Photo

How to use command line to make a usb recording play on tv ?

usb commandline recording pkt hyperion

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FlexMcMurphy

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 October 2019 - 21:03

Hello,

I am using an enigma2 image called PKT Hyperion on an Amiko Alien 2 box.

I use this to make recordings to a usb drive that is connected to the box. When I want to play the recordings (mp4, avi, mkv) on my TV (that is connected to the Alien 2 box) I press the FOLDER button on my tv remote and then highlight one of the recordings on the menu that appears and then I press the OK button on the remote. Then the movie starts to play on my tv.

The PKT Hyperion movie menu I am talking about is attached.

My question:
I want to play recordings that are on the usb key that is connected to the Alien2 box... on my tv.
I don't want to have to use my tv remote and the menus in my enigma2 image to make the recordings play on my tv.
Is it possible to make a recording play on the tv using the command line only?

There is an old thread here... https://forums.openp...a2-pipe-stream/

It might have the solution but I can't really understand the explanation in there.

Can you help me or tell me someone else who might know?

Thank you,

Flex

Attached Files

Re: How to use command line to make a usb recording play on tv ? #2 FlexMcMurphy

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 October 2019 - 23:57

Hello again,

I got it working with this command:

wget http://192.168.1.100/web/mediaplayerplay?file=/media/hdd/movie/shrek.mp4

Now I just need to figure out how to simulate remote control button presses from the command line.. to exit out of engima2 MediaPlayer when the movie ends... without needing to use the TV remote.

Flex

Edited by FlexMcMurphy, 17 October 2019 - 23:59.

Re: How to use command line to make a usb recording play on tv ? #3 FlexMcMurphy

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 October 2019 - 00:07

OK I also figured how to simulate remote control button presses from the command line:

To open the enigma2 "Menu":

wget http://192.168.1.100/web/remotecontrol?command=139

I found remote control key codes here:

https://dream.reichh...e#RemoteControl

Re: How to use command line to make a usb recording play on tv ? #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:09

Hi,

You are on the OpenPLi forum, please post your questions on the forum of the image you are using: PKT Hyperion or use OpenPLi image if available to post here.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: How to use command line to make a usb recording play on tv ? #5 FlexMcMurphy

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 October 2019 - 09:52

PKT Hyperion is based on OpenPLi so it shares a lot of the same code. Since support for PKT is only in Polish I came here. I am surprised as a contributor here with so many posts you aren't aware of that.

Also if you had read my carefully and clearly worded posts you would have noticed that I went to the trouble of answering my own question for the benefit of others... something I should be thanked for. Furthermore this is a problem with a solution that can benefit anyone using an OpenPLi image or a variant of same.

Your only contribution was to leave an ungenerous and unhelpful response and your buddies on this site give you a thumbs up for it !

Flex

Re: How to use command line to make a usb recording play on tv ? #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2019 - 13:19

OpenPLi code is Open Source and public, anyone can fork it, how should we be aware of that? Until yesterday, I've never heard of PKT Hyperion...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: How to use command line to make a usb recording play on tv ? #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2019 - 14:08

And we didn't provide support for forked images here.

(Since I am since a long time on this forum I know this).

Edited by Pr2, 19 October 2019 - 14:09.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: How to use command line to make a usb recording play on tv ? #8 mrvica

• 1,218 posts

+80
Good

Posted 19 October 2019 - 14:22

PKT Hyperion is based on OpenPLi

wrong, PKT (Polish Koders Team) is based od OE-Alliance

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: usb, commandline, recording, pkt hyperion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users