Photo

Where are stored the channels list after a tuner research?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 31 December 2019 - 13:34

Hi,

As I move one of my 2 Ultimo between my 2 houses, I have to launch a tuner research every time but it's very long. If I can store the 2 files and can copy the good one when I need it, it would be quicker.

Are they in etc\enigma2\lamedb (or etc\enigma2\lamedb5)?

Thank you :) .

Vu+ Ultimo 4K - OpenPli 8.3

Xtrend ET9200 - OpenPli 6.2

Re: Where are stored the channels list after a tuner research? #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 31 December 2019 - 14:00

Hi,

You need to take several files, be carefull that I use * that will replace any characters.

/etc/enigma2/lamedb*

/etc/enigma2/bouquets.*

/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.*

/etc/enigma2/blacklist

/etc/enigma2/whitelist

And transfert them from the box that have it all to the box where you want to have the same channel list.

But the easiest way to perform this for you is certainly to use a PC Channel Editor like:  DreamboxEdit or E-Channelizer and retrieve the list from the reference box, save the files.

Connect to the "to update" box, open up the previously saved files and push to the box.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Where are stored the channels list after a tuner research? #3 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 31 December 2019 - 14:28

I think these files :

/etc/enigma2/bouquets.*

/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.*

/etc/enigma2/blacklist

/etc/enigma2/whitelist

are linked to the favourites and the favourites are the same for the 2 houses, it's only the TNT frequencies channels which are different but I can also copy them.

Thank you Pr2 :) .

Re: Where are stored the channels list after a tuner research? #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 31 December 2019 - 14:32

If the frequencies are different between your 2 houses than you cannot copy the lamedb files it won't work, you will need to rescan DVB-T.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Where are stored the channels list after a tuner research? #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 31 December 2019 - 14:39

OK I better understand you question now, you are physically moving the boxes between two locations so that's why you need to rescan each time.

To avoid this take a backup of the files I mention and restore them based on your location.

But I would advice you to use a PC Channel Editor for this, I think that this will ease your life. You can save several set of configuration (in DreamboxEdit I just create different folders and save the configuration in there).

But isn't it a Terrestrial Scan in the menu, that will allow you to perform a search with LCN (Logical Channel Number), normally this kind of search is quite fast, you just need to define the reference frequency and all the rest will be automatic without doing a full DVB-T range scan which is indeed quite long?

Re: Where are stored the channels list after a tuner research? #6 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 31 December 2019 - 15:29

Yes I use the same DreamboxEdit file for the 2 locations with 2 main folders :

DBE doesn't save all the necessary files, I've tried it. And it would be quicker to launch a script file with Hotkey to copy the good configuration ;) .

Attached Files

Re: Where are stored the channels list after a tuner research? #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 31 December 2019 - 15:40

Yes DBE is saving all the necessary files, just check the files into the folder. 

Re: Where are stored the channels list after a tuner research? #8 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 31 December 2019 - 16:18

I'm not sure. When I restore the "good" configuration, it didn't work and in the DBE files, there is not lamedb5 and perhaps other files.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users