Photo

Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 10 September 2019 - 15:08

Hi,

I'm doing tests with my old Et9200 to use it sometimes. It doesn't work all the day, I start it electrically a few hours a day but it never deletes old timers and the files in the trash. Does it do the deletions at a particular time of the day? A time when it's off?

Thank you :) .

Vu+ Ultimo 4K - OpenPli 8.3

Xtrend ET9200 - OpenPli 6.2

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #2 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 10 September 2019 - 15:34

I don’t exactly know. I think only when a timer or recording starts.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #3 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 10 September 2019 - 15:44

The box executes 2 timers every day (for the tests) and the old timer is not deleted.

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 10 September 2019 - 16:07

How is it configured (Record in Expert settings, see "Remove completed timers after (days)" and "Remove items from trash after (days)")?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #5 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 10 September 2019 - 16:37

Is it a repeated timer?
Just looked in the source. It seems when it is a repeated timer the cleanup is not performed.
Can you add a single timer, to test whether that helps?
And clenaup is executed when a timer stops.

Edited by betacentauri, 10 September 2019 - 16:37.

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #6 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 10 September 2019 - 17:06

And trash should be deleted here:
https://github.com/O...rdTimer.py#L376
As WanWizard said it depends on the setting.
I don’t know the code very good, but according to the comment it seems it is executed when the timer creates the file name. So for every recording it should be executed.

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #7 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:11

I've done 3 timers for the tests : 2 are repetitive and 1 was unique. The unique one ended the August 23 and it hadn't disappeared. The 2 repetitive timers run every day.

In the parameters, the old timers are deleted after 8 days and the files in the trash can after 8 days.

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #8 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2019 - 13:02

Files in trash are not deleted automatically I think, it is like in Windows you need to ask to empty the trash.

Press Menu when on the trash folder and choose empty.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #9 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2019 - 13:21

No, they are deleted after x days like specified in the config... Well, that should happen.

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #10 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2019 - 13:44

No, they are deleted after x days like specified in the config... Well, that should happen.

This is how it should work but earlier we were informed that this wasn't working properly. Apparently in your situation it is. Nice to know. I don't mind to clean up that specific folder once in a while.

Timers that have been executed are at the bottom of the timerlist and can be removed with the blue button.(cleanup timers)

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #11 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2019 - 14:20

At least I know that it worked in the past.

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2019 - 15:44

Files in trash are not deleted automatically I think, it is like in Windows you need to ask to empty the trash.

Press Menu when on the trash folder and choose empty.

I think it depends on where your Trash is.

A trash folder is created on every file system you have available, but I'm pretty sure (without looking at the code) Enigma doesn't scan them all, it only checks the trash folder on the filesystem that holds your recording location.

So if you navigate to an USB stick or a NAS mount, and you delete something there, it will not be deleted automatically if your recording location is your local harddisk...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #13 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 11 September 2019 - 18:13

No, when I used regularly my Et9000/Et9200 with an internal disk and with an USB key, the trash cans on the hard disk and on the USB key were automatically cleaned, and it's the same thing with the Vu+ now. And the old timers were always cleaned.

As it's the first time I see this problem in 8 years of using Pli and as the Et9200 does it with with several Pli versions, I wonder if Pli deletes old files and old timers at a specific hours because I never switch off my Vu+ and I never switched off the Et9000 when I used it while I switched off the Et9200 every day now. I switch on it only for tests.

Perhaps because I've done a virtual link to the USB key, then I can see it in the movie subdirectories.

Edited by sjlouis, 11 September 2019 - 18:15.

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #14 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 11 September 2019 - 18:27

Frenske, it's not dramatic to delete these files manually but as I was surprised, I should want to know why it doesn't work well any more ;) .

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #15 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2019 - 18:31

The "trash" cleanup happens on local disks:

BEFORE starting a recording: Only on available disk space. It will remove the oldest recordings until the requested free space is available.

AFTER recording: When no more recordings are running, it removes all deleted recordings that have expired.

This way, there's no periodic wake-up and unnecessary spinning of the harddisk, since it clears the trash when the disk is active anyway.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Is there an hour when the box deletes old timers and trahs files ? #16 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 16 September 2019 - 15:27

I've done other tests and the box was running for several hours and it seems to me it deleted some files but not the timer. When the box ran only a few hours, no file was deleted.

But as I've done tests with Pli 4 and Pli 6.2, I don't know which version seems to work better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users