Photo

OpenPLi 7.1 - doesn't mount Exfat HDD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 andelun

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 August 2019 - 09:43

My Formuler1 with OpenPLI 7.1 installed doesn't mount my exFAT external HDD. When I partion the HDD into 4 partitions each 1TB it also doesn't mount.

When I connect another external HDD, exFAT and 250GB, then there is no problem.

With MacOS I can mount the 4TB HDD. With Ubuntu I also can mount the 4TB HDD.

How can I fix this?

Re: OpenPLi 7.1 - doesn't mount Exfat HDD #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 4 August 2019 - 10:53

It might be some weird limitation of the F1. I don‘t owe the combination so I can‘t test.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: OpenPLi 7.1 - doesn't mount Exfat HDD #3 andelun

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 August 2019 - 11:07

I used Ubuntu to format the HDD into ext4. With Terminal I changed the privileges and gave read and write access to the parent folder and the child objects within. After that I could copy files to the HDD.

But after connecting it to my Formuler1 the HDD still would not mount. Under OpenPLI 4 the hdd would mount. It is only after updating to OpenPLI 7.1 I can't mount it.

Strange.

Re: OpenPLi 7.1 - doesn't mount Exfat HDD #4 ccs

• 229 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 4 August 2019 - 11:16

… I'm confused, you've mentioned exFAT and ext4. Are you saying both don't work?

Edited by ccs, 4 August 2019 - 11:17.

test

Re: OpenPLi 7.1 - doesn't mount Exfat HDD #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 4 August 2019 - 11:37

Or does it mount only one partition? Or does it mount all partions but maybe not where you expect them?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPLi 7.1 - doesn't mount Exfat HDD #6 Pike_Bishop

• 1,116 posts

+72
Good

Posted 4 August 2019 - 20:19

without output from commands mount , blkid, df -h, in telnet or ssh we will never know.

Receiver: VU Ultimo 4K, Octagon SF8008 4K, Gigablue Quad 4K

Image: OpenPLI-8.3

Re: OpenPLi 7.1 - doesn't mount Exfat HDD #7 andelun

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 August 2019 - 22:01

I used Ubuntu to format the HDD into ext4. With Terminal I changed the privileges and gave read and write access to the parent folder and the child objects within. After that I could copy files to the HDD.

But after connecting it to my Formuler1 the HDD still would not mount. Under OpenPLI 4 the hdd would mount. It is only after updating to OpenPLI 7.1 I can't mount it.

Strange.

I used another HDD, 3TB and formatted it exFAT and named it 'movies'. Connected it to the Formuler1 and it mounted. So I guess it has to be the way the 4TB HDD was formatted.

So I logged in with my Mac to Formuler1 as a server, and could choose between the options 'root', 'EFI' and 'movies'. I had formatted it 'movies' with 1 partition but when logged in as a server there also was a partition named 'EFI'. When I logged in with my Mac to Formuler1 with the 4TB HDD connected I only could choose between the options 'root' and 'movies'. No 'EFI'.

When I formatted the 4TB HDD again I could still not mount it but when logged in as a server there was no EFI.

What is wrong with the 4TB HDD that makes I can't mount it?

Re: OpenPLi 7.1 - doesn't mount Exfat HDD #8 andelun

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 August 2019 - 08:35

Question closed. Thanks for helping. The problem has to be the 4TB HDD. As another HDD could be mounted it has nothing to do with either OpenPLI 7.1 nor the Formuler1 set topbox.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users