Zgemma H9S timeshift and USB 3.0 problems

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 veremax

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 October 2019 - 19:30

Hello!
Recently I've bought a new satellite receiver ZGEMMA H9S (version without built in WiFi, but with one USB 3.0 port).
As I am very happy with OpenPLI image on my VU+ Uno 4K, I decided to install OpenPLI 7.1 on ZGEMMA H9S.

Everything is fine except two things:

1. OpenPli 7.0, OpenPLI 7.1 and OpenPLI 7.2 RC don't see any of my two USB sticks (128Mb Samsung and 256Mb Kingston) in USB 3.0 port. When I insert any of these sticks into USB 2.0 port, everything is fine.

2. I use automatic timeshift (with delay 5 seconds) and have problems:

2a/ When I watch live TV for a while (so automatic timeshift is working) and press rewind button, the seekbar is appearing on screen, but rewind fails (I see black screen with empty seekbar).

2b/ When I watch live TV and press pause key, timeshift starts. But if then I use rewind or fast forward keys, image hangs.

2c/ When I watch live TV and press pause key, timeshift starts. But if then I press 1,4,7 or 3,6,9 key, nothing is happening until I press OK or play button (in this moment position on seekbar instantly changes and playback continues from this new position).

Please check this.
Thank you!

Edited by veremax, 21 October 2019 - 19:33.

Re: Zgemma H9S timeshift and USB 3.0 problems #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,508 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 21 October 2019 - 20:02

If the USB port doesn't work, zgemma has to fix this in the drivers, this is outside our control (but we can pass it on).

And I can't reproduce the other points on my box, it might be related with the fact you use a (slow) USB device as storage?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Zgemma H9S timeshift and USB 3.0 problems #3 veremax

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 October 2019 - 20:33

If the USB port doesn't work, zgemma has to fix this in the drivers, this is outside our control (but we can pass it on).

And I can't reproduce the other points on my box, it might be related with the fact you use a (slow) USB device as storage?

I have tried OpenPLI 6.2 and USB 3.0 port works.

My USB is not slow - i's Kingston hyperx savage 256gb

Oh! If connect to USB 3.0 port an external USB 2.0 2.5 SATA HDD, the disk is working fine.

One more thing. I use oscam (from feed) and watch 36E with keys from network.

Edited by veremax, 21 October 2019 - 20:38.

Re: Zgemma H9S timeshift and USB 3.0 problems #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,508 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 21 October 2019 - 20:47

If the port works in 6.2 and not in 7, it is most likely a driver regression. We don't do anything at hardware level.

The stick might not be slow, but maybe in an USB2 slot it is? I can't really comment, I never use memory sticks for this purpose...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Zgemma H9S timeshift and USB 3.0 problems #5 veremax

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 October 2019 - 21:52

If the port works in 6.2 and not in 7, it is most likely a driver regression. We don't do anything at hardware level.

The stick might not be slow, but maybe in an USB2 slot it is? I can't really comment, I never use memory sticks for this purpose...

I have tried external 2.5 HDD. Result the same.

Re: Zgemma H9S timeshift and USB 3.0 problems #6 Dimmie

• 2,338 posts

+33
Good

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:04

1. OpenPli 7.0, OpenPLI 7.1 and OpenPLI 7.2 RC don't see any of my two USB sticks (128Mb Samsung and 256Mb Kingston)

i's Kingston hyperx savage 256gb

ehh ?

first you say you use a 256mb usb stick

and then suddenly you use a 256gb stick ?

a Kingston hyperx savage stick = USB3.1, not USB3.0

Have no problems here with USB3.0 sticks in the USB3.0 port.

Re: Zgemma H9S timeshift and USB 3.0 problems #7 veremax

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 October 2019 - 14:39

ehh ?

first you say you use a 256mb usb stick

and then suddenly you use a 256gb stick ?

Sorry. My mistake. Of cource 256Gb

If you have Zgemma H9S with OpenPli, image please make a short test: 

1/ Turn on automatic timeshift start after 3-5 seconds.

2/ Zap to some channel (no matter SD, HD or UHD) and wait for a minute or more.

3/ Press Rewind button << on your remote.

My receiver can not rewind properly. The screen goes black. Only infobar and seekbar are shown. And marker of current position on seekbar does not move to the left.

But my second receiver VU+ Uno 4k with the same version of OpenPLI 7.1 passes this test normally with the same Kingston HyperX Savage 256Gb.

Thank you!

Re: Zgemma H9S timeshift and USB 3.0 problems #8 chector

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 October 2020 - 09:47

Is there any way to report to Zgemma/Air Digital support this issue?

Re: Zgemma H9S timeshift and USB 3.0 problems #9 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,388 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 1 October 2020 - 12:02

I just reported it to my Zgemma contact. 

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users