• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 imperia

• 140 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 13 October 2019 - 17:27

hello,

my stb suddenly is unable to mount my cifs NAS.

Network browser don't see the NAS PC at all, but sees other Windows computers in network.

my nas is debian box.

i tried to mount it from command line too:

root@et6x00:/# mount -t cifs //192.168.0.61/downloads -o username=user,password=pass /mnt/cifs
mount: mounting //192.168.0.61/downloads on /mnt/cifs failed: Operation not supported

stb is xtrend 6x00 with openpli 7.1.

samba server config is:

# Global parameters
[global]
        client max protocol = SMB3_00
        disable spoolss = Yes
        guest account = root
        load printers = No
        log file = /var/log/samba/smb.%m
        map to guest = Bad User
        os level = 255
        preferred master = Yes
        printcap name = /dev/null
        security = USER
        server string = %h samba network services
        unix extensions = No
        workgroup = IMPERIA
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        case sensitive = Yes
        printing = bsd

[Root]
        comment = Everything - take care!
        guest ok = Yes
        path = /
        read only = No
        wide links = Yes

[disk1]
        comment = The harddisk
        guest ok = Yes
        path = /mnt/data1
        read only = No

[downloads]
        comment = rtorrent downloads
        guest ok = Yes
        path = /mnt/data1/rtorrent/downloads
        read only = No

I can access shares from my Windows PC. everything is working.

Re: unable to mount cifs #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 13 October 2019 - 18:05

If 192.168.0.61 is your NAS, then samba config is not relevant, or is that the config of your NAS?

Did you update anything? 

If you don't see the NAS in the browser, and assuming you can ping the NAS from the box, the most likely is that SMBv1 is disabled (which also disables netbios broadcasts). Given the fact the box runs an old kernel, chances are that it wants to connect using SMBv1. Linux kernel drivers don't negotiate/try versions like Windows, you need to specify it.

So try to add vers=2.1 to the mount options...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: unable to mount cifs #3 imperia

• 140 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 13 October 2019 - 18:49

Thanks, that worked.

I update my linux and my stb often. Not sure what broke that. I haven't touched mounts options.

Re: unable to mount cifs #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 13 October 2019 - 18:58

Update in samba version on your NAS, most likely.

Everyone is constantly trying to improve the security,and SMBv1 is very insecure, all NAS vendors, and all still maintained Windows versions, have it now disabled by default. The Linux kernel has switched its default too, but the et6x00 runs an old kernel.

The upcoming OpenEmbedded linux has telnet and ftp disabled by default, and does not allow root logins without ssh keys anymore. 

So fun times are ahead... ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: unable to mount cifs #5 imperia

• 140 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:09

I guess so. I am running latest samba.

imperia@fserver:~# apt show samba
Package: samba
Version: 2:4.11.0+dfsg-10

Re: unable to mount cifs #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2019 - 11:31

The latest available perhaps, but 2.4.11 is definitely ancient, so old it's almost worth money... ;)

By comparison, OpenPLi currently runs on OE Pyro, which is already a few years old, and that comes with:

root@vuduo4k:~# smbd -V
Version 4.6.2

Re: unable to mount cifs #7 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2019 - 15:27

@WanWizard: I guess it’s 4.11.0 ;)
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: unable to mount cifs #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2019 - 15:51

Ah, ok. Debian derivative, keeps confusing me... ;)

Re: unable to mount cifs #9 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,797 posts

+83
Good

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:39

4.6.2 is it in the develop, I believe.

Maybe the activation would
'CONFIG_CIFS_UPCALL=y'

defconfig et6000
help.
So you would not have to directly exchange the Nas server.

Edited by rantanplan, 15 October 2019 - 12:40.

Re: unable to mount cifs #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:44

I don't think Kerberos related changes are going to help.

Furthermore, we don't maintain BSP's, so we don't have access to the defconfig, and a change like this needs to happen for all BSP's, otherwise we create different behaviour within a single release, depending on the image, which is a support nightmare.

I've posted a long explanation in Dutch here: https://forums.openp...-5#entry1114216

Which boils down to:

• OpenPLi 7.2 connects by default using SMBv2 and NTLMssp.
  • If your server doesn't support SMBv2, you can downgrade the connection by adding vers=1.0 to the mount options.
  • If your server doesn't support NTLMssp, you can downgrade the connection by adding sec=ntlmv2 or sec=ntlm to the mount options.

Edited by WanWizard, 15 October 2019 - 12:46.

Re: unable to mount cifs #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 16 October 2019 - 16:52

If there are people with CIFS mount problems, that are willing and able to help:

On the box, do:

cp /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkBrowser/AutoMount.py /home/root
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenPLi/enigma2-plugins/master/networkbrowser/src/AutoMount.py -O /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkBrowser/AutoMount.py

and restart Enigma when done.

Check if your automounts have now run correctly. If so, you should find in the mountmanager, in the share options, the auto negotiated SMB version and Security level.

If needed, you can restore the old version with:

mv /home/root/AutoMount.py /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkBrowser/AutoMount.py

after which you need to restart Enigma again.

Re: unable to mount cifs #12 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 16 October 2019 - 17:03

First line should be:

cp /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkBrowser/AutoMount.pyo /home/root

And to restore

rm /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkBrowser/AutoMount.py
mv /home/root/AutoMount.pyo /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkBrowser/AutoMount.pyo

Edited by betacentauri, 16 October 2019 - 17:04.

Re: unable to mount cifs #13 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 16 October 2019 - 17:24

Om te testen heb ik hier een Mut@nt HD60 neergezet.
Eigenlijk om de flash 'problemen' het hoofd te bieden. OpenPli 7.1 in slot 1, Pure-E2 6.3 in slot 2 en OpenVision 7.0 in slot 3. Daar zit uiteraard geen interne HDD in (past niet) en ook geen externe aangesloten. Dus via CIFS gemount. Geen enkel probleem! Zowel naar de oeroude DM8000 als de twee NAS-en komt de verbinding zonder "morren" tot stand..
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: unable to mount cifs #14 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 16 October 2019 - 17:33

English please.

Re: unable to mount cifs #15 leotzian1

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 October 2019 - 16:22

Hi to all especially to the developers, I have the same problem in 2 recievers I have one Edision OS mini and one VU+ Uno, The OTA update on 17 or 18 of October had deleted all my mounts in /media/net folder.

In mount manager all the shares are there but in the left icon there is a small red X.

I have done all the solution in your previous posts using the above commands with no luck, I had tried deleting the shares and create them again with no success.

This was happened after the update in both recievers.

The temporary solution I had done because I record some programs in a NAS I have and with this problem I could not, is to replace  AutoMount.py and  AutoMount.pyo in the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkBrowser folder using WinSCP, and restaring Enigma.

Is threre any other solution? because after the future updates I have to do the same procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by leotzian1, 21 October 2019 - 16:22.

Re: unable to mount cifs #16 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 21 October 2019 - 16:28

The permanent (hopefully) fix for this will be part of tomorrow's 7.2-rc build, and will be in 7.2-release.

Re: unable to mount cifs #17 leotzian1

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 October 2019 - 16:40

Thanks I will wait 

Bye

Re: unable to mount cifs #18 leotzian1

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:52

Hi again 

I tried the new update, sorry to tell you but the same exact problem exists, I solved again the problem by replacing the same files I had mention above.

Re: unable to mount cifs #19 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:30

The build doesn't start until 11:00 GMT.

Re: unable to mount cifs #20 leotzian1

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:02

The build doesn't start until 11:00 GMT.

Hi again

I had tried and the today OTA update the problem had not resolved yet, and I replaced the files to work again with my shares.

I wrote this just to let you know, The problem is the same in both recievers.

Thanks for your effords.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users