Enigma Signal Meter

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 16 September 2019 - 14:18

Use your phone or tablet to align your satellite dish by reading signal levels from Enigma 1 or Enigma2 satellite receiver.

esm.gif

SUPPORTS ALL currently existing Enigma1 and Enigma2 receivers and images, has same interface for both versions and works remotely (just forward HTTP port and you can connect from anywhere). 
Additionally it allows you to ZAP channels, take screenshots and watch live TV streams directly on your device. SatFinder for Dreambox, VU+ and many others.
Application is ADS FREE.

Awailable for FREE download.

appstore.png play.png

Informations & support: https://krkadoni.com/

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #2 bumperbee

• 282 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 17 September 2019 - 00:07

Thank you for this wonderful app, could you make one for Dvb-T2 signal please?

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #3 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:07

Actually, app already does it. If you look more closely in the video DVBT is first bouquet in my list. Works like any other channel.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 17 September 2019 - 15:07

Nice application thanks... and fast!!!

Also nice that you can play video via VLC... would be nice if this could be somehow better embedded and also having stream(down)converter embedded with somehow entering the bandwidth parameters you wish... then it also may become a good 'remote viewer'

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #5 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 17 September 2019 - 17:01

Thank you!

That's a good question. Application still supports both Enigma1 and Enigma2.

As far as I know there are no options to set stream parameters on Enigma1? Please do correct me if I'm wrong. 

On Enigma2 I know there are some parameters, but didn't look that much into it since 

- most of devices now have transcoding and app supports it.

- it's not really core functionality

But hey, if someone would make a nice pull request I would consider it.

https://krkadoni.com...ve-xyz-function

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #6 el bandido

• 360 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 17 September 2019 - 21:27

Very Nice app. Thanks!
My only complaint or comment is it is pretty useless for adjusting a dish precisely on a strong transponder. It would be much better if the signal audio could read in db instead of percent.  100% SNR is 15db on my receiver, and many transponders are stronger than that. The graph stays pegged at 100 percent a lot. Would also help to show db in tenths or hundredths, such as 15.03 db.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #7 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 18 September 2019 - 21:41

I've already changed dB to decimal, next version will have it.
All of your remarks and suggestions are valid, and you're not only one pointing that out. Only potential problem is that moste people expect SNR, or they're just used to it in previous versions.
I could make a settings page to choose what you want snr or db, but that seems like a overkill for one setting, and not really sure where to put menu item.Also that setting does nothing on Enigma1, which is not that transparent.
If i set the app to read numbers from current view (circular), again confusing and not transparent.
I'm really open to ideas.

And, thanks for support.
If possible please rate the app. Thanks!

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #8 janejak

• 284 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2019 - 00:10

I don't get it to work om ny DM900 i get å error to connet

78fa7d9cb100b1a324b30683dfcc1269.jpg

Sent fra min PCT-L29 via Tapatalk

Edited by janejak, 19 September 2019 - 00:12.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #9 el bandido

• 360 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:49

Your app rating is done.
I think adding an option to make the audio speak or say the db reading would be nice. OR have the audio say the value in % , then immediately say the value in db. Do not know how well that would sound without trying it, but it is a suggestion.

Anyway, the other 10 or 20 apps that I have tried all had the same issue as they all favor the main read more in % than in db, and I cannot remember any of audio apps speaking in db instead of %.  So I think if you could get the audio to speak somehow in db, then your app would have a unique feature! The audio is the only thing I suggest changing or making a setting for as the rest of the displays work fine for me.

I find this app also works for ATSC which is the standard for U.S. terrestrial signals. It takes at least 15 db(snr) for our terrestrial signals to open. and again it would be nice to have an app that has audio in db instead of an app with audio that keeps repeating 100 whilst you climb 10 meters up the tower move the beam antenna several degrees in each direction. 

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #10 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:22

You're the one with 3.6m antenna? :D

Can we see the pictures of the antenna?

Pretty please :)

I'll try to take care of it, as soon the job I'm actually payed to do allows me.

Need some more thoughts about it, how to implement it without breaking it for existing users.

@janejak

I'm really interested to help, but I would need access to the webinterface over the net.

Currently, DM enabled new "security"  features by default in Webinterface plugin.

If you turn them OFF application will work.

But this is not real solution because many users still don't know about it.

Right way would be for me to work around it, just need to test it on a actual device.

So if there's anyone with Dreambox that has Webinterface with security features turned on and willing to let me connect for a day I would try to fix this.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #11 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:05

Instead having a Voice saying values a tone with pitch might also be usefull.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #12 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:31

I am pleased to have you application updated.

I just found a small bug:

Enable the streaming and enable the transcoding.

Don't specify any port click save, you will get an error (would be nice to present the default value here).

Then uncheck the Streaming, the Transcoding port remains displayed.

When streaming is disable both Enable transcoding and Transcoding port should be hidden.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #13 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:33

Another bug, your application force to enter a user, my openwebif doesn't have any so please allow empty user.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #14 el bandido

• 360 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2019 - 13:39

The only problems I have with a tone signal meter is being able to hear it, and understanding how much stronger or weaker the signal is compared to how the tone changed.
Signal in db in a consumer fta receiver is not really accurate when compared to commercial equipment, but it is pretty much infinite in most receivers. Signal in db will keep climbing while snr in % stops at 100, which seems to be about 15db.

A picture of my 3.6 meter dish, with his 2.4 meter brother is attached.

Attached Files

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #15 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2019 - 17:43

Kudos! I'm impressed!

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #16 bumperbee

• 282 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2019 - 21:55

Hi, how to read whether the signal is good or bad? Thanks

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #17 bumperbee

• 282 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:08

Hi, on my Dvb-T2 the signal I get is as attached. Could someone tell me if this is good or bad please? Thanks

Attached Files

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #18 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:13

Actually, it's too good. 100 db seems highly unlikely. Means either tuner sends invalid data, or the image is reading it wrong. For example, for me it's takes about 25% for channel to watchable. And db is always same as SNR (which in reality isn't). In my case,tuner sends same SNR and dB data.
There isn't much you can do really. Try to unplug antena to see if signal comes down. If it is, well, you do have tuner that sends some valid data, if it stays at 100 you're out of luck.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #19 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:16

In our experience most DVB-T (and C) tuners produce bogus data, many ony have a few distinct values they report.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #20 bumperbee

• 282 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 22 September 2019 - 21:26

Hi Shax & WanWizard, thank you for the info and advice. Best Regards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users