a few .py´s and two core files need to be updated
https://github.com/o...afb349686a99983

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56229 berichten

+691
Excellent

Geplaatst op 28 augustus 2019 - 18:02

Please don’t add such extra settings and twinkels.... actually it looks maybe good but does not have a real added value... actually it is nice we have 20 channels at least in the list... much more practically. Personally I’ll not enable it ;).
In that patch I’m afraid by accident some changes from a previous commit were removed (hide number markers)
If I see a clean commit on our git I consider to merge it.

Veranderd door littlesat, 28 augustus 2019 - 18:17

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68517 berichten

+1734
Excellent

Geplaatst op 28 augustus 2019 - 18:49

Twinkels? ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56229 berichten

+691
Excellent

Geplaatst op 28 augustus 2019 - 19:15

But when users want this twinkle we should add it... is someone offer us a merge request...

The float of a bool here looks for me a bit wierd...

Veranderd door littlesat, 29 augustus 2019 - 06:54

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #5 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1321 berichten

+46
Good

Geplaatst op 29 augustus 2019 - 08:15

Personally i think that this is very convenient option. And at least it will be option and will give much more good look to the service list. Besides there will be more space to show the current event description.

I think there should be such an option.

About the code.... well the changeset given above seems a bit complex and i think there is some stuff that should not be there.

When i have a bit free time and if someone dont do it first i may revise the code and offer a pull request on develop branch.

Vu+DUO4KSE, DM920UHD, Vu+Uno4KSE, SF8008Mini, Vu+Solo2, Dreambox DM500HD, Triax 78 (7E,9E,13E,19.2E,23.5E) & Triax 78 (39E)

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56229 berichten

+691
Excellent

Geplaatst op 29 augustus 2019 - 09:07

I see some tiny mistakes here... How does it look in the provider (standard) list? And some declaration is missing.

Why does he also relocate the recording indicator?

And it has a weird construction to change a bool to a float then do a calculation and convert back to an integer... while int(False) or int(True) also works in python and just give a fixed value with 2 if config.value else 1 also works...?

Attached my diff so far... (but untested - not compiled yet - just dry hammering by watching to the code), maybe someone is willing to look at it/adapt it/test it/fix it.

Note that my diff does only contain stuff that is related to the two line feature. No replacement of the recording icon and also no shuffling of service list configuration options. So this diff looks less complex.

Hopefully with a bit of help we also can add this twinkly feature...

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

• Bijlage  diff.diff   9,52K   9 Aantal bijlagen

Veranderd door littlesat, 29 augustus 2019 - 09:15

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #7 Taykun345

• 1297 berichten

+41
Good

Geplaatst op 29 augustus 2019 - 13:27

It could be useful, you can then actually see current channel event in full if channel name itself is long.

Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56229 berichten

+691
Excellent

Geplaatst op 29 augustus 2019 - 13:34

Would be real twinkly when it is not a config, but you can switch between normal and this quickly via a button click when you are in the list... (eg teletext button?)

Veranderd door littlesat, 29 augustus 2019 - 13:35

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #9 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56229 berichten

+691
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 september 2019 - 00:10

Sorry I reverted this feature because at the end it looks ugly (e.g. when you have a list without EPG)... it shows a lot of empty not used space... So personally and all some others of the team do not see the real added value...

https://github.com/O...768d9ca46878d32

Veranderd door littlesat, 1 september 2019 - 00:10

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #10 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2434 berichten

+61
Good

Geplaatst op 1 september 2019 - 00:27

Thank you for spending the time invested in implementing it. And thank you also for reverting it.

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #11 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4242 berichten

+158
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 september 2019 - 00:30

Thanks for reverting this "feature". It just wastes screen space duplicating info that is already on the screen. This is a channel list and should display as many channels as possible. This feature means half the screen is wasted. It is just code bloat for no useful purpose. If people want to look at EPG data they should be looking at an EPG screen, not the channel list.

Looks awful too.

Bijlage  2.jpg   93,43K   5 Aantal bijlagen

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #12 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1491 berichten

+51
Good

Geplaatst op 1 september 2019 - 04:48

Hi Littlesat,

We appreciate that you tested this change proposal but it was not well thought out and it is appropriate to revert the change.

The ChannelSelection screen is meant to give users an overview of the services available and not yet another EPG view.  For those users who wanted the full title displayed on the second line that information is already available in the event details part of the screen.  For those users who want a visual break or separation between the service and the event this is already possible in the current code:

Bijlage  Sample.jpg   183,28K   6 Aantal bijlagen

(Turn on "Show columns" mode.)

When I view the ChannelSelection screen I want to be presented with as many services as possible per screen.  This way I can find what I want to watch without all the screen scrolling.  This change significantly reduced the number of services that can be displayed per screen.

On a more technical side this change has implications for the skins used with Enigma2.  While some skins may not need to be changed others will need some attention.  For those of you who say that the new code is optional, that is not totally true.  The changes have been added in a place that should be reduced and not expanded.  (The area of the code modified is not in line with current Enigma2 design and coding standards.)  The code, for those who don't use it, is bloat.  Bloat code often quickly turns into code rot that complicates and confuses future enhancements.  Having unused or little used code in the system is something that we should be trying to avoid at all costs.

My 2 cents worth.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #13 mrvica

• 1224 berichten

+81
Good

Geplaatst op 1 september 2019 - 07:35

with TXT then switch between normal and column mode would be a nice feature

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #14 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56229 berichten

+691
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 september 2019 - 08:36

That is exactly what I’m planning to do... with txt button switch from column to ‘condensed’ view.... that might be a real added value.
Actually when someone has much free time actually the complete channelselection/servicelist need to be rewritten thinks are in cpp that should not be there as it is ui stuff... but as usual a lot of e2 can be rewritten that way. Another thing I hate is the way network is made and software update.... and pip... uuuh I hope soon I make something like movie op pip.... that is something ‘sinple’ as far I know no image can do.

Veranderd door littlesat, 1 september 2019 - 08:45

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #15 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1491 berichten

+51
Good

Geplaatst op 1 september 2019 - 09:16

Hi Mrvica,

with TXT then switch between normal and column mode would be a nice feature

Once you enable "Column mode" why would you switch back?  Again this seems to be a option looking for a need.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #16 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6070 berichten

+257
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 september 2019 - 11:04

@IanSav,

It is just a question of feeling, personally I dislike the column mode because it truncate information (the channel name for exemple) you seems to be lucky that all your channel name fits into the column view. So I prefer to have the channel followed by the TV show title.

Exemple:

National Geographic

National Geographic Wild

BEIN SPORTS MAX 1

BEIN SPORTS MAX 2

Quite long TV channel name that in column view are truncated and you cannot make distinction between channels or you need to place the focus on it 

So a fast toggle between column mode and continuous mode can make sense. ;-)

Having the TV show truncated is less annoying since by placing the focus on it you have the full string below the PiG window.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #17 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1491 berichten

+51
Good

Geplaatst op 1 september 2019 - 13:38

Hi Pr2,

Is there no setting of the column width that makes the display acceptable?  I can see that the circumstances you highlight are different and warrant support, particularly if none of the available widths suit.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #18 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6070 berichten

+257
Excellent

Geplaatst op 1 september 2019 - 18:47

If you increase too much the column size then you really have the TV show title too much truncated.

And with the small channel name this gives also an ugly feeling, so on my side I don't use the column approach. :-)

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #19 mrvica

• 1224 berichten

+81
Good

Geplaatst op 27 april 2022 - 16:53

Two lines and next event in the channel selector list (#2747) · OpenPLi/enigma2@531f239 · GitHub

how to change the color of next event selected when you activate two lines in channel selection

foregroundColorNextEvent="yellow" -> working

foregroundColorEventNextSelected= "white" -> not working, still grey like in screenshot, could be transposed words failure, logically foregroundColorNextEventSeleted -> not working, any idea

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

Veranderd door mrvica, 27 april 2022 - 16:54

Re: Channel Selection Service List - 2 lines per entry #20 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4242 berichten

+158
Excellent

Geplaatst op 27 april 2022 - 22:13

In ServiceList.py try this:

def foregroundColorEventNextSelected(value):
			self.l.setColor(eListboxServiceContent.eventNextForegroundSelected, parseColor(value))

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers