Backup Zgemma h7 e h9

zgemma h7 e h9 backup

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 11 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 frasham

• 2 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 5 juni 2019 - 22:27

Good evening, it's the first time I use your software and I want to congratulate you because it's the fastest of all, but I'm finding a big problem in making the backup. I've always used software manager and I've never had problems but with openpli it doesn't work. i have 2 decoders arm a zgemma h9 and a h7.
H9 I always made a full backup with software manager that took about a minute and instead on h7 I always made the backup recovery to make it complete but I'm not succeeding with any of the 2. I save only the data and the folders then to pass the backup in another decoder I must first put the original software and then pass all the data. I'm not managing to find a guide on the net. can you please help me? I'd like to make the backup as you do it all directly in a disk.img file.

Re: Backup Zgemma h7 e h9 #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68588 berichten

+1738
Excellent

Geplaatst op 5 juni 2019 - 23:43

OpenPLi doesn't have a full backup option built-in (as in a backup that produces an image file you can flash again). But there are plugins that can do that.

We believe it is (for virtually all users) pointless making a full backup, as all you need is your configuration, the rest can be restored by flashing the image again. You can find "Autobackup" in the setup menu, which provides exactly that. If you flash OpenPLi and an "autobackup" backup is found, on disk or on a USB disk, you are automatically prompted to restore it when the box boots after the flash.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Backup Zgemma h7 e h9 #3 Dimmie

• 2338 berichten

+33
Good

Geplaatst op 5 juni 2019 - 23:43

Use backupsuite.

Re: Backup Zgemma h7 e h9 #4 ercocco

• 5 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 6 juni 2019 - 12:33

OpenPLi doesn't have a full backup option built-in (as in a backup that produces an image file you can flash again). But there are plugins that can do that.

We believe it is (for virtually all users) pointless making a full backup, as all you need is your configuration, the rest can be restored by flashing the image again. You can find "Autobackup" in the setup menu, which provides exactly that. If you flash OpenPLi and an "autobackup" backup is found, on disk or on a USB disk, you are automatically prompted to restore it when the box boots after the flash.

No other image integrates an option for full backup, and it is always necessary to download a secondary plug-in, often in order to get a complete backup. On your server you have "backusuite" a plug-in that works for this purpose and that works properly. with other boxes that are not (ARM) .. You say that you need to download a non-integrated plug, and then a third party, but I don't think you are making it available and you don't even say what it would be. I seem to understand that your image is an "opensource" or maybe you want to make it become a paid service, as do some other teams that stupidly sell the image with integrated and armored modules? .. I'm using your image for the reason the friend wrote, but these are your intentions, abandonment immediately!

Re: Backup Zgemma h7 e h9 #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68588 berichten

+1738
Excellent

Geplaatst op 6 juni 2019 - 12:45

I have no idea what you are on about, and what I said to deserve a response in that tone. It looks like you didn't understand a word I wrote.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Backup Zgemma h7 e h9 #6 ercocco

• 5 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 6 juni 2019 - 16:59

I believe I have not offended you in the first person, then by this impression, I apologize .. I believe that if a user asks a specific question on a forum he deserves a concrete answer and does not wander ... the question was clear and yes talk about backup, you can't answer that only some users need this option, you could have written that you don't know but that there would be this other option or that you know and explain it, so you have closed all hope to a new user looks at a new image and even specified it ... this is the official openpli forum or am I wrong?

Re: Backup Zgemma h7 e h9 #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68588 berichten

+1738
Excellent

Geplaatst op 6 juni 2019 - 17:11

It was the users first post, so I made the assumption it was a novice OpenPLi user. I have no information on his/her history, nor why the users feels a full backup is neccesary.

I merely stated that, in our opinion, there is virtually never a need for a full backup. So if the user just wants a a backup, a full backup, no matter with whatever tool, is the wrong suggestion.

Users that really do require a full backup generally tend to install lots of non-standard stuff, and those users are knowledgable enough to find and install the appropriate plugin without asking.

Yes, my assumption might be wrong, but in that case that is for the TS to say, and not for you.

Re: Backup Zgemma h7 e h9 #8 twol

• 444 berichten

+15
Neutral

Geplaatst op 6 juni 2019 - 18:42

No other image integrates an option for full backup, and it is always necessary to download a secondary plug-in, often in order to get a complete backup. On your server you have "backusuite" a plug-in that works for this purpose and that works properly. with other boxes that are not (ARM) .. You say that you need to download a non-integrated plug, and then a third party, but I don't think you are making it available and you don't even say what it would be. I seem to understand that your image is an "opensource" or maybe you want to make it become a paid service, as do some other teams that stupidly sell the image with integrated and armored modules? .. I'm using your image for the reason the friend wrote, but these are your intentions, abandonment immediately!
Even the 1st paragraph is wrong ..... most images offer a full image backup

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: Backup Zgemma h7 e h9 #9 frasham

• 2 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 6 juni 2019 - 22:11

Thanks for giving me a beginner, for me it's not an offense. I wrote that I have always worked with other images and now I have tried the OpenPli and I like it because it's faster. can you please explain to me how to make a full backup? because I tried with all the plugins that you make available.
Thank you

Re: Backup Zgemma h7 e h9 #10 Dimmie

• 2338 berichten

+33
Good

Geplaatst op 7 juni 2019 - 00:32

Use backupsuite

As explained in this topic: https://forums.openp...on-zgemma-h92h/

Re: Backup Zgemma h7 e h9 #11 Fastext

• 1 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 17 januari 2020 - 15:38

Zgemma H9 Twin:Plugin Bacfup suit не работает! Другие плагины по созданию полной резервной копии на фиде  не работают!Как исправить?

Backupsuite does not work! Other plugins to create a full backup on the feed do not work! How to fix it?

Veranderd door Frenske, 17 januari 2020 - 16:19
Please only in English here.

Re: Backup Zgemma h7 e h9 #12 darwinism

• 4 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 31 maart 2020 - 15:54

Zgemma H9 Twin:Plugin Bacfup suit не работает! Другие плагины по созданию полной резервной копии на фиде  не работают!Как исправить?

Backupsuite does not work! Other plugins to create a full backup on the feed do not work! How to fix it?

Download Automatic Full Backup (Plug-ins - green buton). It does the job like the Acronis on the PC. You can restore the full image with your settings exactly as those were the moment you created the backup.

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers