URL streams and remote channel stream converter

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 9 June 2019 - 11:03

I have several enigma2 receivers, of which a HD2400 with 4 tuners (DVB-c and S) in the living room. This 2400 is the "main" box and on this box I made a bouquet containing my favourite channels which I periodically edit with new or stopped channels. After editing I import this bouquet also to the other receivers using the remote channel stream converter functionality (so this favourite bouquet is on all boxes).

This works great in importing DVB-C/S channels, but direct internet streams in the bouquet are not imported (and I need to add them manually on each client box). Would it be possible to adapt the converter so that it also recognizes these streams and imports them also (of course without converting, because these url's can be used directly by the clients as they have a network/internet connection)?

Mutant HD2400, OpenPLi nightly, 2x DVB-C & 2x DVB-S

Mutant HD51, OpenPLi nightly, 1x DVB-C & 1x DVB-S

Wavefrontier T55 (Astra 1,2,3 en HB)

Smartcards Ziggo (Irdeto) and CDS (Seca) on Oscam

Re: URL streams and remote channel stream converter #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 9 June 2019 - 11:09

Wouldn't it be easier to use the sync functionality of the fallback tuner? That is what I do, I also maintain the channels on one box, fallback sync takes care of the rest. 

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: URL streams and remote channel stream converter #3 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 9 June 2019 - 11:21

Wouldn't it be easier to use the sync functionality of the fallback tuner? That is what I do, I also maintain the channels on one box, fallback sync takes care of the rest. 

Never really looked at it to be honest (as I always used the remote stream channel converter). I shall have a look in configuring it (using https://wiki.openpli...nPLi_7.0_and_up i presume). But maybe still worth to have a look at (for keeping the functionality up to date, as I think it was created when internet streams were less common and therefore not taken into account).

Re: URL streams and remote channel stream converter #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 9 June 2019 - 11:26

Remote Stream converter was made by a team member that has since long left the team, and as similar functionality is now part of Enigma, it is no longer maintained. So if you want that, you'll need to find a volunteer...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: URL streams and remote channel stream converter #5 twol

• 444 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 9 June 2019 - 11:40

@Dream1975 - the RSCC plugin was very useful but has been overtaken by more automatic modes e.g. I don‘t know if OpenPli has it, but most people that I know of use a client/server setup provided by some images where the client on boot up or once day, automatically imports all bouquets from the server box..... means that you can have a cheaper box with limited configuration running as a genuine client. E.g. I have 3 client boxes running into a Gigablue 4K and I only ever change/update the Giga4K‘s bouquets.

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: URL streams and remote channel stream converter #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 9 June 2019 - 11:51

That is exactly what I described ( and do ) ;)

Re: URL streams and remote channel stream converter #7 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:41

I have setup below configuration in fallback tuner on a client. I, however, am not getting any bouquets/channels from the master.

If I use RCST to import from the master, and then go to red in the channel list I see all services available on the master and if I select a channel that isn't in my bouquet (and is grey) it does show the channel (and didn't before I setup the fallback tuner), so it does work for the selecting/streaming part only it is not importing the bouquets/channels.

What do I miss? Ps. I do have authentication on in Openwebif, could it be this has something to do with it (that it can't retrieve the bouquets/channels because in the background authentication might be required)?

Attached Files

Re: URL streams and remote channel stream converter #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:36

The only thing I know about RSC is that it needs ftp to be operational. Did you check that?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: URL streams and remote channel stream converter #9 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:01

Did you set a password and userid on openwebif? If so set the last switch in the config. Does Rsc has openwebif?

Edited by littlesat, 10 June 2019 - 10:01.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users