Foto

Oscam delay start up

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 9 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 luxor

• 6 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 11 oktober 2019 - 10:52

Hello, I would like to delay oscam after the boot so that openvpn starts earlier.

How can I do that?

Thanks

Re: Oscam delay start up #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68303 berichten

+1718
Excellent

Geplaatst op 11 oktober 2019 - 11:05

Is that needed? Oscam readers will automatically (re)connect as soon as a network connection comes available.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Oscam delay start up #3 luxor

• 6 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 11 oktober 2019 - 11:15

Yeah I need oscam starts later than openvpn

Re: Oscam delay start up #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68303 berichten

+1718
Excellent

Geplaatst op 11 oktober 2019 - 13:31

Why? Oscam doesn't care that the VPN isn't up when it is started?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Oscam delay start up #5 luxor

• 6 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 11 oktober 2019 - 15:11

It's not a problem about oscam. It works good. I just want the VPN to work before oscam so that my original ip isn't shown at all.

Re: Oscam delay start up #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68303 berichten

+1718
Excellent

Geplaatst op 11 oktober 2019 - 15:28

If it connects to an IP that is reachable through both your internet connection and your VPN, can't you block it on your router? Or define a null route on your router for that IP? Or a static route on the box that forces the traffic to that IP to the VPN next-hop? Or setup the VPN on your router?

It isn't complex to alter the startup order, but it is complexer to make sure Oscam doesn't start before the tunnel is fully up, simply swapping the startup order doesn't guarantee that. 

Re: Oscam delay start up #7 mrvica

• 1216 berichten

+80
Good

Geplaatst op 11 oktober 2019 - 16:50

in /etc/init.d/softcam.oscam instead of

#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
start)
ulimit -s 1024
/usr/bin/oscam --wait 0 --config-dir /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam --daemon --pidfile /tmp/oscam.pid --restart 2 --utf8
;;

you put

sleep 30 && /usr/bin/oscam --wait 0 --config-dir /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam --daemon --pidfile /tmp/oscam.pid --restart 2 --utf8

adjust sleep more or less

Veranderd door mrvica, 11 oktober 2019 - 16:50

Re: Oscam delay start up #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68303 berichten

+1718
Excellent

Geplaatst op 11 oktober 2019 - 17:31

That still doesn't guarantee that oscam will only start once the tunnel is up and there is IP connectivity.

Also, softcam.oscam is a system file, which means it may be overwritten on the next update.

Re: Oscam delay start up #9 oldgraf

• 26 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 14 oktober 2019 - 12:54

http://www.streamboa...m.conf#serverip
is this in help ?

Re: Oscam delay start up #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68303 berichten

+1718
Excellent

Geplaatst op 14 oktober 2019 - 13:58

If by that you mean use the tap0 / tun0 IP, chances are Oscam won't start if OpenVPN isn't up, and that interface isn't available. You'll have to test if that works...

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers