DM8000 locks up when streaming video with WiFi connection

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 2 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 jesp

• 6 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 15 november 2019 - 10:33

Hi

I don't know if anyone can help with this.

I connect my DM8000 to my home WiFi network using the DM8000 internal WiFi.

If I then stream from the DM8000 to a laptop (also connected by WiFi to my network) using VLC, the DM8000 will completely lock up after a few minutes of streamng video and the only way to fix is a power on/off.

Instead, if I connect the DM8000 to my home network using a CAT5 cable to the hub, instead of the internal WiFi, I can stream to my Laptop (still on WiFi) with no problems for hours and hours.

I can even connect the DM8000 with a CAT5 cable to a wireless repeater (that has an Ethernet port) that is connected wirelessly to my hub and this also works ok.

I think there might be a problem with the DM8000 WiFi software driver?

Anyone else seen this?

It isn't a problem as I can use the CAT5 cable to WiFi repeater but it would be nice to just use the WiFi only.

Any ideas welcome.

Jon

Re: DM8000 locks up when streaming video with WiFi connection #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68303 berichten

+1718
Excellent

Geplaatst op 15 november 2019 - 13:54

Didn't even know that the DM8000 had internal wifi.

I'd say, start with some debugging. Connect your cable too, and make sure it has an IP. When the box locks up again, can you still ping the box / access the box via ssh/telnet using the cable IP?

If so, login, issue the command "dmesg", and post the last 40-50 lines here.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: DM8000 locks up when streaming video with WiFi connection #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 15 november 2019 - 20:28

Hi,

You should also read other members thread to convince you that this will never properly work:

https://forums.openp...-out-of-memory/

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers