Blacklisted companies/teams/persons

• Dit onderwerp is gesloten Dit onderwerp is gesloten
Er zijn 59 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 Persian Prince

• 1982 berichten

+247
Excellent

Geplaatst op 27 oktober 2019 - 18:15

There are some stupid companies/teams/persons which want to keep enigma2 closed-source.

Please don't buy their products, don't help them, don't donate anything to them, don't use their images.

If you support them they will grow but we need to fight this kind of behavior together.

* DMM (DreamBox) company which did close their enigma2 sources years ago.
* Japhar team, despite the fact that they're supporting clones they are using everyone's work and don't publish their changes.
* PurE2 team which are using everyone's work and trying to close things like using .so libraries, they don't publish their changes.
* VITMOD which is stealing our sources even our procfs driver without publishing his work.
* SatLodge team which are using PLi's sources but they don't publish their changes.

Veranderd door Persian Prince, 27 oktober 2019 - 18:18

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #2 Persian Prince

• 1982 berichten

+247
Excellent

Geplaatst op 27 oktober 2019 - 18:17

From "voyger" (SatLodge):

now you get on my nerve you wouldn't like if you carryon brake my balls

I don't have to publish any source,as you said the source they open so I modify the version to my Liking I don't have to publish any thing

never the less our imge are base PLI

and for NCam we don't use your source and we don't have to publish any thing

now get away from my back and go back to your warren

this is a satlodge team thread if you got something to complain see MaterG and complain to him or post in the right section

at soon will delete your post above hope you get what I mean...

They're using PLi.

I think the enigma2 community should stand against this behavior.

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #3 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56257 berichten

+691
Excellent

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 07:49

Sounds like satlodge don’t understand what opensource and GPL means. Any change to our source they should ‘deliver’.
From the other side I don’t understand why you have openvision’s dmm box images while you listed them?
And you forgot to add VTI...
But there are more... what can we do about those ego’s that are proud of their changes, and openly communicatie that but the source they took will not profit from it as the source cannot do what they can do....

Veranderd door littlesat, 28 oktober 2019 - 07:53

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #4 cdr

• 49 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 19:32

hi all I do apologise to the PLI team for this post, just for reference this Persian prince he is a liar liar  the king of king of thief he is the one nick other people job plugins etc etc he is just jealous 

satlodge don't make any profit or receive any donation we are just hobbyist we pay our server from our pocket  we do our image just for hobby

we do the Zgemma PLI base image we thanks the PLI for the open source we love people..

so pleas Persian prince just go back to your warren and stay don't go around tell liar don't bother us anymore keep your illusion imagination for yourself 

my regard cdr satlodge admin

Veranderd door cdr, 28 oktober 2019 - 19:34

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #5 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2435 berichten

+62
Good

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 19:36

A thief takes and does not give. Persian Prince contributes to other images.

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68544 berichten

+1736
Excellent

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 19:40

PLi source code is published under GPL.

The GPL license requires anyone making modifications to publish these modifications upon request. Consider this the official request.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #7 cdr

• 49 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 20:04

PLi source code is published under GPL.

The GPL license requires anyone making modifications to publish these modifications upon request. Consider this the official request.

as I said above satlodge team thanks the PLI team for the open source

if every time we come out with new image the list of modification will very long we need a very long page.

believe from now on we will ignore Persian prince he don't worth a penny he should look after is own house

now got better thing to do

regards to all 

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #8 Tech

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14629 berichten

+459
Excellent

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 20:33

GPL is GPL, it doesn't mean, just say thank you and do whatever you like with that source.

My guess is, you clone the OpenPLi opensource to a closed git source, make your changes and build your images from that source, so the easiest way is, just publish that git source, in that case you don't need a very long page.

Aan de rand van de afgrond is een stap voorwaarts niet altijd vooruitgang....

On the edge of the abyss, a step forward is not always progress....

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #9 dhwz

• 227 berichten

+20
Neutral

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 20:42

There are some stupid companies/teams/persons which want to keep enigma2 closed-source.

Please don't buy their products, don't help them, don't donate anything to them, don't use their images.

If you support them they will grow but we need to fight this kind of behavior together.

Jealous or what? Dream Property (this company is not named DMM for many years now) is the only entity which has the right to NOT publish their sources as they OWN Enigma2.

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #10 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56257 berichten

+691
Excellent

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 21:02

Yes Dream Multi Media... and maybe Dream Property... had indeed a license at that time that you could fork their property when you're doing it under a GPL license. OpenPLi started as such fork.But their license allowed to go closed source.

But as soon other tenders did also fork their property and/or forks are used on tender boxes, they went to court (which seems they loose!) which leads to the fact they lifted their special license and changed their property to partly closed source.

Veranderd door littlesat, 28 oktober 2019 - 21:03

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #11 Persian Prince

• 1982 berichten

+247
Excellent

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 21:21

Sounds like satlodge don’t understand what opensource and GPL means. Any change to our source they should ‘deliver’.
From the other side I don’t understand why you have openvision’s dmm box images while you listed them?
And you forgot to add VTI...
But there are more... what can we do about those ego’s that are proud of their changes, and openly communicatie that but the source they took will not profit from it as the source cannot do what they can do....

As some our members still have dreambox we do release Open Vision for them and I think it's good to show dreambox users that an Open image could be better than a closed one.

"dreamone" model can't use an Open image for now as so many things won't work. So many people understand now buying this model is wrong.

Could you please help me with this list: https://github.com/O...iesteamspersons

?

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #12 Persian Prince

• 1982 berichten

+247
Excellent

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 21:26

hi all I do apologise to the PLI team for this post, just for reference this Persian prince he is a liar liar  the king of king of thief he is the one nick other people job plugins etc etc he is just jealous 

satlodge don't make any profit or receive any donation we are just hobbyist we pay our server from our pocket  we do our image just for hobby

we do the Zgemma PLI base image we thanks the PLI for the open source we love people..

so pleas Persian prince just go back to your warren and stay don't go around tell liar don't bother us anymore keep your illusion imagination for yourself 

my regard cdr satlodge admin

This is our git: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

You could find everything we use in our images, nothing to hide and we did even remove closed-source cams like CCcam from our images.

So who's lying? You don't even know how to behave and speak in English and that's why you don't know anything about GPL license.

YOU HAVE TO publish your changes when you're using PLi's sources.

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #13 Persian Prince

• 1982 berichten

+247
Excellent

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 21:33

Jealous or what? Dream Property (this company is not named DMM for many years now) is the only entity which has the right to NOT publish their sources as they OWN Enigma2.

Be realistic please, why should we be jealous of dreambox when they did lose the market to Vu+, GigaBlue and Zgemma years ago? Market war is between them and we don't care.

What I'm saying is "please don't support the closed-source supporters".

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #14 cdr

• 49 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 22:00

Persian prince quote

So who's lying? You don't even know how to behave and speak in English 

sure will not learn from you LOL  :D  :D  :D  :rolleyes: ha ha ha

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #15 Persian Prince

• 1982 berichten

+247
Excellent

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 22:12

Some history about dreambox:

Sky and NDS were after dreambox because of card sharing and other illegal activities that dreambox directly helped to sell more boxes.

Sky and NDS made some good deals with Broadcom, they asked Broadcom not to sell anything to dreambox and that was the time dreambox experienced so many manufacturing problems and Vu+ beated dreambox.

Christopher Tarnovsky (https://en.m.wikiped...opher_Tarnovsky) hacked dreambox's security chip (by the request of Sky and NDS) and that was the time Chinese clones beated dreambox.

Their golden time is far over, they don't have the market and they're not the best anymore.

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #16 daimon

• 220 berichten

+5
Neutral

Geplaatst op 28 oktober 2019 - 22:49

this fury with satlodge for a ncam with a different name :D

which, moreover, is a copy of oscam

Veranderd door daimon, 28 oktober 2019 - 22:50

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #17 daimon

• 220 berichten

+5
Neutral

Geplaatst op 29 oktober 2019 - 07:26

as for the satlodge enigma2 sources they are on github

we make some changes to enigma2 at our pleasure

I don't see all this fury maybe it's him that has other interests

nothing is done in secret

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #18 daimon

• 220 berichten

+5
Neutral

Geplaatst op 29 oktober 2019 - 07:26

Spero di poter chiudere questa discussione

non vuoi fare pubblicità ma semplicemente portare avanti un hobby

e costruisci due o tre scatole

senza i soliti che hanno i loro veri interessi con opensource

and excuse my english translated with google

Veranderd door daimon, 29 oktober 2019 - 07:29

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #19 daimon

• 220 berichten

+5
Neutral

Geplaatst op 29 oktober 2019 - 07:37

I hope we can close this discussion

you don't want to advertise but just carry on a hobby

and build two or three boxes

without the usual ones that have their real interests with opensource

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #20 Persian Prince

• 1982 berichten

+247
Excellent

Geplaatst op 29 oktober 2019 - 08:14

@daimon

First of all thanks for sharing the git URL, this could have been done in the first place instead of insulting by your team member.

He said your team won't using our sources then what's https://github.com/b...v/enigma2-openv and https://github.com/budinev/enigma2-dm ?

This is lying but it's ok as long as you publish your changes on github.

I will remove your team name from our blacklist but this thread needs to be opened in my opinion to track any similar activity.

[modbreak=Moderator remark]My request to all involved so not specifically to PP. 
Until now I have accepted the way some of you think the way you debate is the right one. Blaming each other, calling a liar etc. etc. Why don’t why don't you change this negative way of communicating with each other into something positive and start cooperating with each other. If you feel you need to continue calling names etc. then I will close and possibly even hide this whole topic. [/modbreak]

Veranderd door Frenske, 29 oktober 2019 - 10:16

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers