Forums

»

HBBTV doesn’t work on Gigablue UHD Quad 4K

ricki's Photo ricki 4 Jul 2019

Get error message when starting hbbtv-gb

"Frame load interrupted by policy change"

Can it be fixed please?

Frenske's Photo Frenske 4 Jul 2019

I’m afraid this is due to some changes in the way HBBTV of that specific channel is broadcasted. These things return every once in a while. I don’t think we will be able to fix this. There’s a reason why we dislike these kind of plugins. ;)

Version 1.0 (1.0-r1.0) work

Pli version 1.0 (1.0-r2.0) dont work

Edited by ricki, 4 July 2019 - 11:54.

I would’t have a clue why ‘our’ version doesn’t work.
On which channel are you trying to watch HBBTV?

Ard ,ZDF

And which box so I might be able to test it myself?

Gigablue UHD Quad 4K

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 4 Jul 2019

The HbbTV plugin is build from the BSP, which is supplied by Gigablue, and produces:

-rwxrwsr--. 1 root openpli   156238 Jun 19 05:57 enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv-gb_1.0-r2.0_gbquad4k.ipk

so if that doesn't work, Gigablue has to fix it.

Gigablue plugins Version 1.0 (1.0-r1.0) work

Yes, and?

The above still applies, Gigablue changed it from r1 to r2 on Nov 14th 2018: https://github.com/G...48d96d63c559efa

Wonder why the use Version 1.0 (1.0-r1.0) in download?

There is no 1.0-r1.0 of the GB plugin in the download. There may be other HbbTV plugins available though, via the 3rd-party feed for example. 

Im no expert, when flashed teamblue-6.3-gbquad4k-20190610_usb

Installing hbbtv iv got Version 1.0 (1.0-r1.0) and it work.

When I install Windows on my PC I also have other applications available then when I install Linux. So what is your point?

The HbbTV plugin is provided by the manufacturer, not by us. We don't control it, so if it doesn't work, the manufacturer needs to fix it.

Sorry wont disturb you again.

littlesat's Photo littlesat 4 Jul 2019

HbbTV is a terrible plugin... they work, each manufacturer has it's own deviated solution... and then they suddenly stop working... 

And than it is not real added value.. especially in the Netherlands were they're using now DMR even on public TV -so- you can only use apps on GoogleChrome, some latest model Smart-TVs or AppleTV...

Edited by littlesat, 4 July 2019 - 13:45.

Im no expert, when flashed teamblue-6.3-gbquad4k-20190610_usb
Installing hbbtv iv got Version 1.0 (1.0-r1.0) and it work.

Remarks like this aren't really helpful. I drive an Opel and you would reply like I have a BMW and there it does work.
Wanwizard tried to explain that the GB BSP is maintained by GB and not by us. Other teams might maintain all BSP’s themself but not with OpenPLi. This should be the responsibility of the manufacturer. At least in our opinion.

In the case of HbbTV, we don't have the source, so even if we wanted to, we can't.

mimisiku's Photo mimisiku 4 Jul 2019

Due to constant 'haressment' on the content-provider's side I have decided to abandon HbbTV altogether. Same with OpenUitzendingGemist (OUG). Constant changes and abandoning standards. They can keep their HbbTV and stick it where the sun don't shine..
If I need something I will download it from the net.. Easy, no commercials and no fuss winding/rewinding...

I couldn’t agree more. ;)