Terrestial channel search

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:46

I have now experiance with a terrestial box... tricky! I have actaully been on the way to write two long posts about it, but stop my self and try to understand. I think one part of the problem is bad signal (I normally don't use T at home). However here comes some questions:

At fresh installation I can do an automatic search (and leave the "all" setting, location). It comes up a page where I can select if tuner B should be searched. Yes, I want that. However I want also tuner C (tuner A is a sat and disabled).

1) Why isn't tuner C also possible to select?
I think I had it once, a couple of weeks ago and it did two search after each other.

2) Is it possible to select that tuner C should be the same as tuner B (i.e. same channel list)?
As it is possible with satellite tuners.

3) What does the "All" button in channel list view do?
I thought show all channels, no mater what. But I have actually got less channels after press All, but don't understand why.

PS. Or maybe it is enough to search only one tuner (sorry, I haven't tested that yet - need to record many events at the same time).

Re: Terrestial channel search #2 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:17

2) Is it possible to select that tuner C should be the same as tuner B (i.e. same channel list)?

You select a channel, Enigma2 will select the tuner that can view the service. The channel list is lamedb, everything is in there. You only need to search with one tuner. Manual scan has more control than automatic scan

3) What does the "All" button in channel list view do?
I thought show all channels, no mater what. But I have actually got less channels after press All, but don't understand why.

When viewing services, there are several methods of viewing/sorting them. Provider, orbital position, current transponder, cable or terrestrial. All is just all of them sorted by type (TV or radio). Data services are excluded.

I suppose your question is how do I know which service is on Terrestrial an and which is on satellite. When the service list is shown, press men, enable the service type icon.

Re: Terrestial channel search #3 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:20

If B and C are the same type of tuner, E2 will not scan on both during an automatic as the result will be the same.

Re: Terrestial channel search #4 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 17 June 2019 - 15:41

Aha, E2 take for granted that both T tuners have the same signal! That what the basic knowledge I didn't have. Now I understand and it will be much easier.

About the All button. I guess maybe this was when doing search on second T tuner - I don't know. For now it seems to doing correct, show all channels.

Re: Terrestial channel search #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2019 - 15:47

It gets worse, E2 doesn't have any support for multiple T networks, so multiple T tuners are useless.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Terrestial channel search #6 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 21 June 2019 - 16:18

Unless you want to watch multiple services at the same time.

And this also goes for DVB-C.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Terrestial channel search #7 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2019 - 18:08

I got little worried after the latests posts, but it seems to be possible to use twin tuner for terrest.

but... need to use CAM and it makes life difficult!

Should it be possible to watch recordings that are scrambled, i.e. not descrambled at recording? The CAM need to be used while playback.

PS. I notice tha offline descrambling in the menu in the filelist. However doesn't work good at all (only 2 minutes descrambled, or nothing).

Re: Terrestial channel search #8 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,605 posts

+210
Excellent

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:33

Use box with dual DVB-T tuner - no problem.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Terrestial channel search #9 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:17

I have twin (dual) T-tuner. Because of the descrambling used by the operator, a CAM (CI+) is required with OpenPLi. I now realize that I don't have all channels, so maybe I have bad signal. I need to check this out (normally I don't use terrest at home, this is test I do for a friend).

However it would be good to know if it should be possible to descramble at playback, or if this isn't supported with OpenPLi.

Re: Terrestial channel search #10 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,605 posts

+210
Excellent

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:19

I cannot test it, I have all 85 services free ...

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Terrestial channel search #11 ricki

• 571 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:59

I have twin (dual) T-tuner. Because of the descrambling used by the operator, a CAM (CI+) is required with OpenPLi. I now realize that I don't have all channels, so maybe I have bad signal. I need to check this out (normally I don't use terrest at home, this is test I do for a friend).

However it would be good to know if it should be possible to descramble at playback, or if this isn't supported with OpenPLi.

Let me guess you don't have

This Hd channels are missing

Nät 6
Kanal 22 Frekvens 482 MHz

TV3 HD  TV4 HD  SVT1 HD  SVT2 HD

Re: Terrestial channel search #12 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:09

Well these channels and more, but not that frequency. I actually miss Nät 5, 6 and 7 (three mux).

Oh no, how was it with auto search - only T (and not T2)... I don't remember now. However I now did manual search on the transponderchannels (mux) of the two transmitters I can reach signal from. I selected T2 (and also try Auto)... no luck, no channels at all.

Re: Terrestial channel search #13 ricki

• 571 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:32

Try this manual search

post-3-0-13180000-1557928202_thumb.jpg

SET PLP ID= 001

Re: Terrestial channel search #14 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 24 June 2019 - 16:39

Sorry, could not read your picture. However I modify the terrestrial.xml file and got one more mux, still missing two.

I am not sure how I should write in the file. It is so many different options and already different ways written. I did like this (and the system=1 for the mux I think is T2).
<transponder centre_frequency="522000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" plp_id="1" system="0"/>

Ooops, it turned out that one more mux was T2 (I did a manual search and found it with auto type). So now only one mux missing, but that is little special frekvency. Maybe my antenna cannot receive it good.

Why cannot an auto-search search all and do auto for all parameters?

Re: Terrestial channel search #15 ricki

• 571 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 24 June 2019 - 16:43

Post 44

https://forums.openp...-openpli/page-3

Edited by ricki, 24 June 2019 - 16:44.

Re: Terrestial channel search #16 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:27

Thanks (network scan = yes), I have forgot that... however didn't help. I have now measure with spectrum analyzer and at 500-700 MHz I can see transmitters, but at 100-300 I cannot. It is a VHF mux the box doesn't find. I check specification of antenna and amplifier and they should be able to handle that frequency. This isn't importsant for me, so I don't spend more time on it.

PS. I also read something about 7MHz for VHF (instead of 8MHz in UHF band), however I haven't been able to confirm this yet.

Re: Terrestial channel search #17 ricki

• 571 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:41

Post 44, try setting like on picture exept,  PLP ID set to  001

Re: Terrestial channel search #18 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:38

Tested, no success. Also with 7 and 8 MHz. However since I cannot see any transmitter with spectrum analyzer. I don't think I have any signal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users